1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO is PvP game

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, Jul 20, 2019.

Tags:
?

How do you classify BDO

1. PVP game

24 vote(s)
    12.6%
  2. PVE game

49 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. MMORPG

56 vote(s)
    29.3%
  4. PVX game

62 vote(s)
    32.5%
  1. Factorial

I hear this phrase plenty of times on this forum and I want to test the validity of it. Is it correct? What makes BDO a PVP game? Is it because there is PvP in BDO? Is that enough to make BDO a PVP game?

BDO has fishing. Does that make it a fishing game?

BDO has hunting. Does that make it a hunting game?

BDO has horse racing. Does that make it a racing game?

BDO has sailing. Does that make it a sailing game?

BDO has x-thing Does that make it an x-thing game?

Some say BDO is a PVE game. However, It doesn't cover the broad range that BDO happens to have under its belt. There is obviously a player versus player element involved.

Some people simply agree that BDO is an MMORPG. As such, it has many aspects. People say that BDO is also a sandbox: you can choose how you want to progress.

As a result, BDO is best classified as a sandbox MMORPG but is that correct? When you choose that parameter to describe BDO, you cover all the features within the game. There are a pelothra of features. So sandbox MMORPG seems the correct category.

So why do people say BDO is a PVP game?

Wodahs, t4mpel and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  2. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

BDO imo is an MMORPG with PVP being one of, if not the most focused part of the game.

3. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

its a pve paradise game
    devs incompetence towards balance and bad servers killed pvp aspect of game long time ago

MountAndDew and Jessy Jess like this.
  4. easay9

I wish it was the main part of the game but the balance is aweful and the dsync and lag is still horrible in combat honestly i still think the servers are bad they may be a step up from what we started with but they are still not good enough and do not keep up with the fast movements and animations of the game.

DarkGG likes this.
  5. Schaapjeblaat

They call it a pvp game because you could pvp anyone in most spots, you could make it a pvp game for yourself by doing just that.
    The bulk of the population probably only encounters PVP occasionaly (voluntary or not).

6. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

its a pve until someone comes to your spot, actually, its a grinding simulator until someone comes to your spot then its still a grinding simulator just instead of monsters you grind players

7. ghoulz666

It's neither. It's a game that can't make up it's mind because it fails at both.

Yulanda, MountAndDew, Aelisah and 4 others like this.
  8. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

Uhm... Isn’t Bdo a PVX game?

@Factorial Why isn’t it in the possible answers? :3

IWalkAlone likes this.
  9. Factorial

I didn't think about PVX.

In a way, I PVX would be covered under MMORPG since it contains both pvp and pve.

10. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

Ehhh... Mmorpg does sound inaccurate in my opinion though. Maybe I’m too old school, but I’m struggling to see how bdo is a real role playing game (Im not saying it isn’t though ...and this is clearly another debate).
    But I find it unrelated to pve and pvp since both can either be a pvp mmorpg or a pve mmorpg...

#10 o0ABC0o, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    IWalkAlone likes this.
  11. Factorial

Well, at that point, it's just what you prefer to call it. So far, several people seem to have different names for it:

It's not an MMORPG.

It's a grinder.

Etc.

I might not be able to satisfy all the different classifications to meet everyone's demand. So I just have to simplify it.

Sorry, I couldn't add your description of BDO here.

12. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

It really just is an RNG simulator ! Haha :p

Pff, it’s fine but I think bdo perfectly fits the description of a PVX game, so this is my answer~

Yumine likes this.
  13. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 61 NA

BDO can't be classified as a pvp game, due simply because of horrible balance and optimization. If BDO was a pvp game, you wouldn't have the ability to have an advantage for uncapping fps. There wouldnt be a massive difference in gear. The servers/optimization wouldnt be so bad. These are issues that would have to be fixed to even start thinking of bdo as a primary pvp game. I mean come on how can it be fair if you get a DPS boost just because you can run 150+ fps. How can it be fair if you have classes that can out DPS others with a fraction of the gear and vice versa.

At the same time the issue with BDO pve is simply the fact that group content is punished, by less silver per hr and xp. If it was a pve game every territory would have group grinding so at all levels of the game you would have group content that offers the same silver and xp as if you were grinding solo.

BDO is more of a life simulator. With all of its afk/lifeskilling activities that offer almost as much or even more silver than grinding. So BDO needs to take a step back and really think about what they want to main, and buff those activities to make it the main focus of the game. If it wants to be PVE, need to buff all grinding at all levels and gear and massively boost group content that is worth while. If it wants to focus on PVP then it needs to balance all classes at all gear stages. As a true pvp game would focus on skill to make up the gap of gear, however thats not possible. Don't believe me have the best ninja in the game give them 500gs and have them fight a 600gs player the ninja will never win.

easay9 and Factorial like this.
  14. Factorial

Looks like I could edit the poll itself so I added PVX just because you are awesome.

15. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Where are all the people that think this game is a pvp game? I have seen posts where it has been claimed that most people play this game for the pvp but the response is indicating the opposite.

Factorial likes this.
  16. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

Thank you my lord~

17. DarkGG

Yes this is correct the ppl that back it as a pvp game are usually the small group that want to try and justify being toxic.

Leverage, easay9 and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  18. Factorial

Wait.

I am Batman.

easay9 likes this.
  19. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I thought BDO was a drink shaker....
    wait...where'd I put my margarita glass

Purr and Factorial like this.
  20. DarkGG