1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO is objectively P2W

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by aswedishtiger, Mar 14, 2018.

1. jose0320

i think that we just were scammed...

kakao got game buyed from all players saying no p2w elements and then went full pay to win,
    Kakao you really have some effcient ways of making money,
    they were able to milk us more than the koreans themselves.

2. gervleth

So what if it's pay to win. It's a company and they need to make money to stay alive. Stop crying like bloody 10 year olds and quit already. Life is pay 2 win. Work hard and you will advance. I have a wonderful job because I worked my ass off in school. Most of the crying people here, did not.

3. gervleth

And ???? A lot of people are locked out from expensive restaurants and destination vacations. It's life. Stop crying and adapt or quit.

4. aidlac

aidlac Nomad Wizard 59 EU

To quote you
    see that "or near impossible for people in game." part? That's the part I was referring to. Getting what? about 1200-1300 pen in 2 years is "near impossible" in a game where over 1 million copies were sold in year 1 alone. It's 0.0012-0.0013% (heck, even if half the players didn't try to get PEN it'd still be 0.0024-0.0026%).

Not sure how much lower odds/% you need before you personally count it as "near impossible" but below 0.01% feels like it to me at least, much more so when it's barely 1/10 of that low %. Not to add in all the players who bought the game year 2 (add in ppl leaving or being banned etc. and it might even out).

5. Dalenos

Most are really just paying to fail enhancements from what i saw in the game lul.

6. 86ONE

Because you cant buy pearl items from the MP. :^)

jose0320 likes this.
  7. 86ONE

BDO has always been P2W because whales have always been able to sell 5 outfits per week. They just make more gains per outfit now.

Draconnix likes this.
  8. Tvvin

They've made enough money to last year's before this patch. However what you don't know is companies like pa actually pocket allot of the money and don't put most of it into their game. Example : PA's brother. EA.

9. Kenwulf

Nope, this is a game. It's main selling point is not being life. If it was, there would be no reason to play it.

10. Masterio

There is no better game now, so I'll play BDO but no more pearls from me :)

11. Miodoo

nice ! Player 1 pay a lot of money and fail every enchant, player 2 pay 0 money and he is lucky and he is getting better gear guess who win

12. Maginha

Ye and the company behind is also out of a game, pizza connection or smthing and is totally not a for profit irl company... ty for making me giggle once again

13. NeroKae

well you need to add more to the equotation

player 1 plays 2h / day
    player 2 plays 24/7

who would win the fight?

14. Kenwulf

What? What you just said, makes very little sense and doesn't follow my statement logically at all .. But I'm glad you found joy in it.

Maginha likes this.
  15. Nubek

You have less money than they do, but you keep telling that they need money to keep themselves alive.
    You are the reason why this game now is a trashcan, carry on spending moms money on this game you freaking idiot.

Life2v likes this.
  16. gervleth

The game is wonderful. I don't live with my mother. Just my wife :)

17. nolasigns

The odds will always have deviation laws applied. More people settled on TET than applied for those odds. I myself, once full TET, really stopped caring about trying to full PEN. As did a lot of players.

18. aidlac

aidlac Nomad Wizard 59 EU

Even if only 5% of the playerbase tried, it'd still be a % chance of about 0.024-0.026%. Also, this isn't full PEN, this is ANY PEN, meaning the % of total PEN's, not full PEN's. If you want full PEN it'd diminish the chance and % of success way more, meaning even you (I think) would agree it'd be so low that it'd be considered "near impossible".

19. aswedishtiger

My thread aged so nice I might rename it to "fine wine"

Only gets better with time lmfao

20. Oren steel

it funny, most of the people crying here the most about p2w are the people who are using hacks and 3rd party softwares to get advantage over others, but now that there is a p2w ingame they cry cos most people can catch up now.

I only cry for those legit casual players who have a job and can't afford to master card their way to pen cos they have responsibilities and irl bills and family to feed. but want to keep playing the game. if they could limit the number of costumes you can buy for a week that will be awesome.