1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO PvP: Why It's Good

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Belle Atwell, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Vortexii

That is one of the only places RNG really needs to exist and it's not a bad thing. The community as a whole has a really bad misunderstanding of what "chance" can do in combat. They want to just always win because "I did my combo I should win".

Instead you should be acting/counter acting to what is happening in the fight. Changing defense, aggressive according to the situation. There really isn't much of that in BDO. It's I landed CC, the fights over, done, next............ when that should be PART of the fight not the end.

You should be slowing/snaring an opponent when you feel you have the advantage or they are in the protection/run position. That may be they used all their CC and FAILED. So they want to get away, charge up.

The problem is NONE of this works when everyone can essentially Lahn their way into 100 miles away in 3 seconds. None of these nuances or tactics will work. With so much mobility your only chance to ever do anything is INSTANT DEATHS everywhere.

2. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

How can someone be so wrong. Just the exstience of flagging proves that fighting was intended. And unless you tell me that PA wants people to kill afk horse riders, it was most certainly made to fight for resources. Karma only exists so you dont randomly kill people, especially back in the day when you lost exp for dying in pvp.

AZzalor likes this.
  3. Vortexii

That is a good question, how can YOU be so wrong? How do you not get the LOGIC behind those statements?
    It seems pretty clear.

You are supposed to FIGHT for resources. Yet in the current system you literally CAN'T in most areas.
    PKing someone that spawns nearby is completely ineffective.

That means you essentially CAN NOT EVEN fight over an area.

The best part is In the few places YOU CAN it's disgustingly worse. It can turn into a Cash Shop Tear Fest where EVERY PK is essentially covered up by cash shop items or players have to abuse mob feeding.

At NO POINT ANYWHERE does this system work for anyone lol.

It's EVEN WORSE than that. This is all needless and if these players actually wanted to fight for a spot they should go to Arsha. YET MOST PLAYERS STILL COMPLAIN about that even though it's what they CLAIM they want.

4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

...How does Arsha address the body flinging issue? Despite all the other glaring issues that are likely to remain.

AZzalor likes this.
  5. Vortexii

Because on many occasions I have dominated on Arsha and done the exact thing everyone claims this game is supposed to be built for. Knocking everyone out of your way so you can selfishly enjoy the PVE content all by yourself ;)

BDO isn't an MMO built to create relationships and a friendly online experience. It's a cash shop sht hole ;)

Jupiter Raynes likes this.
  6. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

Youre right, you cant really fight over a spot. You know why? Because there is no punishment for losing but karma punishes you for winning.

AZzalor likes this.
  7. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

If you don't care about karma, arsha is same as every other server. Bodythrowing in general is the problem and funnily enough, it happens just as much on arsha as it happens on normal servers. That's ok tho as arsha was kinda meant for that. What's not ok is, is that bodythrowing can be used as a weapon. But that's what those pro-pve server people don't understand. Karma is not the issue, bodythrowing is and without a rework of owpvp, no extra server with special rules will change that.

I advocate for giving a players life back some value to deter players from just throwing the life away. A mmo with owpvp can't work when the life of a player has no value at all.

Aaarggghhh and Kynreaa like this.
  8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Not having group content is also a direction correlation to the issue as well..Cause usually that too would be used as a negotiation tactic, and eliminate the need to even compete for a majority of the games resources. But the Devs screwed the pooch with that one.

So, yea I would get along with making grouping a thing as well, and more group friendly features and areas that support the existing systems.
    Simple solutions such as getting rid of the exp penalties, and allowing a much broader distance between players in a node would go along ways to solving the issue as well.

sajdas and Fearless V like this.
  9. Mana_Mafia

You are nuts if you think the Karma system isn't punishing enough.

It should be removed.

10. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

[​IMG]

11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

That was pretty comical...but yea, it was, and is removed. Arsha channel remember.

Fearless V likes this.
  12. Mana_Mafia

Make additional Arsha channels. There is only one and legitimate players can't hope to contest all the siege guild exploiters there.

Pond is too small.

13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Well, i dont know whats its like now then...That is a massively game breaking issue.

14. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

So because siege guild exploiters push you out of Arsha. You want to push everyone else out of the normal channels? That would be very bad business for Kakao and Pearl Abyss. Because if that was to happen. Honestly speaking I can see at least 50% of the playerbase leaving BDO. Because they can't do anything without people like yourself griefing them. Because no punishment for PK griefing.

You might as well be telling low geared and new players they don't belong playing BDO at all. That in order to get into BDO now, they must either illegally buy a already geared account. Or spend about a minimal of $7,000 to be viable to be able to fight against players like yourself to grind or lifeskill.

15. woots

The moment you will understand that its more an grind spot gamedesign issue than a actual wish for "compet for ressource" ( sorry but just lol ), so that you actualy own nothing at all in the open world as everything is meant to be for anyone.
    So that "body flinging" can only be a thing if you are unable to control yourself, or unable to think about a better way to "short-circuit" thoses wanna be troll. Using what the game give you instead of beeing entilted with a forced pvp that will never bring you anythng that wasting your time.

Tbh you are just not smart enough at "fighting for ressources"' since you take the litteral mean of "figthing" and you beat your head on it. At this point, all your trouble come from you. ( as much as the pve so grind spot design is indeed bad )

I personaly never used the forced pvp, and i never had issue to "have want i wanted". Just saying.

At this point you are like a guy absolutely willing to cut his meat with a spoon and then be annoyed that the spoon doesnt correctly cut the meat.

16. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

Ah there it is again. The best argument: "You decided to flag". What about: "You left the safe zone"? So you found other ways to get what you want, which is not litteral fighting? Let me guess, you were just standing in someones rotation, maybe karmabombing, until they left?

Mana_Mafia, AZzalor and Kynreaa like this.
  17. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

When I have a steak..I can cut it with a spoon, and like it that way.
    Seem you just prefer to steal other peoples steak, and laugh in their face while you eat it, and you want to be able to do it with impunity.

Or to undo your analogy, hogging resources with impunity. You prolly enjoy the way it is now..it gives you power doesent it?..The ability to steal others labor, and laugh as they are forced to relocate. Calling your self innovative.

#117 Kynreaa, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    AZzalor likes this.
  18. Vortexii

How does killing other players make more resources available to the community? How does it improve the situation at all?

19. woots

Dont need to grief anything to have most players leave tho, already talked about that somewhere
    Also, ""karmabombing" sorry but i dont have the power to mind control another player and have him waste his karma killing my character

i said that "fighting" isnt only through forced pvp, as so much here seem to think.

then you shouldnt question the way to are entilted to use that lead to nothing and make you "unhappy"

another proof you only see things in a very very restricted way, i dont look for "power" i only look to not waste my game time with very childish "fight" ( especialy when thoses are so badly pointless and useless, as it only cater weak ego that need to show off their "glorious power" )
    I never had any issue to have players do their quest, so kill a lot of mobs where i grinded regulary during the SP boost event at polly, i actualy never had ( and still have ) issue if a player isnt a d#ck to split a grind spot for everyone have his share.

You have your head so deep down your "everything have to be mine" #ss that you are unable to even consider you have plenty of others way to deal with things.
    Not saying you mistake : not letting other step on your foot with necessary looking to """"grief"""" so beeing on purpose a dumb #ss like most pker are

Yet, ofc, if players are d#ck and directly come pk without a words / try to "mob feed", try to actualy KS, then sure, i'am also going to be a real d#ck, and since the game doesnt give all power to thoses agressive pker, yup they dont "win" with their sad forced pvp.

Also, what "labor" stop make it look like BDO provide a deep involvement in whatever occupation it "provide"

I'am nothing innovative, i only play by the game rules, i'am only not entilted with forced pvp as its so freaking useless in that game.

#119 woots, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    Fearless V likes this.
  20. ZhenZhen

So the problem in your eyes is solved with a single pvp server with no risk for dying that is a cesspit where everyone just throws themselves at each other? The only reason you'd go there is to grind in a uncontested spot because all the contested ones are going to have incredibly geared players probably decked out in full caphras pen gear including accessories. That's about it. If I wanted to duel all day I'd go to the battle arena not Arsha. Like I said Arsha isn't a solution to the actual problem. If pvp is going to be completely open there needs to be risk.

"Bash the game for no reason at all" lmfao. Anyone who's played this game since it launched knows the pvp system in this game is dog **** and has called it out in their own way. The fact of the matter is, I should be able to kill anyone anywhere on any server with reasonable karma loss. Karma bombing wouldn't exist if there was an actual punishment for dying. Plain and simple.

Mana_Mafia and AZzalor like this.