1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO PvP: Why It's Good

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Belle Atwell, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Vortexii

I know right. It's like players that complain about PVE servers and other aspects when they have a PVP server just for them. It's like that PVP server doesn't fit their idea of a good game.

If there is anything to learn about life, it's clearly you should impose your ideas upon others. That always leads to great results.

Factorial likes this.
  2. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

If a lower geared player comes to your spot, out grind him, he will leave or waste his time, i only play bad when i have a ton of time to apare, if same gear duel him, if he doesn't want to leave after you beat him, let him waste his time, again i only play when i have enough time to nolife the game.

3. ZhenZhen

The funny part about this is he is wasting your time too especially if he is the same gear or plays a class that grinds quicker than yours. So unless you're a fan of wasting time you lose and even if you end up staying longer, the damage is already done in which he's probably cut your potential gains by about 30%.

4. PancakeRift

Why would I grind with someone if its just gonna hold my own progression back?

Flag up n dunk/get dunked is all the communication needed thanks to how the devs made this game. Do I like it? No. Though its clear the devs are making the shift given how many grind spots are now group spots

AZzalor likes this.
  5. PancakeRift

Grab isnt over powered though... This take is so common yet so god damn awful and brain dead

I play both grab and non-grab classes. The grab cucks you almost as much as it cucks your target. If you are unable to dodge a grab thats on you. Its always obvious when the average player is going in for a grab. Just because you dont "need grab" doesnt mean it needs to be deleted. It sounds like you are just an average or below average PvP player who legit has no idea how to read an opponent.

Now calling your opinion trash doesnt help the conversation. So ill extend an olive branch. Give every class a grab parry that if misused leaves you open for a counter attack. E.g - If you successful use the grab parry you knock down the grabber and it doesnt consume a CC point. If you use the grab parry at the wrong time it opens you up to be CC'ed (a locked stance or animation of the parry). This is a common mechanic in most fighting games to punish. I think it would fit very nicely within the game.

This adds an extra dimension to PvP. Further increasing the skill gap and plays.

6. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

And then have the player keep coming back to spot until you go negative, than come to forums to cry about the Karma system?

Seems like a great way to take or defend a spot, not!

Columba and Factorial like this.
  7. woots

yup all the time i've saw a red players and said it in the chat, no one cared about xD

BnS provide a far better combat system as their systems are well more rounded up in general, so class in the end actual have more identity as they included particular game mecanic / ressources management ( for exemple, assassin actualy use stealth for / in the skills mecanic / have new skill in stealth, unlike a kuno having a stealth as side skill just for the sake for beein stealthed and that's it )
    As much as BDO skill system is more pleasant to use in general because of key combo, so skill feeling / looking / animation. The game is still managing all class the same way with nothing really different aside for the "feeling" because skill animation / class look

heck mabinogi provide one of the deepest combat system i've play despite his very basic and oldschool management, so beeing less action-y / nervous

Dont get me wrong, i do enjoy using BDO class ( some of them ), as the game succeed to provide a very good feeling while using them. but, the combat absolutely extremly far to be the best. As PA fail utterly fail at beeing good for many details

And that not even speaking about game we dont have access here in the west that also provide "dynamic" combat, which also look as good as BDO ( and maybe better if they have deeper and better combat management ) -> moonlight blade - justice online.

#47 woots, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  8. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 30 NA

I still think what they should do (for non-arsha channels) is just add a respawn timer if you aren't decd on eachother. 1st death has no respawn timer, 2nd death 30 seconds or something short, 3rd 1 minute and 4th and beyond 5 minutes or something. If both players are flagged or decd though there is no respawn timer. They would hopefully also make it so that this only applies if the deaths occur in the same node region so that if someone is being killed they can't be followed and continue to be killed. This way karma bombing isnt really effective but killing other players is still punished. The entire karma/negative system is really outdated. The punishments for going negative karma are also weird, instead of gear downgrades, exp loss, and crystals breaking, it should be like you're unable to use CM and storage. It would also be cool if they added a symbol on the map in non desert regions for where red players are and if you kill a red player you get some sort of reward shrug.

9. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 30 NA

GL catching sorcs if that happens. Zerk vs Sorc would be even more depressing than it already is. If you set aside iframe classes though, making grab not go through FG wouldnt be something id mind, I think it might be a healthy change, but i do think grab deserves SA, and doubly so if that change was made :D

10. Vortexii

Let the truth be known to everyone

I have grinded 1000's of hours in various locations. The PVP contention ONLY applies when the design of an area is completely defective.

Historical Data

• Sausan
    • Pirates
    • Gahaz
    • Nagas
    • Polly
    These are examples of terrible design and with them comes an immense amount of toxicity. They are insufficient in supporting the player base which leads to bullying. It leads to a situation where EVERYONE complains. Defender, Bomber, Geared, New, doesn't matter everyone hates it.

When grinding in locations that support MORE players this problem is alleviated. Also in areas where PKING has a lot more penalty there are far less problems.

I can often grind for hours or even days without an incident in better locations. End game areas that yield very results. However, if you go to certain popular areas that only support 1-2 people it's a never ending petty squabble.

This IS NOT what Pearl Abyss wanted. It was clear from the very beginning. People like to IGNORE their statements and only focus on the PVP contention, but Pearl Abyss clearly stated they where concerned players would not find this fun.

And guess what the PVPers HATE IT, the Casuals HATE IT, and everyone in between HATES IT.

Most lower players will never get to experience grinding a nice location without having the constant nuisance created by Pearl Abyy's failure to design the game correctly.

Gimp likes this.
  11. LightningFFXIII-4

BDO has the worst and imbalanced PVP in any MMO i ever played. It's so bad, even Velia RBF 4 is no longer worth visiting.

To win PVP in this game you just need:

- Tons of Gear
    - A good computer that can run the game over 100+ FPS
    - A payout carried guild

Surprisingly, the 3rd one is the most important. Most Payout Carried guilds are swimming in silver so much they barely have to grind at all and just spend majority of their free time practicing PVP in the Battle Arena. Plus these guys will turn on the speedhacks and instantly kill you or chug expensive whale tendons if they start losing.

Really not worth it. If you want PVP in a MMO, go play GW2. Even FFXIV's PVP is better than BDO and FFXIV's PVP is kinda clunky with the tab targetting.

12. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

There is owpvp, how can you say it is not intended that players have to fight for spots? The only other option is that flagging is indeed just for killing random players while they afk ride.

AZzalor likes this.
  13. Rügenwalder Pommersche

yea that would be cool

it has nothing to do with me "not dodging the grab", alone the presence of said grab makes sa trading against certain classes a lot harder, u cant use long animation skills cos u are locked in them and u can get grabbed. u have to adapt to the grab class (which isnt a bad thing, everyone should be able to adapt, but the grab class doesnt need to go for the grab he can keep it and it basically just becomes a mindgame but as the grab class u hve the upper hand. i wouldnt drop a single tear if they removed grabs, but if it doesnt happen it doesnt affect me either it was just my thought and my opinion on why i dislike grabs as a cc in this game

14. Vortexii

It was explicitly stated Pearl Abyss was unsure about whether the players would enjoy it. It's not a black/white issue. That means to what degree, how many, how much abuse. Furthermore, PA also announced awakenings where a huge mistake. They destroyed the game at a fundamental level. Areas that supported 8 players would now only support 2 people.

Also, clearly the players didn't like it.
    • Exp upon death removed
    • Karma Increased
    • Harsher penalties for pking
    • PVP removed from Bosses, Events, Summoning, Newbie Channel and now Seasonal.

15. primal

Counter of FG ? >>>> Dmg and AOEs
    Counter of SA ? >>>> Grabs
    Counter of grabs ? >>>> Iframes and resistances
    (Not only u can ez evade heavily telegraphed and stationary skillz like Said grabs with iframes but some classes seem able to get out of grabs with the good timing because dsync or whatever unknown meca like waking up instantly from kds with iframes)

It's as simple as that , classes have grabs , others have lots of skills protected to the bone , others have iframes+grabs+protected rotations.
    Usually just work around it ffs i play succ zerk and i don't complain while all classes i meet iframes out of my so called OP grabs
    I perfectly know there IS classes i should never win against otherwise game wouldnt be properly balanced.

Now bois what's the counter of iframes ? Lel ye u found the issue there

AZzalor likes this.
  16. Vortexii

You literally said there are classes you should never win against and called that properly balanced.

17. primal

If u think every class should beat everyone why would WE need different classes in the first place ?

AZzalor likes this.
  18. primal

Plus i said that while being succ zerk which is utter bs for PvP right now so it was more of a conscious statement ^^

19. Vortexii

The only real discussion would be what the threshold is.

40-60
    38-62
    35-65

At some point if a class dips to low it's just poor design. No one is asking for every fight to be 50-50.

primal likes this.
  20. primal

Indeed sir