1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO, much needed game-play and system Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by UnicornMischief, Jul 5, 2019.

?

Do you believe these changes or similar changes would improve BDO?

1. Yes, these changes, some of these changes, or similar changes would impact BDO positively.

58.3%
  2. No, none of these changes would positively impact BDO.

41.7%
  1. UnicornMischief

Content

BDO, is filled with amazing content and background stories, but a lot falls to the ground as a lot is irrelevant or overplayed to the players and quests for the most part is very boring and repetitive. Weather a quest wants you to run across the massive world or kill 3000 of something for your guild, these are just something you do strictly for the reward rather than the experience. I'm not saying they need a complete overhaul on quests all together, but to add in or revamp existing quests to be exciting quest content. Hunting down single large enemies with parties or a instances to conquer with your friends containing challenging monsters that don't re-spawn. These quests become dailies to prevent it from feeling like a grind as people will only do the one with the best reward over and over if allowed to do so. This way these special hunts or instances promote players to travel the world to obtain rewards and silver for completing them in a way that is fun, difficult, and worthwhile. These instances and quests should vary in difficulty and are introduced while leveling up as well. For example, a quest that becomes available at level 20 is something fun for new players to experience and feels impactful upon completion, but can only be done a single time. At level 50 this instance reopens but the instance is completely different as the villain for this quest has returned more powerful than ever and refuses to be defeated again. This new instance will be longer and far more challenging and will have varying difficulty based on which instance it is and the difficulty the party agrees on if there is more then one player when the quest is accepted. For example, the first instance unlocked at level 20 and reopened at level 50 can have three difficulties; Easy recommended party size: 4 of 100AP and 150DP, medium 150AP and 200DP recommended, Hard at 200 AP and 250DP and a Hell mode for the strongest of players so that content remains relevant at all levels. Instances in harder areas may not have an easy option or even medium to make content more challenging. I think this will give players reason to log in and something to have fun with while collecting silver and combat exp rewards in a fun and exciting way different from plain grinding. I’m sure BDO has thought about instances before, but decided against it. I think this is overall a mistake as a large player base (not everyone) will find the game to have a lack of meaning and difficult to find reasons to play together. These rewards from these quests also should be obtainable in different ways so that players that don’t want to take part in instances don’t have to and can obtain each reward in other ways (no content should be available by only one type of play-style). These rewards would be a lot like the dark rift rewards for daily content. I believe this type of gameplay would greatly improve players drive to log in everyday and adventure the world together. Instances that feel like a small adventure with well thought out content and difficult enemies and challenges for players to face together as BDO can feel very lonely for players with weak gear or low levels. I also believe making Dark Rift a daily refresh and adding combat and skill exp rewards to the system would greatly improve the already implemented and fun experience it brings to the game.

Class Passives

Adding class passives to the game that are unique to each different class which will add to party composition diversity and will provoke players to party up more often. What I mean by this is each class should obtain a passive ability at level 50 that is always active when they are solo and is shared with party members when in a party. For example, a Dark Knight gains a passive that allows her to gain 3hp and 3mp on hit with all attacks and when she is in a party allies within a certain range will also have this passive ability active. Each class would have a different ability that players want in order to increase party versatility, maybe a warrior adds 300hp to each player in their party’s max health as well as a passive regen of 10hp. The Valkyrie increases party DP by 10 and has a 5% chance to block enemy attacks and the Shai can have cooldowns reduced by 1 second or 10%, reduce damage taken by 5, and increase drop rate by 10%. These features will entice members to play with more diverse parties and promote players to level up more than one character.

Paid Content

All paid content in the game that directly affects gameplay should be purchasable through silver. These items would be very expensive of course but are all optional. It should be about double the cost it is to buy from another player who purchased the content. Also, things that have a chance to succeed that costs money such as horse changes should be only purchasable through silver and the paid version should have a 100% chance. This would obviously raise the price of it from something like 11 horse skill change coupons for 25$ to 5 for $25. They may also just add the option of perfect horse skill change coupons 5 for $25 and increase the amount obtained from the chanced version as the current system is a bit flawed and feels like a scam. The content would still be somewhat pay to win as you can use real money to bypass silver walls, but ultimately the game needs ways to gain revenue from its fans and players. Last item on paid content, shared outfits and pearl shop items. I think making the pearl shop inventory for each character into a shared inventory for a family would be a great improvement to the paid systems. Outfits that are shared by different classes can be warn by multiple characters at the same time as well as a single horse flute for an entire family. This would be a massive improvement and I believe revenue from cash items would ultimately go up if new skins and content is released. This will provoke players to buy cash items more often as they know they will be getting more worth from each item. This is justified as well for cash shop items are extremely expensive going up to 30 dollars for a single outfit. This option will broaden the amount of money players across the board will spend and will increase the amount a single customer will spend as they are more likely to spend more often.

For now, this is all my ideas for this thread please comment and let me know what you think should be added and what can provide people better reasons to party and play with others and increase players drive to play everyday and actively explore content. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

PeaceInChaos, Kaytie and Dailou like this.
  2. Kaytie

Without at all thinking about the miniscule amount of party content we have:
    I do like the class passives, but it should be progressive in correspondence to how many people are in the party.
    Taking one of your suggestions for example, Shai's 10% drop rate increase.
    If the Shai is solo it would only be a 2% extra drop rate, but increases by 2% for every member in the party.
    Ending at 10% for 5 people.
    Otherwise it wouldn't really incentivize partying

Reason for using the drop rate suggestion specifically is because its the one people would want most.

Its a neat idea though~
    First we need more and better party content though. :p

Factorial, Dailou and UnicornMischief like this.
  3. UnicornMischief

I appreciate your input, I can see what you mean about progressive party affects, but the Shai can't really solo very well in the first place so they need the most intensive to players adding them ergo why they have the strongest example. I can see both systems fixed and progressive passive working well, but I don't think players that prefer to play solo should be punished, but instead incentivized by other player passives. This can also punish small parties for having only a party of 2 or 3 rather then just rewarding larger parties. Also, I am also addressing the low party content in the content section of my thread as I also deeply desire more group and party content and I would also appreciate feedback on this as well. Thank you for your time. :)

Dailou likes this.
  4. WinterMilla

Group content is kinda hard in this game as it really punishes you the more people are in your group. However overall this isn't a bad idea, but here are some of mines.

1) Make older costumes in game easy to obtain even with lower silver either through loyalties or silver.
    This is so when new players came into the game they aren't met with a pay wall off the bat. This would only contain pre-awaking and non even costumes. They can even rotate them out everyone month so they can still sell them in PC.

2) Release a catalog every month listing out the sales in Pearl shop. This way if they are having a special sell on a costume or item you can save your money when you get paid and buy them.

3) Have loyalties discounts. I hate how over priced the costumes are in the peal shop, but if they give us a chance to earn coupons through play time and loyalties we can save money when we want to. Granted it might be 15 days = 10% off, 30 days = 20% off with a cap at 50% off. It can be a general one so you can buy as much as you want and apply the % off at the end to the final total.

4) Gathering mini game. At the current moment all you do for gathering is just hit 'E' and get a random amount and move to the next. However if you make it like the second half of the fishing mini game (the one with the slider), you can have it so you can earn more if you land on higher spots. Something like normal, great, excellent, perfect. (Maybe even add the black spirit doing emote icons on the par to make it more appealing)

5) Add a mentor system in the game for new players to team up with vets. You can make it milestone rewards such as:
    LvL 10 "I think I get it". Reward 5mil for the new player, letter of repayment for the helper
    LvL 20 "No need for Training wheels" Reward 5mil for the new player, cron meal box
    LvL 30 "I can feel the rage of growth" Reward 10mil for the new player, elixir box for the helper
    LvL 40 "In the groove" Reward 15mil for the new player, GM lucky box for the helper
    LVL 50 "Look out World" Rewards 30mil to the new player, shakatu lucky box to the helper
    LVL 56 "Remember and Rebith" 40mil to the new player, Shakatu luxury box
    You can make it so that only players who have less than 30days of play time (aka access olvia servers) can be mentored. Mentors can have to be lvl 60, and can only mentor one person every 30 days. You can only be mentored once on an account.

6) Referral incentives. You should offer players that refer x amount of players and reach lvl x will receive a referral gift such as, pearls or special costumes.

7) Swimming change. You can make it so the movement speed reduction is no longer there how ever you will have increase in stamina usage. You can off set this with having the pearl shop costume giving better stamina recovery and consuming less stamina. This will counter act the claim that its P2swim and more on the lines of pay 4 convince. (It will come in handy with the deep sea.)

8) Capture the region world PVP. This one I don't think will happen as it would take for ever to work. You can have the war between calpheon and hidal spark up. Players will be on two teams and be tasked with capturing nodes in the enemy teams region to gain access to the capital to taking out a tower there. There will be NPC at these nodes that can be harder as you get closer to the capital. Respawn timers will grow longer and longer with each node that you lose. Healing items and items will share the same rule as Shadow Arena. Gear sets will be provided so that players will be on an even playing field. The gear sets will range from DPS, Tank, and Hybrid. However your level will still affect which skills you have, but the dmg will be fixed. You can even leave the buffs out and have it so only class buffs work, giving classes with less AP a chance to be in groups and protected. All in all this will need a lot of fleshing out, but could be a step into redoing node wars or just adding in extra content. This can also be done in the sea were there are plenty of island for the plays to fight one and have navel battles.

9) The secrets of Mari's Lab. This could be a boss rush instance pve content were mutated enemies that you fight through the game come back bigger and badder. You can only run this once a week by quest chain. You can give it a queue just like the savage rift, but using character weapons. Your dmg is capped and your dp is also capped. The room would have random stage hazors like stuns traps, spikes, and flame throwers. The boss will also spawn a swarm of enemies that players will have to managed through. I feel like classes such as valk,shai, and warriors should be key players here.

10) The assassin of the night. While out in the world players should have a random in counter with a hired assasin that will spawn in higher certain grind spots. If defeated the player will find a letter on its body from a pack of mobs (Both grind spots and animals) that the player was killing x amount in a certain amount of time. The player will be tasked with going to that grind spot and summoning the boss of that area and defeating it. It can drop boss items and yellow accessories.

11) Sirens of the sea. While out at sea fishing or sail the player will start to hear singing. If the player can track were the singing is coming from in the sea, they will be greeted by a siren. This will turn into a sea monster battle in the sea that other players can join. Once defeated it will give the player a buff on fishing speed,lure, underwater breathing, swimming speed, and AP to sea creatures. It can also drop items that can be used to craft the buffs anytime.

Just some things I can think of off the top of my head. Tell me what you think.

#4 WinterMilla, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    Dailou likes this.
  5. UnicornMischief

These are some great ideas, you should submit them to the black desert online feedback library if you haven't already.

Dailou likes this.
  6. Dailou

i do like this idea a lot. The current system was designed to force players into conflict with each and really only bring people together for the sake of killing other groups of players. But coming into this after Eve Online, which does a similar thing but way better, it all just feels very forced and shallow the way Bdo does it. It feels like a pve game trying to be a pvp game thats trying to be a pve game. The pvp has, to me, always felt tacked on the way it also did in Tera, where it doesnt really fit the world or the story, where in Eve its intrinsic to the way the story of the world and economy in the game works. This would be a refreshing change of pace, i think. But as you stated we would need some solid co-op pve content to go along with the changes. Also a revamp of the cash shop would be really good as well, especially with the current gambling-style mechanics of the skill change coupons. Paying real money for only a chance to get what you actually want is not a good look these days for the games industry. I used them once and felt terrible for it because its just a crappy business practice and by giving in and letting them profit from that just positive reinforcement of the status quo in their eyes. Not to mention it cost me more than I thought is should for what I got in the end. Its cash shop systems like this one that may force governments to drop the hammer on the games industry.

7. WinterMilla

oh I'm not sure how but i will look into it.

8. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Cool ideas, I believe the community needs to be constantly thinking of creative ways to make the game more enjoyable and interesting. One thing I noticed is you used the word 'instance' quite a few times. Unfortunately, I don't think BDO will ever (or should ever) have instanced content, as it will detract from one of the major founding premises of the game, in that, BDO is an open world world game with zero load times when moving about the world / engaging in open world content. It was established at the game's birth that BDO will not have fast travel and will not have instanced content to promote a seamless and immersive open world experience.

I, personally, am a big fan of instanced dungeons / raids found in about every other MMORPG. I think they're fun, can be challenging, allows players to experience game lore, etc. TBH, raids are the one thing I miss the most from other MMO's. I do not think traditional, instanced dungeons would work here since it breaks the game's core vision of a load-less open world (aside from reconnects). I do, though, think engaging group content is needed in the game, similar to dungeons in that you follow a fairly linear path, maybe do some puzzles, and work in tandem with your group to complete it, needing the aid of damage dealers, damage soakers and healers / buffers, all working together. This was the best part of raids to me, in that everyone has a job, and everyone has to do it well to complete the mission.

Instead of an instanced dungeon, I was thinking of having several of these around the open world - a cave in Kamasylvia, a remote island off the coast of Pirate Island, etc. Guarding the entrance to this dungeon, is a magical barrier closing it off, with the only way to open it is by having 5 group members turning in a combined scroll made up of 5 - 9 scroll pieces, similar to Pila Fe Scrolls, collected via monster drops in certain regions, ie: Kama dungeon scroll pieces from Kama monsters. Upon entry, players are greeted by a fairly traditional dungeon experience - kill adds, solve puzzles, kill bosses - needing players to fill tank, DPS and healer roles. This will allow for greater build diversity among players as well, encouraging players to have a tank build.

One major drawback about dungeons that many BDO players feel is that in other MMO's, dungeons are repetitive and relies heavily on RNG for good loot (not too far off from BDO's standards, but you get the idea). To circumvent this, these dungeons are not required to get the drops - you can still get the loot dropped here via other means. The dungeons are to provide players an alternative way to receive loot they need and offers players engaging group content that requires attention, effort and teamwork by all, making the game more immersive and fun. No load times for these dungeons. They could also add elements here to allow players to learn more about the game's lore, as well.

Dailou likes this.
  9. Kaytie

They've already broken that "load-less open world" as there are already instanced areas in the game.
    They are not instanced in the sense that only you and your party can exist in that instance, but rather, its a small area that is disconnected from the world.

Now, I honestly don't know the names of these areas, nor the names of the mobs that spawn there as I'm not geared enough to do it, but the portals in the desert are what I mean.
    Altar of Blood if I understand correctly is an instanced area as well though I do not understand how it works.

So, I am fairly certain, if they want to, they could create an actual instanced area, and still keeping it within the lore of the game.

Your suggested way does sound interesting, I'm just saying an instanced area is not outside the realm of possibility.

#9 Kaytie, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    UnicornMischief and Dailou like this.
  10. PeaceInChaos

Good point, Aakman and Hystria are 'disconnected' from the game world, in a sense. Instanced content isn't far off from possibility in that perspective. Not too sure how well instanced dungeons would be received, though, by players. Lots of people don't like that idea, yet lots of people want dungeon-esque content at the same time. That's where my idea came from, the combining of both worlds :P thanks for your insight.

Dailou likes this.
  11. UnicornMischief

In the suggestions portion of general discussion where you found this thread at the top is another official forum where they vote to implement ideas. I have submitted this and various other ideas to this, I suggest doing the same if you have ideas on improving the game. If they like your ideas they will be brought up to a vote and may implement the idea into the game.

12. Dailou

I'm kinda curious at this point. And I will preface this by explaining that I do not wish to be rude, but I am sincerely curious about this topic. What is it that is so bad about instances that we try to avoid them as much as possible these days in MMOs? I mean, im no fan of loading screens either but im starting to feel like they are a necessary evil at times and getting rid of them for the sake of continuity might not be the best idea in some cases. Or is it the invulnerability that the group entering the instance has? That they can profit without the risk of being killed by players? I dont like to be an Eve Online shill since I bring it up A LOT but it does represent the oldest, largest, and most successful open world pvp 'mmo without instances' that there is out there. Bdo has a surprising amount of things in common with it. But, as you might have already imagined where im going with this, even Eve has recently introduced instanced pve content now. There arent really any pvp centric mmos that I can think of that havent ended up being relatively niche as a result of that very premise. mmo publishers dont like niche, they like money. Economy of scale. Pvp seems to become niche when it starts to require a lot of time and resources before it begins to be fun, since thats the way life already is for a lot of the people who play games seeking an escape from reality for a little bit, only to find that the in-game world they escaped to might look different from real life but operates the same way. That is a turn off.

Also I think a lot of the people who arent a fan of instances and the the 'Holy Trinity' mmo approach are just burned out really hard on mmos in general. They are tired of running from game to game and finding the same basic mechanics in place, but how would that be any different from any other genre if you hop from survival game to survival game, FPS to FPS, or whatever. I personally feel like that formula is intrinsic to makeup of a fantasy mmorpg and it cant be extricated, at least not long term and it seems like PA and many MMO players are starting to catch on to this and miss those deep interpersonal mechanics and connections that this game seems to be lacking for many people, forcing many people to move on or play far less than before.

Ugh I feel like i might have beat around the bush a bit too much with this one, but what I am trying to say is that games like BDO and Eve Online dont seem to be sustainable without the far more abundant group of players that desire to work together instead of against one another and both games might have to adapt to that in ways that many current players might not like, and there is a lot of risk in that. But one thing is pretty clear: there are more mmo fans out there than are playing either of these games at this point. The demand is out there. Bit right now neither of these games seem to be fulfilling much of it

13. WinterMilla

The problem with instance based dungeons in the game is how it effects the over world. The world will be come less and less active and more players standing in towns waiting for queue. Also many players don't want to be forced to be inside these dungeons all the time, just to be able to pvp. We could see the effects some in early Savage rift and Shadow arena, were players tended to flock more to those to make money and gear up. In some ways this would fix many of the problems people have with grinding and getting PKed, however it effects the feel of the game. I don't like to think of this game as PVP or PVE nor PVX. Its just a highly competitive game that requires you to fight at all gear scores or stay in town.
    Who would want to grind in for 3 hours when I can get the same in just 30 mins. Terra would be a good example of this. As a new player if you go into the fields you will be lucky if you see a person in the later levels, yet in the beginning lower levels before dungeons you can see players all the time, granted this was a year ago when i check it out. Its hard to have both exist at the same time and both be great.

Dailou likes this.
  14. Tjaranis

i agree quest needs revamping.
    but i think it needs it in the sense of making all npc's follow scripts that give them daily routines and actually feeling like they are alive and have a day, life, family etc.
    that they react to you appropriately, which should also be a system extended to enemies; meaning depending on your actions, the quest you've done and your decisions in them they have up to 6 stages of reactions;
    1. extremely friendly; they will actively walk/run towards you and address/talk to you nicely in chat(if chosen) and in talking bubble over their heads. they will tell you about their day, their family etc. for a few minutes and then potentially invite you to join them for the job they are currently working on (quest can be given), they will talk with you while doing x and you can even have hidden "gems/clues/etc." for cool stuff within these convos etc.

Quest types; large quest, large rewards, and special personal request which increase their and their friend's attitude towards you.

2. friendly; same as above just less familiar.

Quest type: medium size, medium rewards, dangerous request which they wouldn't be able to handle themselves for higher attitude boost.

3. neutral; they might nud towards, greeting you politely, you but only actively seeks you out if they need your help and you got friend status with someone they consider a friend.

Quest types: Small request, small rewards, an occasionally dangerous request which they wouldn't be able to handle themselves for large attitude boost.

4. unfriendly; they dislike you and might throw things after you, boo you, etc. this will make the eligible for attacks in cases where they damage you (while unable to kill them you can hurt them badly and they will lay until npc help gets them to their home; resets after an in-game day), killing them would vastly increase their dislike for you/make you an enemy.

Quest type: Medium Quest, Low rewards, hard/requiring quest; to prove your not as evil as they say.

5. enemies; they will straight up attack you, their friends will dislike you, and they will aggro and actively seek you out if you are in their area for too long.

Quest type: occasionally an enemy will fall to the ground and stay suffering for 5-10 seconds before dying (loot will be available when it falls), if interacted with you can choose to help the fallen recover (potions, heals, etc.) and can receive a hard quest for Large reward and a medium attitude increasement.

6. they are terrified by you; they will run away from you when they see you, they will beg for their lives when you get to close or run away screaming in panic, they will only fight back if you hunt them into a corner and they will be bad at it).

Quest types; you can shakedown for Quest which gives a low reward, for low effort; occasionally a Very large reward on a Very requiring quest will come up (something like large trade going on or movement of army etc. information stuff allowing you to do the quest by interacting/killing the mobs/npc's)

enemies that could be an actual danger can never be terrified by you (AP+DP decided depending on area)
    --------------------------------------
    in general, all quest should make sense and besides that "very friendly" request should be something that would be reasonable and normal to seek someone so powerful to help out with.
    and at completion or ignoring of the quest the npc's, when meet, should acknowledge and react appropriately (special greetings, thanking, etc)

---------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------
    as for passive, the class balance is supposed to already give this versatility and already now we see some classes being excluded or less wanted in groups, so don't think adding more incentive for such behaviour is good.

in general, the issue of group combat is that the punishment for not being solo, both silver,sp and xp, is insanely large.
    instead of an incentive to group, they actively make it worse and grouping is only done at the insane AP needed lvls where you can't effectively solo fast enough.

for grouping rewards should not be nerfed, neither on an XP, SP or loot lvl. make it all personal and everyone there gets it as if solo.
    this way it will never be negative to play in groups even if you are clearing faster than it is spawning.

as for the spawnrate issue, it would be vastly better to simply introduce the spawnings of stronger and stronger mobs, with better drops etc. when to much of the area is without mob groups. as such you again incentivise people to play together and BE NICE TO EACH OTHER!!!! (as the toxic level and the gameplay provoking toxicity between players has completely run/driven over the edge and it is a serious issue which has spread it's plague out into other mmo's when players from bdo goes there...
    personally, i can feel i am much more of an ******* as well when playing bdo than i would ever be in any other game, simply because the current mechanics punish you so damn hard for trying to be nice and friendly to people, in comparison to simply out-compete them).

I personally HATE dailies, weeklies etc. it is a terrible concept which pushes the feeling of job "burden of optimal play" far more than any other emotion and they all need to simply disappear;
    instead, a dynamic system of Quest types should be given out at random with NPC's in area A having X amount of quest available to them; which will reset each day and will ensure you cannot get the same quest again before a reset or before 90% of the quest available have been done.

as such you eliminated the issue of "repetitive" the same as dailies/weeklies, but you don't eliminate the ability to do it in your own tempo or to stay and continuing doing quest in a certain area (grinding as example you grind for 4 hours but only 15minutes actually has quest content...).

the quest should also always be better overall rewarded for your time to make up for lost time on getting them and doing them; to minimize the "burden of optimal play" and increase the diversity in what you are doing and the feeling that it has an effect on the "game world", more of an effect at least.

--------------------------------------------------------

lastly; when microtransactions become illegal i would like to see a Pet catching, growing and breeding setup... considering the popularity of something like pokemon etc. such a system should be vastly easy to have huge success and pulling of players.

as well as the major exploration of craftable house items, materials needed gathered for it, crafted for it, etc...

basically, i want a full well thought out and well-designed gameplay in a world that doesn't feel dead, half empty, and without any reaction to anything i do, and no acknowledgement to anything I've done..

----------------------------------------------------------
    would also like voicing to be added for the random npc's talking and going about their day, as this would add a major positive feel of the world being alive to be able to Hear as you walk past people, that they are having conversations and talking about "meaningful stuff" for what their "lives" are going through (you could even go further and involve the achievements of the adventure at opportunistic times)

Dailou likes this.
  15. Dailou

I remember that time in Tera as well. Though as I recall it wasnt entirely the introduction of the dungeons that drastically thinned the world of players so much as it was that queue system where you can click on the dungeon you want to do and it matches you up with a party and then teleports you there from wherever you are, as opposed to when you had to physically go to the dungeon entrances. That actually required you to know the world and often do the quest chain in the region related to said dungeon. Then they added the teleportation scrolls. Then they were like eff it and just miracled everyone there whenever they willed it. Then it became the way it is now where you quest until you hit lvl 23 and can go into the first dungeon and then you go all the way to end game and beyond that way, going into harder dungeons as you reach the eligible lvl and gear score. Tera definitely lost a lot of its magic when roaming the beautiful world they created became pointless

Didnt have to be that way for Tera and BDO can still have instances without ending up that way. It could be similar to what they do now with guild boss scrolls but the scroll you get for the open world quest or maybe even a chain of guild quests the results in a dungeon scroll. Whatever they do make it so that the open world doesnt become obsolete, which is actually easier in BDO than Tera because of the vast crafting system and nodes and all that. There would still be plenty of reasons to go out into the open world if its done right

16. PeaceInChaos

Pretty much what WinterMilla said. BDO sets itself apart from other MMORPGS's in that it doesn't have any instanced content at all, and I believe, its unique-ness in all that it does is what makes BDO BDO. Loss of immersion, people not in the open world waiting for queues, people feeling 'forced' to queue up since it may be the most efficient META vs grinding / lifeskilling, etc. I, personally, don't mind instanced content and want dungeon-like content in that it requires a cohesive team with the right builds to complete, but I do want BDO to remain unique. Which is why I was thinking, what if we make entry into the dungeon something you have to earn? What if doing the dungeon is not mandatory, yet offers an alternative path to good loot, like boos gear drops? Something not instanced as well? Dungeons could very well fit into the world of BDO. It just has to be done right, since instances could potentially nuke the game into oblivion, ruining the core of the game and changing it so dynamically that the game's core features would be broken. BDO is about endless progression centered around grinding at it's core, whether it be monsters or lifeskills. How to incorporate dungeons and making it work and resonate with players, while maintaining the game's open world immersion and fundamentals is the trick, IMO.

17. UnicornMischief

The dungeons would have to be traveled to the ones I mentioned at least. The biggest problem in this game however is grinding and boss loot from what I hear from players. People that love the game defend it to no end and love it as is, but the game only has a decent population due to a lot of the things you mentioned. Gw2 holds a large population and the gameplay is not as good as bdo not by a lot, but this is because of its instances, something to do at all levels, fair pvp, and reason behind growing inside the game. Even with far better gameplay the bdo continues to barely beat out a massively inferior game due to it’s ability to allow players to have fun. If I could move the gameplay of bdo over to gw2 I would do it, but this games graphics and smooth combat is unbeatable. After playing bdo the combat of guild wars feels unplayable and I continue to support this game over all other MMOs due to it’s potential, not what it currently is. I grind now in hopes there will be a point to it later and in order to participate in node wars. This game is like all work and no fun before level 60 and it is really hard to get friends and family into it. This is because of that hardcore nature you mentioned. It needs to find a medium that talks to a bigger crowd in my opinion.

18. UnicornMischief

A dungeon that is open, but all other players disappear if they are not in your party and the dungeon remains dead until the next day for you. The dungeon gate closes if you completed it and reopens at 12pm. That would be cool in my opinion.