1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO - Kamasylvia - Freshwater Fishing Guide

Discussion in 'Life Skills' started by Moonraker, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Moonraker

It depends on a few things really. Grana is perhaps better but you will need more inventory space. Grana is also a long distance from things unless you are questing/ based down there.

Ross Sea/ Margoria will have a slightly better relic drop rate average still, twice as fast fishing and Margoria still king for distance bonus to Valencia with desert buff etc. But requires large inventory.

All this is for passive fishing. Velia gives a high % of both yellow and blue species while Grana has a large % of white and green species. They blue blue species are less than other Kama waters.

The best freshwater passive fishing would remain Kama1 tables (B,C&D) as mentioned, they have a slightly higher relic drop rate from testing so far because relics make up such a high % of silver income from fishing, especially now.

There are a lot of factors but the main thing for passive fishing is ensuring empty slots until the end of the session to accommodate any relic drop chances. That comes down to inventory space (high trash/ white with auto-fishing helps retain slots), rod durability (does it last to fill the inventory, fishing speed (Exhausted is slow but doesn't matter if inventory is filled by the end of the session), convenience is really important to most players also. Why Heidel remains a popular choice and high trash/ white good for smaller inventory.

TarkusBlack and Desado like this.
  2. Pose

@Moonraker what are your thoughts for best profit on comparing these two afk fish spots?

Afk fishing at Grana (exhausted) for 15 hours to turn in to Arehaza (dont have m2 bonus yet) with nodes connected.

VS

Afk fishing at B/C Kama 1 like Tooth Fairy Forest (abundant and far away from Arehaza) (since you said higher relic drops) for 15 hours with turn ins to Arehaza with nodes connected?

Which would give more net profit assuming I'm selling all relics in market based on your experience?

Im at fishing 5, luck 5, master 3 fishing level, apprentice 10 trading level, and penguin pet.

Got 192 inventory space.

Also, thanks for this great contribution! You're a godsend.

Moonraker likes this.
  3. Moonraker

Thanks for the kind words.

In your situation, without T2 for desert buff, the trip to Valencia I don't think is worth it, even if it gives you higher distance bonus for fish.

Without T2 trading and making the trip with buff, selling to any Imperial Trader makes more sense to me. Example:

Swiri base price is 31,200. With 128% distance bonus Grana > Arehaza even with a perfect condition and max. demand bonus is 121,145.

To Imp Trader next to you in Grana it's 78,000 with no reduction for condition which would be an issue with long session fishing. And unlikely you get that price in Arehaza for 130% demand bonus.

Factor in RNG of condition, demand bonus and time investment to get there, plus the fact your main income is from relics, it is not so compelling.

Especially as you will need a shed load of cp to link to Valencia. 61 CP to link TFC > Arehaza Town!

With T2 buff it gets more interesting but still not for everyone.

Of the two selling locally, Exhausted isn't a concern for you for such a long passive fishing session. As I mentioned, relics will remain the main % of income and that will come from all waters but more on average over time in Kama1 waters, away from Grana (and Lake Flonder).

Hopefully there is enough info in the guide to let fishers work out the pros and cons and what suits them best. These are just my thoughts on it.

GL with it.

Desado and Pose like this.
  4. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

Amazing work as always, thanks!

Moonraker likes this.
  5. Whitrix

Ambassador

Thanks for the guide!

Moonraker likes this.
  6. Moonraker

Glad you find it useful. GL fishing in Kama!

7. Wodur

Moonraker, you are the Master Kingfisher of BDO. The work you have put in for the community is insane.

I tip my hat to you, sir. :)

Moonraker likes this.
  8. Shoon

Im actually using long afk fishing sessions in grana to raise my trade skill - im getting like 40 percent trade level per full inventory at profesional 5 selling in velia, thats pretty decent.

That way will hit master 2 in 10 days or so.

The money isnt too bad either about 1m an hour.

9. Moonraker

Thanks for the kind words @Wodur . Support like your always encourages me when I'm fishing up Torn Nets ;)

Wodur likes this.
  10. Moonraker

Trading fish at distance is a nice little bonus. Lot slower than other methods but it's a byproduct of fishing and silver income so handy. Definitely worth the time investment for it if the fisher has enough catch and of decent quality.

The higher the quality, the better the EXP which also reflects in trade EXP from fishing I think also.

It depends on your set up really i.e. inventory size, rods used. Larger inventory you would gain more of everything from fishing Ross Sea or better still, for income and definitely Trading EXP deeper ocean Margoria with M2 trading to Valencia for the maximum distance bonus which also increases Trading EXP too. Just ensure you have the fished node > trader connected.

As Grana gets Exhausted a lot now, if you have the inventory or for perhaps better distance bonus, consider other Kama waters which will be faster fishing and Abundant if you move away from around Grana.

11. Hishi

How is the drop rate of relics when using Mediah Fishing Rod & Maple Float? Does it change? Im usually fishing in kama over night for relics and I'm using a branded 10 balenos rod. I'm not sure if Mediah Fishing rod & maple float will be better for that? The Dura of this rod is also quite low :/. What qould you reccommend for longer time afk fishing for relics in Kamasylvia?

12. Moonraker

Fishing rod used wont effect relic drop rate, only location and also speed of passive fishing i.e. with no reduction from Balenos. It will increase the yellow % of the catch versus slower fishing so it is a balance.

Hishi likes this.
  13. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Where you describe associated nodes am I to assume they have the same fish table and drop chances or is it only the bolded area?

14. Spartakatz

same fish tables.

WastedJoker and Moonraker like this.
  15. Moonraker

As @Spartakatz says, the bold one is just to highlight then node most often used for that particular table. After Kamasylvia Part 1 , Part 2 added the same tables over quite a few different locations so it retained the original node mostly and identified the others.

It is all on the map also.

WastedJoker likes this.
  16. Spartakatz

So, anyone managed to fish a bottle with a message in kamasylve yet?

The only one I ever got in the game so far was at the Terrmian park event.

17. Moonraker

Yes, a few there now. I also caught some in the Trent pool before they removed the Kamasylvia species earlier in the year.

Shady Tree Forest in Okiara River as an example:

[​IMG]

I note where they should be caught which is basically all the Kama1 fish tables and at a higher drop rate than any other locations including at sea or harpooning.

It doesn't look like they drop from the Kama2 tables at Grana city and Lake Flonder.

18. claesr

#58 claesr, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  19. Happy_Mesmerise~

thx a lot for this great fishing informations and map :)
    love it!

Is there any fish table with higher pedal drop rate so far? :o
    And when they implement "Granges D'Or"? Saw it first time now after month of fishing Grana.

Good fishing guys~ :D

Moonraker likes this.
  20. Moonraker

Can't be sure but Petal drop rate is probably about the same across fish tables. The rate is so low it's hard to really see a difference yet.

The Granges D'or fish species was added with Kamasylvia Part 2 when Grana city became available and is the only place it can be caught. So, for a few months now.

It is a lower than normal drop rate for low drop rate, high value fish species and can take a lot of fishing to get one. For the knowledge it can take a long time fishing in Grana with the RNG of GD knowledge chance to gain it at around 10% according to BDO Codex, though players have got it in the first few also.

Desado likes this.