1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bdo increasing playerbase since p2w update

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Allan1985, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

Theres always a surge after any patch that has actual content in it... (Caphra stone farming and yes new p2w)

And just like that surge always happens in the following weeks the numbers will drop and drop until we're at a lower than previous number. Waves up and down continue as content comes with bigger drops happening the longer content isnt added.

2. Beeso

Ded gaem.

[​IMG]

3. ambyentlight

Game looks more alive than its been in a long time as im haveing to fight for my grindspots more nowdays.

Draconnix likes this.
  4. Mimimimi

doubt it has anything to do with the update. most casuals wont even read the patch notes or forums. look at other games. pretty much every game is loosing a good chunk of its player base around june/july/august and gains them back in september/october. you can observe that effect best on rather old but still popular titles that don't get updates anymore. counter strike for example.

upload_2018-9-4_12-1-0.png

5. Jaeger

Including me xD but i had my first 3 pen before patch ^^

6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

I think the best part was when white knights put a price on the P2W part, as if that would stop anyone.

"No one will waste money on that" ROFL, if there's an avenue people will pay.
    Never underestimate human idiocy. We got Trump as president after all.

Josh28 and 2Cents like this.
  7. Solsi

I don't think +300 players on Steam counts as evidence of an overall population increase(in any mmo). Especially not one that's also played outside of Steam.

About the actual Steam chart, It's at least safe to say that so called "combat changes" had a much more noticeable and negative effect on population, than recent p2w implementations. But that's hardly a surprise.

I'd say the BDO population looks pretty steady anyhow. Certainly not going up to numbers competing with top games, but ofc not dying(like some people claim).

I can agree about one thing OP is saying though. Most people crying about P2W or PA&Kakao, wont quit the game. I'm the only one I know that actually stopped playing for now. Vast majority of Kakao haters and complainers will stay regardless. Probably to invested or addicted, to give the game up.

8. Mikroman

After patch reviews: 24% positive. lol. :)

9. mad

mad Witch 61 EU

I quit a few months ago. Just love reading the forum when I have a cuppa

10. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

so only 300ppl came from steam to watch new remastered, well thats pretty sad

11. DarkRogue

Bingo.

12. 2Cents

With the magnificent Delve Update POE's player base jumped from around 12K active players to 75K+ (MMO podcast stats).
    This is partially due to the "Season Cycle", but also because content and creativity is really what brings in the player base.

One again POE shines the light with a non intrusive cash shop model and promotes content/game play as the top priority.

I don't even remember the last BDO update that I looked forward to or that brought real content? Even the Caphras system has been highly disappointing and ruined the balance more than ever.

13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Did this genius just compare again a MMORPG with a Hack'n'Slash , 2 different genres with 2 totally different mechanics and staff needs ?

14. ambyentlight

The p2w update has brought countless new and old players back but based on the next patch note release leak the costumes will nolonger be able to turned into valks cry and or cron stones on the 5th of sept matinance there fore createing another gap from pre p2w hard cap 1% to after p2w hardcap 5%. Now the playerbase will be brainwashed into thinking casuals will oneday hit that mark as afterall 5% sounds better than 1% marketingwise. Will make countless people keep spending and playing because after all 5% hardcap so its achivible by all so they will make out since p2w only lasted 1 week.

15. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

How about you prove your stat first?

16. Noble One

yes and no. its more of a Schrodinger's cat type thing when it comes to how many people have joined. the only hard number is steam but like its said it only represents a small number of the true number.

in short dont go by steam unless the game is ONLY available via steam.

17. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

You do not think if this game killed all P2W, was not a 24 hour grind fest, and concentrated on content instead of scamming, the population would not surpass 200k? And perhaps drive profits to soar?

18. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

If you did read what you quoted you would know that I think people shouldn't compare MMORPGs with Hack'n'Slash games. You could then provide a relevant answer to my point.

19. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Forget the comparison...What in your opinion would drive this game to retain players, and invite new ones?

20. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Given the issues I face by running a guild, I would say more content that promotes group play.