1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response BDO is too secretive about damage/resistance calculation

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Guybrush_Threepwood, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Guybrush_Threepwood

In most games, people will try to find how damage calculation works and come up with a formula, so the effective HP can be known and compare build with every gear upgrade and calculate the cost, but in BDO there is no floating number when we hit or get hit that shows how much damage is dealt/received, so there is no data to be gathered for doing calculations.

In the end it's like buying a cat in a bag. I was using heve set (helm/gloves/shoes) with 221 DP and 2800 HP, then i "upgrade" to boss gears DUO giath/muskan/bheg. 238 DP and 2600 HP (costed me around $80 for the Artisans). But it's not that much difference, and seems like I bought more accuracy and a few evasion for $80. The damage reduction isn't that much different between heve and boss gear.

There's also hidden stats in gears, seems like the devs are really trying to hide the damage formula.

Defaultx7y24 likes this.
  2. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Man without Bloo we would not even see stats of gear. God bless his poor soul that got banned.
    Also all those stats can be displayed, gms see them. Only us players don't have access to them.

MMoNoob, JM, MoonDance17 and 2 others like this.
  3. Guybrush_Threepwood

Who is Bloo ?

Without those stats and damage data, it's kinda hard to know how much our gears have improved after enhancements, I think my character even got weaker I hardly ever die at boss even with my heve gears before but since I changed to boss gears and lose around 200 HP I died like three times already.

They already revealed the percentage chance when enhancing, I hope they will reveal more regarding gears and damage. Without that it's really hard to compare gear effectiveness.

Defaultx7y24 likes this.
  4. MoonDance17

That is their sole aim to keep you spending money on costumes and artisans memory for boss gear upgrades because they are perceived to be best in slot. The minute differences if shown may lead to less people bothering with boss gear which obviously does not sit well with their desire to sell artisans and costumes for melting.

MMoNoob and Guybrush_Threepwood like this.
  5. Guybrush_Threepwood

They shouldnt do that and put everything on the table. For us it's like buying a cat in a bag , or buying a PC without knowing the specs, who would want that =.=

==============

For you guys who already play quite long and tested various gears, do you really know or feel it rightaway whenever you successfully enhanced or upgrade to 'supposedly better' gears ? Because I really can't tell from heve set (pri helm, duo gloves/shoes) to boss gears (duo helm/gloves/shoes), I even feel weaker. :(

6. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

A hero, like Prometheus he did read hidden stats from files back in days and instead of keeping them for himself he shared them with community, saving us from wasting resources. This is what we saw in past:
    Old.jpg
    0 stats no idea about evasion, accuary, dmg reduction bonus dmg vs monsters etc. People did spend time arguing what is better liverto or kzarka ? Green acc or blue/gold ones (back in days people did theorize green accessories had -acc, now we know it's blue/gold that get it). Not to mention ****ing hidden stats that did make some characters have more hp than others ( I did meet tamer who had more hp than my berserk).

Guybrush_Threepwood likes this.
  7. MoonDance17

No sane person likes any of the secretiveness and rng in this game and yet we all keep playing and buying thereby validating the dreadful system.

MMoNoob and Guybrush_Threepwood like this.
  8. Guybrush_Threepwood

That is so bad lol, I'm glad I didn't start playing at that time.

Red Nose armor was BLUE :D, somehow it's probably seen as to have more value by being gold now, lol

9. Slabby

It's really not that difficult. You just stop playing. If they ever change, come back. If not, oh well.

10. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

I'll tell you a secret: be social and get a friend. Then get in arena and have them hit you once. Record HP loss. Change gear and repeat.

Mind = blown.

11. LightningFFXIII-4

If your Gearscore is not 560 and your AP is not at least 260, it does not matter what gear you have in PVP lol.

Gearscore = Mainhand AP + Awakened AP / 2 + DP.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  12. GM Ydril

Game Master

Hello again @Guybrush_Threepwood!

We understand how damage calculation may be confusing and not easily understood. We also understand your thirst for power and knowledge and we do our best to communicate the feedback we receive, to the developers.

A step towards more transparency in the game mechanics was revealing the enhancement success rates! Please keep providing us with your suggestions here!

For now, I can tell you that player led investigations have already begun and perhaps even been completed by the communities that surround our game and you may be able to find some very helpful and interesting guides online that you can follow to stay up to date!

Feel free to venture to this forum section regarding Gameplay & Mechanics and discuss with fellow adventurers the intricacies of the game!

13. MMoNoob

what happened that that guy got banned? is it perm?

14. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Perma ban, best part they changed rules and banned him for breaking new ones xD