1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO PvP: Why It's Good

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Belle Atwell, Apr 9, 2020.

1. woots

that game would first need to be a owpvp game, currently, that's a pve game with a side "owpvp" option that isnt even used by any pve system like a ArcheAge can be.
    It would be like saying GTA5 is a aircraft simulator game because you can pilot plane that are btw barely used nor necessary in the game.
    Is it nice to have the plane usage option for thoses liking that, for sure, do somes players should be forced to use plane every day, certainly not.

That's more or less the same thing for that forced pvp.

You would go to archeage and ask for a pve channel, or a owpvp "opt out" it wouldnt make sense as the game really use that in his various system.
    I cant say the same thing for BDO where they just have to switch off forced pvp, and the game is exactly the same, no system are changed ( nor need to be reworked ) => see Olivia channels.

are somes player habit changed, certainly, which is still different from the game itself beeing different.

Fearless V likes this.
  2. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 63 EU

Why would anyone that doesnt want to pvp do all those quests anyways? Class doesnt even matter if you dont plan on pvp either. Only class thats slighlty better is shai cos starts with some lifeskill bonus. Everything you do to get your character stronger is only to fight against other players.

Grinding is not a pve activity. Its an excuse to encourage interaction and enforce pvp, other wise grinding would be done in an instanced place i guess.

AZzalor likes this.
  3. woots

That's only your personal opinion not a BDO reality.. So who care, as it doesnt change what i've said.

#203 woots, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  4. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

All you said was a personal opinion too. You don't decide how this game works or what things are supposed to be.

5. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

But outside of griefing others for personal fun, what is the forced PK system objectively good for?

6. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

i'm not gonna start this discussion again. Been discussed already more than enough.

7. woots

that's not a personal opinion about the forced pvp beeing used in strictly no pve system => the entier game ( not speaking about the dedicated pvp game mode ofc )
    I dont need to use a single second forced pvp to go through ALL pve content. ( which is a proof of it not beeing necessary for any pve system )
    That's a straight fact.

therefore forced pvp usage is only a personal choice / opinion on how you see the game compare to the game needing that to function ( like a ArcheAge ), thing you certainly on purpose refuse to understand ( lets consider despite your very bad faith as you want to impose your opinion, you still are intelligent enough )
    there is then no reasons to force a personal opinion on any players like the game currently do ( so you and other "owpvp-er" ( joke inside ) )

Exemple : the day the thorncastle will be out, since it use ( apparently ) pvp & pve in his design, it would make clearly zero sense to request a "no pvp" for that activity as its MADE to be play with pve AND pvp.
    Which is not the case for the entier BDO open world, as its only pve, and you only have a "pvp" option totaly apart

thoses guys try to solve grind spot bad design with something that is not made for that.

Its like using a colander when you dont have glass to take a drink

#207 woots, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  8. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

blablabla we had all of this already. Doesn't change the fact that this game has owpvp and it's a big part of many players ingame lifes.

9. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

How's that working for BDO? Last I checked, outside of AFKing, players questing, and the Endgame grind spots. The game was mostly devoid of player activity. It looked to me me you are either already a well established player, or you need not play the game. If MMO PvP was your goal that is. Both ESO and GW2 provide outstanding entry level profitable PvP for players that have played those games for less than a month. While BDO only offer PvP content to players who are pushing high gearscore. And we both now how off-putting the enhancement system is in this game.

sajdas likes this.
  10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

well, as much as im against gear gaps to be so important, and as much as t1 nodewars arent perfect, it is a place for lower geared people.

and most of the other content outside of pvp really doesnt force you into having specific gear besides being effective at certain activity.

there are people in my guild that make 0,5-1 bil per day just semi afk bartering while playing other games or doing other stuff on their pcs.

(imho, they should turn off autopathing for ships coz its ******** that u can just do that)

11. IWalkAlone

Exept that even at lvl 1 BDO offers more enjoying PvP than EDO and GW2.But thats a personal choice.

12. woots

It has a "owpvp", yet used only because player opinion, so doesnt change what i've said, it shouldnt be imposed on players not willing it as its not necessary at all for the game itself.

I know, you dont like that, but that's how it is

you still kinda "forced" to have a specific gear score for certain part of the pve, so apparently ( still didnt even started that ) the Agis journal thing ( supposely made for players not grinding a lot per day ) request you to go at star end

#212 woots, Apr 19, 2020
  13. PancakeRift

Thats a contradiction and a lie. Shouldnt speak on topics you have no knowledge on since you just said yourself "Still havnt started that"

Stars end can be done in a party so you can skull drag someone if they cant do it solo. Also the stars end only increases the Agris daily gain by 500. If you dont do the stars end because you are anti social or whatever you can still greatly benefit from Agris.

The reason why I said its a contradiction is because if you dont have the hours to sink into grinding, the loss of the exta 500 agris points a day shouldnt impact you at all.

So I think you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

AZzalor likes this.
  14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

thats the last upgrade for the journal and it isnt even needed to use agris system.

15. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

You can't PvP in BDO till lvl 50. It's not like GW2 or ESO where you can start to competitively PvP from Lvl 3 GW2 and Lvl 10 for ESO .

16. IWalkAlone

Realy ? What about duels ? ;)

17. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

In ESO at least I bare witnessed to a big brain Lvl 3 PvPer wrecking face with decent Max Level Max Geared PvPers in duels. It's a sight to behold. There was one time I got challenged to a duel at lvl 5 by a CP 810 player. It was a long fight but in the end I won. Damn my best PvP experiences comes from ESO and Eve Online.

18. PancakeRift

Im jealous tbh.

I wanna get into ESO so badly. Tried many times, I HATE the combat system and it is amplified due to being Australian. 400 ping minimum is the best we can do lmao

Every other aspect of that game is very well done though.

19. IWalkAlone

Ar you talking about this special build that yousualy you can kill 50 ppl alone ? Yeaaa great PvP game.And to me the worst is player animation and combat.That game would be great 20 years ago.Since we have gaems like TERA, B&S and BDO , ESO combat is real crap. HEll even Lineage 2 is beter in terms in combat. Dont get me wrong I had great hopes for ESO, I love the lore and the world, but combat system is nothing.I can leave with ugliness of player model, but combat is just terible.I sitll have it on my PC ant I try it every few months but every time I get major disapointment.
    But I dont spend my time on ESO forum complaining how bad it is.

AZzalor likes this.
  20. woots

Then i'am the only lying about that, now if players report wrong things in the forum that's not my fault. ( that's why i specified that i didnt started that, in case that wasnt, for any reasons what you need to do )

As for the contradiciton not really, its not because you dont grind a lot that just for the sake of beeing able to do it, you wouldnt want the necessary gear, even if sure you can party ( meaning you relying on player having the necessary gear -> you still need gear to run such "end game pve grind spot" )
    ( especialy with all the various way to get silver without grinding )

I dont argue for the sake of arguing, what i'am saying since the begining still is the same thing when it come to the forced pvp ( his none necessity in the game, mean shouldnt be forced ) i just go against somes user BS.
    Nor that players trying to come up with a "but you dont need gear, nor even play your class if its not for pvp", that's absurdity is kinda outstanding.

Alright but as its part of the journal, you it certainly have a use to run that
    Still doesnt change, in the end, you still need gear to go to the full pve if you want that. Not saying players can want gear just for the sake of having it.
    In general, saying you dont need gear if you dont plan to "pvp" is fully dumb tho.

#220 woots, Apr 19, 2020