1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO - Kamasylvia - Freshwater Fishing Guide

Discussion in 'Life Skills' started by Moonraker, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Moonraker

Possibly the drop rates are not the same currently as I also read reports TFC is right down on yellow species %, so maybe Atanis Pond is not reflective etc.

Early days so hopefully we will get a better feel over the coming days.

All experiences and sample catches are appreciated.

The bigger impact maybe e nerfed relic rate to income for Kama (outside Grana which was already nerfed badly).

2. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

2h at TFC (1h40m AFK, 20m active, Guru 8, +10 Balenos/Mediah/Maple):

9x gold, 9x blue, 37x green, 6x keys, 7x relics

Doesn't seem too bad considering golds are worth around 2.5x what they were before, and the relic rate seems pretty solid. Also I'm getting blues there that I never got before (Arowana, Yellow-head Catfish) so the table has definitely changed too.

We'll see what it's like overnight tonight, been fishing there every night since Kama 2 was released so I've got a good feel for the place by now!

Moonraker likes this.
  3. Mana_Mafia

Is TFC the best spot in Kam now? Safe zone?

4. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

Always has been IMO. I fish for relics so Grána was not for me. It's a safe zone yes!

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  5. Moonraker

I updated the game and testing Atanis Pond with base gear (no enhanced items) to build some data so hopefully we should get a better picture.

One thing is clear to me, they have not updated the original blue species for price or tooltips, which all still show as Rare when they should be Big now. I assume they will update these for price bump in line with saltwater blues and other fish species in the last patch. And correct the tooltips.

upload_2018-10-11_0-14-7.png

#85 Moonraker, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  6. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

Overnight at TFC (Guru 8, +10 Balenos/Maple, t4 penguin)

upload_2018-10-11_9-48-10.png
    upload_2018-10-11_9-48-41.png
    upload_2018-10-11_9-49-9.png

Sold all the blues/yellows in Grana for 6.8m which is around the same as what I usually get
    (I dry all the greens for cooking)

Might try my Mediah rod tonight, see if that makes a difference.

Seems ok to me, can't wait for the mastery gear.

Moonraker and Suawoy like this.
  7. Suawoy

TFC, Fishing Guru 6, Trading Mater 11, +10 Balenos/Maple, t4 penguin, 158 slots empty to fill

Overnight full AFK (aprox 10h)

I had similar results as @TarkusBlack with 3.2mil from Imperial (16 seals) and additional 2.1mil from trader. 15 relics is also usual.

So far not much of change in terms of income. Being positive that wasn't nerf.

PS. On side note. Table of fish has increased in numbers after patch.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  8. Dringe

A lot of yellow grade fish have Big Fish label too, might just be a translation issue.

9. Dringe

@Moonraker
    Any plans to revise the Ocean Fishing Guide, and maybe repost it on these forums?
    I've went to fish at Juur sea overnight, was hoping to get some Skate fish, came back to this:

[​IMG]

Also I liked the Margoria map you had there, but it seems that the image link expired.

10. Moonraker

Yes, in the saltwater species particularly the newer Margoria yellow species but also others are still shown as Big when they should be rare. I assume they missed them and need updating. Hopefully the actual species data file has them tagged as rare or the rods wont be working correctly. No real easy way to know. But it need fixing regardless.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  11. Moonraker

I haven't played the game for months now. I am however playing currently to test these unannounced fish table changes and will update the guides if it is not a load of work. We also have the mastery Prize fish to come too launched in KR yesterday which will need more work.

but for now, we have confirmed now, for Ross Sea at least and looks like for the whole of Margoria, that all Margoria yellow species can be caught in any Margoria sea region, not just to the specific Sea as before.

So you can catch Skate in Ross Sea now rather than have to trek to Juur etc. This is not yet confirmed for all these sea regions but seems the way they changed it for whatever reason.

Seems the other species remain the same, just the changes from white > green quality and reduction in overall yellow quality catch in line with increased base prices.

Best to put Margoria related stuff in that thread to keep them relevant.

No promises but I will try to do so.

I have already updated the expired Margoria Fishing Guide map link. Thanks for letting me know.

12. Moonraker

Thanks to @TarkusBlack and @Suawoy for the data, always helpful.

I started retesting the Kamasylvia fish tables starting with Atanis Pond. These tests use no enhance equipment and retain trash drops for a base sample catch, so normal catches will tend to have higher fish catches and if using Mediah/ Maple or Maple with Balenos for passive, a higher percentage of Rare quality.

Screenshot of Atanis Pond base sample catch:

upload_2018-10-11_22-54-22.png

Detailed data for reference including quality percent breakdown;

11 Oct 20178

Kamasylvia - Atanis Pond
    Affil. Node: Atanis Pond
    Origin: Atanis Pond
    Water: Atanis Pond
    Resources: Abundant
    Fishing Ability: Rank 5
    Equipped: Balenos Fishing Rod +10 Brand
    Auto-fishing: -50%
    XP Start: Guru08 01%
    XP Finish:Guru08 02.08%
    XP Buff: 59%
    XP % Gain: 1.08%
    Fish per XP%:
    Durability:
    Start: 100/100
    End: 35/100
    Dur. Used: 65
    Total catch: 278
    Dur. saved: 213
    Dur. % saved: 76.61
    Inventory used: 192/192

Catch:
    Golden Siniperca -
    Mandarin Fish 07
    Spotted Barbel 17
    Arowana 14
    Cherry Salmon 10
    Diamond Minnow 07
    Lenok 12
    Yellow-Headed Catfish 11
    Amur Minnow 36
    Bass 26
    Yellowfin Sculpin 36
    Ancient Relic Crystal Shard 15
    Silver Key 08
    Snapped Rope 31
    Tattered Boot 18
    Torn Net 30

Total = 278

Fish Quality % - Total: 278
    8.63 Yellow 24
    19.42 Blue 54
    35.25 Green 98
    5.40 Relic 15
    2.88 Key 08
    28.42 Trash 79
    Total = 100%

Note:
    Test on fishing changes from 10 Oct 2018 Patch notes. All fish tables changed.
    Added species:
    Arowana
    Cherry Salmon
    Lenok
    Yellow-Headed Catfish

All blue species previously caught elsewhere in Kamasylvia (and earlier regions).
    Missing from this catch that was present is Oily Shiner.

Total time: approx. 10 hours
    Bottle with a Note
    Giant Fish Bone
    Breezy Conch Seaweed 01

This is just initial notes but it appears that, like in Margoria, they have included all the possible Kamasylvia blue/ Big species in all Kamasylvia fish tables now. Yet to be confirmed from all tables

The noted changes from the latest patch notes reflect the other changes, namely reduced yellow/ Rare percentage of catch in line with their higher value and the white > green quality change.

Fishing XP gain also appears similar to before, so they may have adjusted it with the reduced yellow quality percentage, or the increased gain from the white > green species change made up for that (each quality level approximately doubles the Fishing XP gain per catch).

Relic rate appears similar which is highest in the game still, though always hard to be definite on relic drop rates due to rng, at least short term.

#92 Moonraker, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    TarkusBlack likes this.
  13. Rysingmoon

OK, after my first AFK session on a spot in fresh water near the Shady Tree Forest, here's a quick summary:

I get much more green fish than before. The inventory fills up much faster than before. 140 available slots are full after 8:30h (formerly, roughly 12:00h). My +10 Balenos Fishing Rod looses 45 out of 100 durability until the full inventory stopped further fishing.

So, in theory with 180 free slots I can fish for 13:50h at max, limited by a full inventory.

The amount of silver I got from 140 slots after trading to a normal trader was slight higher than bofore: about 2.7 Mil versus 2.4 Mil. But really, I don't care about the tiny differences in silver. What matters the most is the number of Relics. And here, it seems, it's significantly less than before - probably because fishing stopped prematurely due to a full inventory.

Since my sample rate is too small until today I am a bit reluctant to report more details, since these may be way off, especially the Relics rate.

But it looks like, in order to compensate the expected Relic losses, I would need to totally empty my inventory to get 192 free slots to be able to AFK for a longer duration (I am at work and travel from home to office for about 13..14h at work days).

Since this is my main char, completely emptying the inventory each time and fill it up again with the stuff you need after fishing, imposes a lot of inconveniences, at least. The +10 Balenos is not the limiting factor, it's the inventory, and probably gives an answer to the question why PA did do this.

14. Moonraker

Thanks for the feedback.

Personally I can think of no reason why the inventory will fill any faster now. The fishing speed appears the same, whicyh is similar across Kamasylvia, when Resource level is the same.

I fished Atanis Pond so possibly the same fish table, depends where you fished in STF and filled my max. 192 inventory in around 10 hours BUT I had Auto-Trash OFF in order to record the actual fish table breakdown. Normally it will be closer to say 12 hours with -50% reduction in auto-fishing time with Balenos +10 and Penguin T3.

I did not notice much difference in the time to fish.

I also did not notice much difference in relic drop rate which is generally higher and highest in game from data, though we did have the changes, it seems pretty similar in most places still. But then relics are always rng and hard to be sure from short - medium term.

Grana was set to about half the normal Kama rate and perhaps changed since the nerf/ removal of Golden Siniperca there, but too early. Still nthing special now.

TBH for longer sessions generally you need that max. inventory. Even Grana Exhausted was around 14-15 hours max to fill and it has no Trash content so maybe a bit longer elsewhere IF Exhausted which they rarely are.

I think you/ we need to fish quite a bit more to get more firm idea for things like relic drop rates. Just from mine and other reports, including here relics appear similar to before and little reason they would nerf them really.

I suggest to switch to a Mediah/Maple combo if inventory is filling too early. That will be slower as it doesn't have the Balenos -25% auto-fishing reduction but will boost by +5% at +10 enhancement the rare % of catch = higher value fish catch.

Suawoy likes this.
  15. Rysingmoon

Yeah, the changes require more investigation. I also need to fish elsewhere to get a better feeling about the differences in various spots, since "my" spot feels a little special. Need more data to say things, though. ;)

16. Rysingmoon

For example when the ratio junk and [fish, relics, event items, etc] has changed.

17. Wodur

With TFC you mean Tooth Fairy Cabin right?

18. Moonraker

I should be moving to STF later this evening. Did Grana and now checking blue only table of sea coast which seems green only now.

19. Moonraker

Yes.

Wodur likes this.
  20. Dringe

Fished in Okiara River just outside Grana last night, results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Profit 12m after selling the fish in valencia, sounds around as much as I was getting before patch.
    Relic count also seems to be the same as before.
    Will have to fish more some other time, have to fish in Ross sea a few times before I'll fish in Kama again.

Smileybones and TarkusBlack like this.