1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bdo is dying, is kakao going to do something about it?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dastian, Aug 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SnakeAttack

SnakeAttack Wizard 61 NA

Idk if you have a calendar but it's mid-August, summer is almost over. "Players drop during summer!" was a valid argument a month and a half ago, but not anymore

RageAgainst likes this.
  2. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

It might be valid for NA, in EU most schools are closed I think kids only go to school in norway/sweeden and denmark. Steam chart will change in next 4 weeks.

3. Despins

Joke content for months. And it feels insulting.

I may even be tempted to try Battle for Azeroth after shelfing WoW for 6 years. Congratulations. I even unhearted my old Blizzard Authenticator, that, lucky me, worked. So yes, the process started yesterday and I got my account back.

Capitaine Courage likes this.
  4. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Same, I already told myself I'm not wasting another dollar on VP... I have been just afk training for last 3 months because I have nothing better to do with my laptop... Giving them another month before I just stopped logging in and give my laptop a break...

RageAgainst likes this.
  5. Deadly_Poison

same for me, now I have not the vp for over a month, and 2 weeks that I'm offline, maybe I will return to play towards the end of the year, hoping something interesting happens.

back on cemu botw :D

Fearless V likes this.
  6. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

there was supposed to have a ban wave this week, why do you think it didnt happen?

7. iller

Summer "drop off" is for games like Fortnite you flippin Newb. Most of the people who Were playing this game are not in public school. They have real jobs or they're in college in which case their only drop off is during "Finals" months

8. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

They cant ban those who already left?

GamePois0n likes this.
  9. Virukin

If the ban wave rolls then anyone who used the ram out there at sea would be bye bye lmao

10. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

I would not be so sure, many of my guild members work in tourist sector having to move out for summer period. Many people also start their summer job.

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  11. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

In my opinion its retarded to ban for something they allow you to do, besides obviously using third party software or on purposely trying to exploit the game when you know you not suppose to do that... ramming does damage and it was intended to do dmg so why can you not ram sea monsters again? I'm sure if it was illegal and against TOS they should have simply removed ram from the game...

Kyouki and Reigne Irkalla like this.
  12. Kenwulf

Yeah, the lack of the promised class balance patches and sea monster hunting killed BDO. Funny to see though, that people are actually happy about the latter, being blinded by the high payouts, because they think they can finally make money and compete against others who no-life the game. They don't realize that nothing has changed, except the option to choose how you play BDO, which was the favorite part of the game for me, just got removed, and everyone is forced to do sea monster hunting... Might as well play WoW and farm dungeons all day at that point...

JM, ODB3698 and Sheneria like this.
  13. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Oh look, more crying that the game is dying.

Where have I seen this before.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Kyouki, Asadea, Mgp and 2 others like this.
  14. Askore

Askore Lahn EU

@CM Aethon @CM Kabz @CM Praballo @CM Richter @CM Serenity @CM Servantes @CM Yukimura
    @GM BBrilliant @GM Caramel @GM Cory @GM Deve @GM Dew @GM Dranzerkai @GM Dresden @GM Felaxus @GM Felaxus @GM FluffyPanda @GM Gemu

I'm genuinely curious
    Do you even care about your jobs?
    Do you realize the game you're supposed to support is dying? That your job is most likely on the line when your company's branch revenue drops 50-75% due to your inaction?

You managed to keep it alive for 2 months after destroying every single class gameplay simply because people had hope for a fix and had some kind of content or event (mostly afk).

That's a screenshot from Steam but keep in mind old school players made up for most of the pvp population so the drop must have been even bigger (most old school players I know quit, 3 streamers are left from the 15 I used to follow)

[​IMG]

Now what? Nobody cares anymore and everybody is leaving. The best and only long-term content bdo had was the pvp and its combat system and you aren't even trying to restore it.

You're pearl abyss's publisher and should have direct communication with them. Why aren't you telling them to correct their mistakes? Why can't they revert everything? Do you even talk to them?

Bdo could have easily maintained its playerbase for the ~2 years to come waiting for new MMOs but you couldn't even do what you had to do (minor pvp balance and any kind of new arena/bg just like mobile bdo got) and for some reason decided to kill the game yourself.

For a few weeks after rabams, prime time rbfs (7 to 11pm)were all filled up and there was usually 150 or so people doing pvp.
    I mainly didn't even play during these hours because there was too many people.

that's a screenshot before prime time with 125 people in rbf, a few weeks after rabams release
    [​IMG]

These days, there is barely 40 people at prime time, 4 times less than before the pvp changes.
    On top of that we're in holiday season (at least in europe) so there should be a boost of playerbase.

that's from today
    [​IMG]
    see how pathetic it's become?

@CM @PM @GM or whatever, kakao employees
    Your game is dying and there's a good chance your job is on the line.

You could do something useful for once and talk to your higher up, somehow contact pearl abyss and show them that their changes are hurting the game and their reputation in the west (and probably the rest of the world).
    It doesn't sound easy but it shouldn't be hard either and it's literally your ****ing job, give feedback and keep your playerbase happy.

If you can't do that then maybe you don't deserve your job, but by being bad at it you're hurting thousands of players, each one of them having put thousands of hours of their time and passion in the game.

@mods nice trying to censor this by merging it with 1 line clickbait thread, i'll post it again until i get an answer from kakao or get banned

Reuter, zynaps, MountAndDew and 17 others like this.
  15. Trembles

I don't think it's dying, i think it's already dead.

zynaps, Kusaragii, C4rdinal and 4 others like this.
  16. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Mystic 61 EU

With no reason for people to be afking anywhere but their usual spots it's impressive how dead the typical processing and fishing places are. Heidel river and storage was near empty other day, calph storage too, grana and old wisdom tree.. I think velia was the only semi populated one.
    The little guild I myself am in takes in a lot of new players and this game cannot keep a hold of any of them. All quit once they see the gap and how broken the game is pvp wise and economy wise thx to sea monster hunting. New players are not interested in playing Black Sail Online with a side of broken PvP.

zynaps, TrueKarma, Blitzball and 7 others like this.
  17. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Calm down chicken little, you can't use steam numbers to gauge playerbase numbers when school just started back lol lawl

If you look at the chart history, in December 2017 it shows 16k+ players......from then till January 2018 we shot up +10k....and have slowly come back down to where we were, 16k+

10,000 accounts generated in the course of 30 days? Sounds more like a spread of hacking, account spamming, and bot accounts.....only to be slowly weeded out.

We are at our same number we were at 9 months ago.

#37 Andaro, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  18. Askore

Askore Lahn EU

we're still in the middle of holidays in europe and there wasnt a spike at the start of NA holidays, why would there be a playerbase loss at the end? doesn't make any sense
    that's from the steam sale when they sold bdo almost for free
    you can get a playerbase boost from a sale but it won't last long if the game isn't good
    at this point you won't get a large number of people buying bdo anymore because most mmo fans already did and quit
    are we? no idea what you're talking about, the numbers have never been so low

19. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

since you're going by steam numbers, if you look at current chart, its 16k.....9 months ago.it was,...... 16k

20. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

lmao how delusional can people get?

I only see people quitting, i don't see new faces. It's so incredibly hard to play bdo cause of the ridiculous gear gap and imbalance and new players don't stand a chance, hell even veterans don't stand a chance without good rng or now exploiting sea monsters before something happens to it cause there won't be bans or anything for people doing sailing cause it isn't their fault that it's so broken.

i've witnessed 390285025825902 veterans/old people quit the game but i haven't seen a single guy that makes an impression on me (talking about end game pvp) that's a new player that started later and didn't give up halfway thru the ridiculous gearing process cus atm its buy an account or don't play the game cus of how imbalanced the gear is

i did meet a bunch of new players while leveling my kuno alt and some guy who clearly had no clue who i am cause he was complaining about me playing a kuno (when i was low lvl with no clue what im doing) cus he clearly didn't realize if i came on my main it would be 10 times more onesided and i did end up coming with my main cus he called friends but i never saw this guy do rbf, ever, cause he prolly didnt have 555+ gs and that's what u need for rbf sort of and even then ur on the lower end and some time after i think he blew all his gear up and quit

people that actually play bdo's end game are so few, so many guilds disbanded and there's no sieges any more .. are you serious with "same number" bs lol. some fisherman that never interacts with other people and quits in a few weeks/months hardly even matters.. (which is what happened to some rl friends that started)

#40 irrelevant, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018