1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO Pearlshop giving 150/300 Cronstones a typo?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LightningFFXIII-4, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

They chose this business model because of players like you. If not, they would have chosen another model and still be making.
    But right now, they can go lazy on the content, and still make insane benefits so why would they bother?

Force them to be creative. Don't give money for lazy gamedesign. New classes.. Territories... Nothing creative right now... Events? Lol.

MoonDance17 and Jinoro like this.
  2. NoobGamersBerlin

As already mentioned... your POV and it is totally fine but doesn’t match mine.

But we are totally off topic right now as we don’t speak about the Crons anymore and I still repeat myself, everyone can buy Cron Stones limitless from every blacksmith with ingame currency.

3. LightningFFXIII-4

In my opinion the Cron stones added to the deal is not enough, it should be double that amount. Think about it. People have been exploiting and speedhacking for years now. People were getting 5-10 billion a week in seamonster hunting back in 2018. Did Kakao/PA take away ppl's gains from that? No.

So 150/300 crons is too little, it should be 300/600 at least. People buying stuff from the pearlshop shouldn't feel dumb buying there while People who use exploits/speedhacks/bots get billions of silver a week.

Tolmos likes this.
  4. zhagsten

I think you have missed what I was saying. I did say that you shouldn't look particularly for stay-at-home moms in BDO. There are some, but mostly there are similar profiles. And I do have sources. Again, you can check the "how much did you spend" threads. I don't have the exact figures indeed, but you can find big tendencies and correlations. It's not my feeling about it, there's a lot of interesting data.

Also the millionaire lawyer won't get his ass kicked from most players in any game with similar progression to BDO. You forgot something : you don't learn to PvP by killing mobs. And the RMTer, in any game, takes shortcuts and zooms directly to the heart of the topic. He can immediately train in PvP while others are still fighting monsters. He won't need a lot of played hours to become better than most players. That's always been the issue with games with similar progression, and I remember a case in Lineage 2 because it goes beyond the P2W or not, as they have no problem buying a well-developped account.

Again those are very few and not relevant. What is relevant is that in a general manner in this type of game, skipping through content brings you faster to the heart of PvP, because there are entry barriers to it. Not all games are like that, but BDO does that. So anything in the cash shop that push you faster towards the ideal level of progression to PvP gives the opportunity to train in PvP earlier and more often. You cannot deny it gives an advantage. And if it was only RMTers, it would be limited, but the official publisher takes part in it and spreads it, enjoying people racing with their dollars as fuel.

Korvgubben likes this.
  5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Its gambling. You pay PA to put gambling in the game, you're gonna get more gambling as content.

People are getting tired of the lazy new content. And you incentivize PA to keep putting in more gambling.

Fearless V and MoonDance17 like this.
  6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Because dont you realize..you are what people are trying to catch up to. They cant out spend you. ANd not only that, you are literally paying PA to slow everyone down. You cant boost in a game only slow everyone else progress. You make that profitable.

You passed to longest running FTP person on the EU/NA servers 2 weeks after you first opened your wallet. They have been stuck behind gambling paywalls for 3 years now.

7. NoobGamersBerlin

Egg and chicken discussion and assumptions. There is already a lot of proof that PA did ease up the game. (Money no weight any more, rework loot in low level areas, oasis gear, season server) It is just jealousy that someone can have something faster but who cares? Why is this changing your game? They are not coming to your spot because they can already grind somewhere else. I have said what I had to say. Everyone can believe what they want. Cron Stones still obtainable easy ingame with ingame currency.

I am online in the game. Wish you all a nice evening. :)

8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I just told you how. You make gambling profitable for PA.
    So new content is going to involve gambling.

Whats the math boil down to anyhow? Its 512 crons for a PEN attempt. So how much is that an attempt, pearl wise?

9. Claydough

Lol?

4.5bil is literal nothing, i make that in a lazy weekend

and 4.5bil in crons is not worth 4.5bil In crons

melting outfits gives crons for roughly half price, so its really a terrible exchange

energy pots for example give much better silver ratio

10. Vortexii

That is a big problem with the community.
    Everyone thinks they deserve to compete regardless of their efforts.

Sadalsuud and MoonDance17 like this.
  11. LightningFFXIII-4

I must be doing something wrong bec i'd be lucky to make 1 bil a week grinding at Tshira / Kagtums.

I have 999,999,999 gil in FFXIV and i barely play it.. Meanwhile in BDO i spend hours a day and at this time only have less than 200mil in the warehouse.

12. Claydough

Dont grind in bad areas then lmao

13. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Not to mention the players that may be better, may play more hours than you and ALSO PAY TO WIN.

Jinoro likes this.
  14. Vortexii

Lets Blow this post up:

"Of course I don‘t have any numbers to proof my statement but you do not have them either."

Right off from the first sentence you are already making false statements. I read the other post and he mentioned things like

"People who can't spend a lot of time on a game like BDO are also less engaged and less likely to spend"
    This doesn't require numbers it's just a basic logical statement that happens to be accurate.

"the millionaire lawyer will get his ass kicked if he doesn’t know how to play or counteract no matter his gear."
    A common lemming fallacy. The assumption is always that the "whale" has to be completely inept at PVP, so much so that he will lose fights to people they out gear.

15. Carahil

Carahil Warrior 63 EU

2-3b a day is pretty standard when u grind sycraia or stars end all day

16. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Limitless? No, your IG currency will stop you. But with some real money, you can have some more. .. Or get some additional IG currency by selling items...

Your RL money gives you more chances to participate in the gambling through crons, and to reduce the drawback when you fail.
    But in the end, you're simply giving devs more reasons to put more of these lazy but lucrative mechanisms. It hurts every player looking for creativity, and even those who are ready to pay for this creativity.

Fearless V, MoonDance17 and Jinoro like this.
  17. gurghul

What a shocker...

18. Vortexii

I like that to do that with Monopoly. I buy the starter pack giving me all the rail roads, 5 properties, and an extra $3,500. Who wants to play?

MoonDance17 and Jinoro like this.
  19. NoobGamersBerlin

What logic is that? You play Monopoly with how many players? Players have a direct impact on each other but explain to me how it is affecting your gameplay in an MMO directly that someone is achieving something faster than you. Don't want to mention the catch up mechanics BDO implemented for free.

To your quote: I replied that already. Imagine someone is owning more queens just because he is playing chess longer than you.

I still keep saying you can buy as much Cron Stones ingame (from blacksmith or MP from costume melting) with ingame currency as you can afford.

20. Vortexii

Your lack of effort in understanding even the most basic principles of the issues doesn't warrant any other response than this ;)

Fearless V, MoonDance17 and Jinoro like this.