1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response BDO not working (Solved)

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Velad, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Velad

I'm posting this here because BDO support team didn't help me with this issue when i submitted a ticket. they tried.

Okay so the problem,

once i click on the "play" button from the game launcher. Xingcode anti cheat system starts up and minimizes after loading, then the game window opens up. but the window is full black screen and goes not responding after few seconds and just get stuck there and after few seconds it closes on it's own without any errors or crash reports or anything popping up.

Steps i have tried so far to fix it (but didn't work...sadly),

Re-downloaded the game like 3 to 4 times.
    Used the launcher repair tool couple of times.
    Used different internet connections. (different IPS)
    I also looked at similar problems online and took the steps they suggested for this kinda of issues but was not successful.
    Driver and Windows are updated up to date.

So if someone have any idea what i can do for this please let me know.

Attached Files:

2. ElectroStingz.

Hello,

Are you able to post a list / screenshot of all the programs you have installed? (Programs and features)
    Sometimes branded PC's come with software which can be blocked by anti-cheat programs.

3. Velad

im using a new alienware 17 r5 laptop max specs. i closed most of the programs running including the windows defender and tried it as well. how can i check what programs are running? and whats preventing anti cheats system like you mentioned? wouldnt it let me know if something is blocking the game program. im pretty unfamiliar with the new windows 10 UI sorry.

4. ElectroStingz.

Press on the start menu, type control panel <open this.
    There you will see "programs and features" <open this.

And what you see is a list of everything installed on your PC (laptop). take a screenshot(s) and upload here.
    It doesn't always let you know what is going on and if it is a compatibility issue things will just crash.

5. Velad

There is nothing out of the ordinary. like i said i got this new lap like 2 weeks ago so only the standed programs are there. only thing missing in this list is BDO which im re-downloading again.

Attached Files:

6. ElectroStingz.

Sometimes overlays can conflict with the anticheat, try removing the Alienware On screen Display. (Make sure you know how to reinstall it if needed later). This may cause the FN buttons to stop working.

7. Velad

the things i is don't wanna mess with the the system that came with the laptop. is there anyway to work around it? and also how can i be sure its the anti cheat system because i can see it loading up and minimizing it in to the the tray. even the game window opens up but its full black screen not displaying anything. i saw it on some similar issue forum post are saying it's something to do with windows 10 and the game not being fully compatible with the latest version of windows can that be it?

8. ElectroStingz.

Windows 10 latest build working fine for many users so that is unlikely.

Lets assume the Alienware on screen display is not the issue, the next thing I notice from your info is that the laptop comes with 2 GFX cards.
    • GTX 1080 (discrete)
    • Intel UHD 630 (integrated GFX)
    The game can do exactly as you described if your laptop is set to use the Intel UHD 630 as the primary display adapter.

Does any of this make sense, nvidia optimus >manually configure Optimus?
    https://www.dell.com/support/articl...-performance-on-your-alienware-system?lang=en

9. Shenya

Did you make an exception in your anti-virus? Is almost certainly something that xigncode is unhappy about, any kind of keyboard/mouse program that is pre-installed or other Dell spyware could be causing it. Going to need to open your task manager and take a good look at what is running and start 1 by 1 ending obvious non vital apps/processes until you get some joy. If unsure what one is, google it and end or not based on your results.

Alternatively, get a USB stick, make a recovery drive out of it (every laptop manufacturer has their own tool to do this and usually prompts you to do so right after you get it fired up) unless it came with recovery media, grab another USB and download Windows 10 installation media from Microsoft and make you a nice fresh bloatware free install. You may still need to make an exception in your antivirus solution.

10. Velad

So far the games i play like Guild wars 2, Final Fantasy 14, Warframe and DOTA 2 all detects and played on the GTX 1080 with G-sync. even the BDO launcher detects my GPU GTX 1080.

Attached Files:

11. ElectroStingz.

Probably not an issue.

Alienware OSD software for your laptop.
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=4Y69J

Full support page here
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/product-support/product/alienware-17-r5/drivers

Without uninstalling the only option would be to find the process and stop it from running.
    Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE (all at the same time)
    You might need to press on the more details button
    In the processes section, background processes.

If you uninstall the above link will get it back .

12. Velad

I have my Anti-Virus(Windows Defender) turned off and also i have the BDO folder on the exclusion section. but i couldn't find a separate Xingcode programs to exclude. is there a specific name for it? how can i find it?

and as for the fresh installation i might do that if everything else fails. i would need help with that since i don't know much about computers.

Attached Files:

13. ElectroStingz.

C:\BDO\bin64\xc\na\2\XM

14. Velad

Thank you i will try this. and also the OSD software thing when my game finishes re-downloading.

15. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Can you try replacing a file in your Windows\System32\ folder with this replacement lightfx.dll?

This should resolve the issue for you, but please let me know how it goes.

16. Velad

Yes, GM_Horizon suggested this to me i will do this once my game finish re-downloading again. i kinda gave up on the game and deleted everything since the GMs were not responding or rather late on responds to my ticket. but i really like this game and i really wanna try to get it to work. I will keep you updated!

17. Velad

THIS WORKED!!! wow after so many attempt finally something that works TY TY TY!!

GM Kaioken likes this.
  18. Velad

This solve the issue thank you so much.

19. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Glad to hear we could help! :)