1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bdo is dying, is kakao going to do something about it?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dastian, Aug 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Obbe

This time it's really dying and you can try and calm yourself down all you want but even those in denial will notice this.

Enjoy your game, i quit 2 days ago. I'm not going to be a part of their cashout.

2. Josh28

[​IMG]
    Wonder how many will even return for the remastered...

3. AlwaysSaltyAF

College semesters starting up and WoW expansion just came out. What you kids expecting?

Now stop being sallies and go hunt some sea monsters like all the professional gamers do.

Draconnix likes this.
  4. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

the publisher actually will forecast the "dying" of a game, long before the players will ever get wind of the actual "closure".

When this happens, the cash shop doors will open packed full of awesome goodies of every imaginable wonder, with sales and promotions ringing from every corner, unlike anything you have ever seen or could imagine.

As someone whom has personally assisted a producer cash out on a long long standing title with much much less population than this, I can attest that we are no where near such "falling skies"

You can quit now,....I don't encourage people to continue to play something they aren't happy with, but should you decide to pop in and say hello ten years from now, well, ill be sure to say hello and o/

5. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Eh not really.

Feb averaged 16k players for the month. Not sure how that in your mind converts to staying at a steady 16k. Most online today so far just over 10k......

Month Avg.
    Last 30 Days 11,587.6
    July 2018 14,164.4
    June 2018 14,892.7
    May 2018 13,966.3
    April 2018 14,362.1
    March 2018 14,971.9

6. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

This actually makes me sad, bdo is a good game with the best mmo combat and graphics out there, it’s sad to see it being neglected like this

7. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I have to apologize for that, going by this site I was quoting the "last 30 days" section

It does currently us down around 9k for steam players

8. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

They are a publisher.... they will just manage a different game... If BDO dies in NA/EU they will just move departments lol.

9. Askore

Askore Lahn EU

what ? pretty sure they don't have any other game to manage atm
    the only game I know kakao will be publishing is that weird bluehole mmo that looks like modern bless online, no way it's going to be as popular as bdo was so they'll have a smaller team for sure

10. cofused

node wars are dead also,there is just 2-3 guilds on node, most time 2 are snipes, compare to year ago where we had 10 12 guilds on node

11. iller

[​IMG]

12. Fooba

As a veteran player my self this game is dead. I recently had enough and I’m done with the game.

The lack of communication, the lack of updates we get (the fact we just got the afk xp and skill xp) blows my mind. Also them implementing mem frags with art sales is the nail in the coffin. Drigen not for maybe another 2-3 months. Devs are good at giving us just enough to keep waiting.

There is no point to grind I’m 61 with 267 awake ap. No new skills nothing to work towards. Now sea monster hunting makes any upgrade rediculosly over priced.

Game is in a very bad state. I don’t want to quit because of the 1,000s of dollars I put in but if it’s not fun don’t play.

ViktoryiaV, Never, Kenwulf and 2 others like this.
  13. C4rdinal

Sad but true story , i left game a month ago. They cant fix it anymore. Silver inflation is just top another issue they will have to deal with. Game was fine but now its not even average. Game is not only dying , its starving to death

ODB3698 and Obbe like this.
  14. Reave711

I quit, I pop by on patch days to see if they reverted the changes...

For me the combat system was the only redeeming part of this game and they butchered it...I dealt with the shitty rng based progression system and spent thousands of hours grinding because of the combat system...I honestly can’t believe they did what they did

15. Atron

I was defending the game 24/7 ... but at the moment i am so freaking pissed at everything Kakao does ....

Sea monster hunting can be so easily fixed but they refuse to do anything, LIKE remove ramm-ing dmg from killing monster and nerf drop rate of 100 mil items.

They could come up with fishing event -> double relic drops and gathering event -> double shards drop to band-aid the market a bit but ohh nooo they give P2W artisan bundles 20 memes instead.

They could at least ban some hackers since there are public source code for 4 different grind bots as we speak + one pro semi private hack that allows hackers bringing in billions of silver via alt accounts in sea monster hunting guilds AFK.

They could increase rare item drops across the world of BDO since even basi belts and crap items like witch earrings going out on preorders.

I mean there are so simple solutions but they refuse to do anything.

Not to mention WOW expansion just landed and all they are feeding us trough summer is empty patch notes, some QoL changes and zero contet for 8 Months!!

Now who would play game like that? (me obviously but i am an addict)

Never and ODB3698 like this.
  16. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

17. ambyentlight

What you talking about? when population goes below a certain number they will simply pack it up and move onto other profitable venture whilst keeping everything we spent as theres nothing in the TOS that states they will keep the game open to a particular date.

18. Askore

Askore Lahn EU

yeah, and the current employees will be laid off.

can you imagine how much of a loser you have to be, waiting for it to happen instead of trying to resolve the issue and at the same time saving thousands of players

19. HairaQ

they sadly want it to be dead. Who knows maybe players who paid most should make
    collective lawsuit. They must feel robbed. this is europe not asia lol... i will be not surprised if it ends like this.
    it is all sad.

20. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

Let's say I had 100 friends.

70 left for good (most of them were around since before I was or were there right from the start - ranging from fairly casual to hardcore siegers) 20 barely play anymore, are dissatisfied, are thinking about quitting, won't be around for much longer IF something doesn't change for the better.

10 play as often as before. 7 aren't happy but have nothing better to do. 3 always played the game differently so are a little distanced from the current issues with the game, but are still running out of steam.

I don't play quite as much as before, but still fairly often, because "I have nothing better to do" (technically I do but I'm a shy nerd with too much sentimental attachment so). But I'm also really bored, losing interest and hope, unhappy about certain things.

The common theme about all of this is we were or are bored or unhappy to some degree, losing interest in playing at all or for much longer.

I don't know why some people try to lie to themselves.

#60 ViktoryiaV, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018