1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO is like a ghost town......No seriously...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Raven Croft, Sep 7, 2020.

1. sajdas

To be fair, being afk and get silver for it is the least unfun activity to progress in bdo.

2. Aysnvaust

Wait - you wanted to logg in, but didn't because there is a koi fishing event going on? If you don't like afk fishing, why not simply do something else (most likely whatever you planned to do in the first place) ?
    Btw - you can go to Terrmian, do some (extremely boring and brainkilling) not-afk activity and end up with around 170 mill silver per hour. That's what I do.

3. Lurien

Lurien Battleborn Tamer 62 EU

During fishing you can cook dinner, clean up house, walk with dog, play other games etc. More money you gain active (grinding/life skill).

upload_2020-9-7_13-59-45.png

All ppl fishing koi or at season servers, rest offline - no content, Odlitta in 1 month.

4. LightningFFXIII-4

A thread like this pops up everytime Koi event happens. Some returning player comes back and finds Heidel empty lol.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  5. sajdas

I... Think you quoted the wrong person

6. Icywave

but every server used to be crowded at the beginning and even a year into the game. now only 4-5 from a season event, then they'll go on a hiatus again or afk milk rewards (only reason this game actually even has a player base is afk progression, it's genius, but deceiving).

it's not a dead game - no game is truly "dead" unless they physically shut the **** down and even then private servers exist but it's clearly dying and lost a lot of it's shinyness ... but there's nothing really wrong with that, this is expected with all mmos and most games with a somewhat low replay value especially ones like this where you basically have 3-4 options end game.

1. grind mobs in the same rotation over and over again
    2. gather plants/meat in the same rotation over and over (or hunt wolves, again, in the same rotation over and over) again
    3. barter in the same rotations over and over again
    4. do quests with each character, the same quests, over and over again

there's only so many unemployed OCD adderall poppers living with their parents to cater to, people naturally eventually get tired of doing the same **** over and over - the ratio of achievement attainers vs people who wants new content in mmos always is lopsided so more people generally quit rather than come to the game and without season the new player retention especially in this game is rather bad.

it's the essence of mmos and why the model is "milk it while you can in the beginning, taper off development later" with a sprinkle of hype introducing a new class every now and then. they naturally die off slowly.

but yea to the op, it's a fishing event and season everybody is on season servers milking rewards to keep people's vest interests into the game in hopes they'll stay afterwards.

Reyer and MoonDance17 like this.
  7. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Yeah, koi fishing is the most retarded thing in the world. Instead of you know making an activity that requires you to participate in the game environment, they make an activity that requires you to just be there and do nothing, no participation required.

And oh boy, you made me so much more excited to log in knowing there's more boring brain killing content to participate in, lol! I swear, they wouldn't know fun if it came and sat down on their laps.

Black Desert Online is a ****ing job.

I do not undisagree with your reply the most.

sajdas and zhagsten like this.
  8. Allan1985

and i am loving it, finally we have all the idiots gathered in 1 place and the rest of us can grind in peace <3

Metastergo, Life2v and Khondo like this.
  9. Eques3n

Eques3n Guardian 63 NA

Notice which season server isn't crowded? Go figure.

10. Deyric

more likely the OP is exaggerating.

LinaCrysta likes this.
  11. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

The path of least resistance. Go figure.

12. Allan1985

the path of efficiency that even nature follows. Go figure.

#32 Allan1985, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  13. easay9

I mean I think everyone is bored AF grinding on thier main and season gives everyone something to do for a bit so of course everyone will go play it. I mean even without the season server this game end game wise is dying I see less and less people in the streets of heidel and velia on the actual channels even before season started and Im on NA.

Raven Croft likes this.
  14. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

You mean the path of not getting slammed by quite a few guys on META 1v1 classes with full PEN Tuvala day two or day three in Arsha Taking no damage like GODs but'll still 3 skill to one combo you all day. Who could ever figure this bit of content wouldn't be anywhere visited as much as PvE only seasonal channels.

The path of least resistance is on the Arsha Seasonal getting 50% more drops.

Here's a thought! Maybe if the game's PvP progression wasn't so riddled with a Cash Shop focus and more class balance between each other. Like some of the other MMOs I currently PvP in. Arsha PvP channels in BDO would be crowded too because it's fun. Instead of just be a boring crap show.

It's the main reason why they started doing Seasonals. To try to get more players playing the game. One of the reasons they more than likely on have 5 Seasonal channels is to give the illusion that the game is thriving.

Metastergo and Eques3n like this.
  15. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

That's what the path of least resistance means.

16. Vortexii

Your terminology is a little off. Plenty of games are "dead". You are trying to use the term dead to have the same meaning as shut down. They are 2 different terms and have their own specific meanings.

Archeage, Bless Online, Diablo 3 are DEAD games.

A game like RuneScape would not be classified as dead despite it surviving so many years.

17. Graugus

Seasonal channels are populated and popping. For the first time I am having a blast on seasonal PvP channel fighting other people in groups with equal gear.

The normal channels are pretty empty on NA as well because of lifeskiling and fishing event, but seasonal is alive and well.

crawlord likes this.
  18. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

"here goes to the game servers are full "

stacking active players on seasonal servers or in certain fishing areas does not speak well to the largesse of the gamerbase .

[​IMG]

Fearless V likes this.
  19. Rubyvulpa

EU ~ that's where the people at
    upload_2020-9-8_20-59-34.png

and fishing ofcourse
    upload_2020-9-8_21-0-13.png

As everyone said in this thread, people just grinding season as it is the first week
    or fishing at terrmian. Schools are starting again, it can be a bit quieter but BDO did not just die overnight no :'D

20. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

What I think is interesting, is while we see crowded on these channels, they never say "overrun" anymore like they did in the early launch days.