1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bdo increasing playerbase since p2w update

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Allan1985, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Allan1985

As ridiculous as it may seem:

Last 30 Days 11,176.8 +297.3 +2.73% 15,640

bdo has won 297 new players (whales) since it became p2w only in steam, so about 1000 new whale players oveall?, so all those who said they would quit didnt quit, that was kinda expected but still sad.

2. Nyhver

Just as the future of games

Malfurion likes this.
  3. Jaeger

good for kakao but steam player base are not even 10% of the whole player base :-)

Dalenos and Noble One like this.
  4. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

There seems to be alot more than that. 297 is probably people that came back for the goodies.

5. ambyentlight

So? that clearly means non steam players have also nodoubt joined since P2W update also.

6. Jabolexor

Meh,
    • Guild Attendance Rewards: 8/9 00:00 UTC ~ 12/26 23:59 UTC
    • Loyal Attendance Rewards: 8/2 00:00 UTC ~ 9/5 23:59 UTC

Thelemna likes this.
  7. Doom Smack

Maybe relates more to remastered than p2w..?

Although, I do love the valks cry addition (from bsa and loyalties)

Evil Wood and Arreyanne like this.
  8. Columba

My life skill rankings are dropping even though I am progressing , so, likely than population increasing

Cardiel likes this.
  9. Atron

No it clearly shows that we, that are against P2W, are the most vocal and the group that wants P2W is silently buying their way up to top tier players.

I was afraid that this was the case. They would never introduce P2W to a game they spent 2 years remastering on a pure greed.

Studies were made behind it and calculations so here we are ... the future of MMOs ... the future new generation of players want, light weight P2W.

Recently i joined Olivia servers on Alt account .... its a mad house .... players everywhere ... i got a feeling its a launch day blood monastery packed and i joined non-crowded channel ffs.

Kynreaa likes this.
  10. United_Strafes

Yep, and in a week or two when their inventories start to fill up, storage starts to fill up, start going constantly overweight, can't pick up their loot cause no pets it'll start dropping again, always does.

It will take more than shiny metal at this point to keep anyone playing past the 1st month or 2....a lot more.

11. Valkaryie

live from BDO is dead HQ

how could all those threads lie to us

[​IMG]

Mgp likes this.
  12. ambyentlight

Many people rejoining bdo since p2w update as before a new player joined the game got to 50 got farmed by everyone and told to git gud and quits after first month but now they can swipe their credit card to get a massive headstart and if they spent enougth they will be full softcap within the first month or two.

13. United_Strafes

Oh it won't die for years, there's people that have invested tens of thousands of dollars. Good news is it'll be dead for me!

14. Akh Morn

I'm a new player myself...I don't know how long I'll stick around. I'm willing to give it a decent shot, but I have this sad, sad, sinking feeling that this game is very shiny, very good looking and very soulless.
    There's a lot about the game I like, and I really want to to be good...but I have a feeling it just isn't.

I mean, the dice game and the way the Summer event chests open...clearly this is designed to intentionally exploit people with a gambling addiction. Intentionally making money from the mentally ill.
    How parasitic.

Megabiv likes this.
  15. United_Strafes

Don't worry we all started that way, fun combat, nice graphics, fun classes, cool character creator. Then the company behind it all starts to sink in.
    Start to run out of inventory and weight
    Cant pick up your loot
    Start to run out of storage
    Especially when you hit that hard wall sometime around lvl 58-60. Don't worry if you make it that long...you'll see. It's when EVERYTHING that was fun stops dead in it's tracks. At that point or even before there's really only two choices, open your wallet WIDE or uninstall. The game doesn't give you anymore.

16. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

You have clear insight.

17. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Of course they don't quit. They just QQ cause they don't have the money to do it as well, even tho they would like to. And generally there is no other good mmo out there that shines in the areas where bdo shines.

And why do you assume those new players are whales? The game is constantly getting new players, whale or not.

18. Escapism

Imagine the playerbases in mmo's wouldnt constantly spike up after every major patch or expansions...

And it wasnt just the added p2w, remastered graphics also came at the same time, which was (sort of) heavily advertised and brought in a lot of new/returning players as well, except that those players soon find out its complete garbage, but as usual a lot of player who join or return stay around for a while because the game is just addicting. A lot of people might have just quit long ago who wanted more p2w because they couldnt compete otherwise, and decided to turn back FOR that now, but those are a minority compared to the people quitting because of p2w.

If you want to make any useful comparisons, look at the playerbase in 4-8 weeks from now and compare that to what it was before this patch.

It might be a really smart move of kakao to release drieghan right now during the next 3-4 weeks as long as the playerbase is still spiking, which would cause an even higher population spike and eventually get a lot of attention, making players or even gaming journals think that the game was healthier than ever.

Josh28 likes this.
  19. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

sp game loses 23+% and then 300 people decide to check out polished graphics and fabled would be savior caphras energy and this seems like the game is doing better?

20. kakodaimonos

I love how you claim your assumptions as fact.
    Let me make one as well:
    90% of the players got at least 1 PEN... prove me wrong.

Kynreaa, Chors and Shastalya like this.