1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO P2W? (Pearl Item Spread Sheet)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Prochilles, Sep 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Prochilles

A lot of people sharing there thoughts on "is BDO P2W", but I never see any data on it so I decided to make it to see if it backs up what people claim. From charting the data, what most players say seems to be correct, basically p2w in this game is only paying for a slight convenience rather than winning.

The first image provided ( P2W.1.PNG linked below) contains all 'Functional' items & 'Pets' that can be sold on the in-game market place, while 'Mount' & 'Outfits' contain a single item that represents all items of a common value.

The second image shown below shows the top three types of items that make the most silver for pearls and what they can expect to pay and make with the restriction of 5 pearl item sales every week.

If the data is correct, the most a person can possible expect to make is 185,678,999 silver each week ( 26,525,571 a day) spending between $147.83 - $170.00, depending on which 'Pearl Box' is purchased from the Kakao store.

For those of you who are new to the game or don't play the game yet, 26,525,571 mil silver a day equates to around 2-3 hours of grinding mobs, if the player has purchased 4 pets, most likely with real money vs silver or free with events. OR, 1-2 hours life-skilling ( Gathering Mats, etc ) with no irl purchases. OR for most of intermediate players almost nothing.

Final: After charting this data and seeing the results, I don't think constantly selling MAX allowance of items on the market is a practical way to gear out a character as 26 mil a day cost way more than it's worth, especially as @Emyrryl posted video explains even p2w people are stuck behind the games gear enhancing wall.

P2W.2.png

Attached Files:

Korvgubben likes this.
  2. Yukiko1

Yukiko1 DarkKnight 61 EU

Do you think that when people say it's P2W it's because of the costumes? Selling costumes give you an advantage but they have a shitty $->silver ratio so as long as the game costs only 10 bucks and there is no subscription almost everyone is fine with it.(At least I am)

What people are angry with is, Artisan's memories, weight + inventory, p2w lodgings, Pets etc
    Try to calculate how much money someone with pets makes compares to someone who hasn't.

Also here is how much money you save with 100 artisan's memories that cost 40 euros/dollars
    To repair 300 durability you will need 300 memory frags, that would cost you 300*750k=225.000.000
    If you buy 100 artisan's memories you will only need 100 memory frags that cost you=100*750k= 75.000.000

225m-75m= 150m for 40 bucks

P.S Costumes as of now are fine but the prices in Korea have skyrocketed to 150m for each costume, I don't think they will bring that here since everyone will ****ing riot if they do but I can't help but feel scared the Koreans might force them.

YajStylez, Scamdalf, Oaklay and 18 others like this.
  3. NotHero

preach

quebae likes this.
  4. Prochilles

Cool, I never really heard people talk about 'Artisan's memories', but I do see you can get this item in loyalties for 400 which is a waste and doesn't need to be elaborated on. At the same time I'm having trouble working out how much this item is p2w as 1) I don't enhance often so my knowledge is limited 2) even though I'm sure this item has no limit on how many a player can buy a week, and I can see this could mean endless silver, I don't really see how they can truly profit largely over another player (as I said my knowledge is limited).

Weight & Pets I agree are P2W, but at the same time not game breaking. I've never bought weight as we can over stack horses pets I have bought, as getting off the MP is a hassle, which I mentioned in the OP. And I don't see the p2w aspect of lodgings except for crates, although it seems only a few out of all the people that make crates actually make a serious profit.

5. Columba

who the hell can't afford $100 a week on their hobbies. come on peasants!

6. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 63 EU

If you fail an enhancment you lose max durability of the item and you need that to at least be able to support you for a full grind sesion or a full siege/node.
    To recover max durability of the item you need another item equal to the base item you are enhancing. On boss gear (BiS) that means you need another boss armor to recover durability.
    Every piece of boss gear costs around 95m (except red nose) and that repairs10 max dura, (thats what you lose by taping to black stones or just one shard/hard) or you can use an artisan memory to recover triple of that number (that would make every 95m for 30 durabilty) but you can also use Memory fragments, they cost 750k and give 1 dura, if you use 10 of them thats 7,5m for 10 max dura.
    When going for boss gear its common to fail a lot, specially around 13-14 and duo-tri-tet in a way that most players will have to recover over 200-300 max durabilty per piece of boss gear to get a TET thats betwen 1-2 billions on memory fragments.
    Using artisan memorys you can imagine how much silver ur "getting".

7. Jedrikk

you people need to stop using this "sell pearl items on market" as the thing people are saying is P2W. WERE NOT. Compared to the other blaunently obvious p2w items on the shop this doesn't even come close

-rank 1 houses
    -Artisan memory
    -G Suits
    -Better stats on pearl costumes/outfits than in game costumes/outfits
    -the fact you have to buy a costume coupon to even make one
    -Horse breeding resets
    -VP market "buff"

*Port rat quest line behind a paywall

Zaenjinto, Oaklay, PaulFinch and 5 others like this.
  8. ambyentlight

Yes this game is getting more p2w by the day. Did you know they only banned fishbotters to encourage people to buy artisans memorys as mem frags are now a rare commodity?

They enabled pearl gifting last christmass saying they would disable it again in january and guess what they dident, why because it turned out profitable with all the wts item give me pearl gifts to post.

9. Reol

You didn't really include the effective profit from buying artisans memories or from breed resetting T8 males. 330 pearls is roughly 120m if used on t8 male.

Isteria, Bilianderr and T800 like this.
  10. woots

^this. ( to have ppl read that again xD )

11. Blacksheep

Blacksheep 60 EU

You chart is fine and its a viable statement.

But you should take the "hole" thing together. Included human behavior and the ways of payment for developers. (more the communication or contract with the players for their work). Thats the first point.

The next one would be about crystals for Costumes. Tell me where i get this crystals without paying or paying from a another person? (ofc now the plunge tactics appears)

Hahah riot you mean they will beg for more.

Overall its more a opinion from players to give a game the Statement "p2w". The community itself agree what is ok or what not.

Right now we agree anything what coming and what we already have.

#11 Blacksheep, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  12. Rogahn

Rogahn Keevan Wizard 62 EU

But.. but.. you know hardcore
    They won't put food on a table just to buy dem pearls to buy them Artisan's Memories so they can enchant dem gear and beat dem shyt out of @Yukiko1 and @NotHero :)

Columba likes this.
  13. Yukiko1

Yukiko1 DarkKnight 61 EU

Edit: Read that wrong

#13 Yukiko1, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  14. Rogahn

Please, read my post again and use brain this time.
    Also, like what you saw? :>
    Here's one specially for ya~ :*
    2017-09-14_235271368.JPG

15. Yukiko1

Yukiko1 DarkKnight 61 EU

Well I read that wrong, my bad I guess.
    Still tho, your "argument" is merely another troll attempt with 0 effort and should be thrown in the bin along with the pictures you masturbate every night to. Where do you live that 40 euros will make you not be able to put food on the table?

16. Rogahn

Yes, it was a troll hyperbolization if you haven't noticed. The one you use very time describing impact of pearl convenience items on the game.
    Also... I'm so busted, you know my secret secret now D:
    [​IMG]

Also heed your own...
    upload_2017-9-16_12-31-55.png

17. Peon

I dont think anyone calls selling pearl items p2w, as oyu have shwon yourself it isn`t this much money. 600m per month for 600 bucks not rly worthwhile. The problem is more the items in the pearl shop itself.

Lets take a look into it:

Your Goal: Siege/NW PVP in general:

You will want only for the pvp aspect:

-Costume with crystal (-> tailoring coupon) = 3,4k +1,5k
    -max weight = 4550
    -maybe a Ghilli = 3,4k

So only for the pvp aspect 12,85k pearls

But ofc you also need Gear and Level which means you need silvers and alot of it. So how does you maximize your silver/hour? Right only through pearlshop:

We need:

-4 pets at least t3 (we assume: I. you picked your 5k reward, II. play so long you actually have a penguin and III. you need 2,5 pets per t3) = 3.6k
    - some inventory slots (lets go with 32 extra, you are a god in management) = 2,9k
    - valuepack = 1,5k * xmonthsplaying

so lets top up another5,4k + 1,5k each month

Wait you can make also money afk? Yes, and with Pearlshop more effective. Lets assume for this part you go with the most standard lifeskill gathering + processing + crate trading:

What we need:

-Hedgehog, its cute and it is awesome, boosting your gatherings by about 25% = 4k
    -Karkisuit, double the max afk time = 2,2k
    -lodging - to help you get a bigger network -> more afk money = 5x600 = 3k

that is another 9,2k

so 27,45k + 1,5 each month for valuepack. Also lets not forget it is just for 1 char, rerolling will add some more cash. And we didnt even touch artisans etc so just 300 bucks to play the game efficient... not do your math free vs paying. I would never go back to free

Oaklay, Reyer, Shadosyn and 2 others like this.
  18. Prochilles

Understand from my Op that I spent all that time going through mp items because that's all I hear from people claiming p2w. I've played the game for since beta na and have known these options you've listed exist in the game but I don't hear or see chat or posts explaining how they're p2w. I know within certain circles these features p2w aspects may be common knowledge but I've just not really heard the complaints on them. Thanks for the list btw I like to see more of what's going on.

19. RadiantStorm

RadiantStorm Ysvaroux Ranger 62 EU

Yeah, you lost me there. 4 T1 Pets at Lv.10 are more than enough, seriously....

Prochilles likes this.
  20. Yukiko1

Yukiko1 DarkKnight 61 EU

Not really, I have 3 T2 and T3 and I always leave half of the loot behind, I actually have to stop for 3-4 sec per pack if I want to get everything. Also check out bigandshiny's stream, he has 4 T4 and he still doesn't pick up everything.

Unless you mean of course that not picking up all the loot after you have spend +40$ for something that should be free is understandable and normal for an MMORPG.

Bilianderr likes this.