1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO PvP: Why It's Good

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Belle Atwell, Apr 9, 2020.

1. woots

Just a simple question.

Arsha is a channel with emphasis put on what many are supposed to look for = PvP,
    then now, why everyone is so entilted with classic channel, as you could insist to have arsha rules be changed to have the "owpvp" you are all dreaming about ?

2. Vortexii

What you say: I should be able to kill anyone anywhere on any server

What you do: you'd go there is to grind in a uncontested spot because all the contested ones are going to have incredibly geared players probably decked out in full caphras pen

Well then, the answer is simple. You are unmotivated, simply not inspired enough to compete with the best. (Not to mention you completely lie and assume everyone on Arsha is geared), but the problem is simply YOU. GIT GUD KID

3. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Wrong. What we do not want is bodythrowing and on arsha it is as present, maybe even more than on normal servers. Karma is not the problem, bodythrowing is and that's not solved by arsha.

Give back value to a players life so you won't just throw it way.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  4. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

HARSHER PENALTIES FOR PKing!

5. woots

You really need to start read again, you are so off what i've just said

6. Factorial

People keep mistaking the flap up feature as a "must" instead of an "option" too much. If the whole idea was to fight for resources, there would be a system in place that definitely gives the winner of a fight the resource in question. As it is and ever was, there is no such system. You could fight over a resource for days on end, but there is no guarantee who gets it unless both parties come to some mutual agreement.

What we know that definitively exist is this: there is a system that always heavily punishes the aggressor of a PVP encounter while the victim simply loses time.

7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Are we going on the basis that the game is NOT designed to compete for resources? If so then this whole conversation devolves to nothing in my opinion, and I see no point in even trying to negotiate balance with what I FEEL< me personally, is a situation in this game.

If we are on the basis that it is meant to compete for resources... Then iv offered plenty of solutions..such as freeing up the restrictions on grouping, Also different components to the missing "Y" mechanic that should prevent people from body flinging as a solution to problems, reasons why the market needs to allow all pearl items, and even sympathize with the reason people are even angry at those who exploit, etc etc.

What we have now is a fiasco...and until the community comes to an agreement on anything..nothing will ever be solved. Cause at the moment PA's solution to pvp was Arsha, and their solution to PvE channel was seasonal, and if you stuck around for it, and dealt with it, you agree with it.

AZzalor likes this.
  8. Factorial

There are many things I don't know. One thing that I know for sure is that we all have here is opinion and conjecture. The game is open to interpretation here regarding any of its nuances. Unless pearl abyss clearly states something one way or the other, these conversations are all opinions, which is why we have endless arguments on here. Otherwise, none of us would be arguing anything.

So yeah, I am going to say my opinion > yours and you can do the same, then we can go round and round. If you have concrete facts that say otherwise, state them. However, do not state your interpretations or opinions as facts. That's where I always draw the line, time and again.

Vanraven likes this.
  9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

My point is to arrive at solutions..things we as a community can at least agree on to pretend to present as a want to make the game better.
    Its gotta start somewhere.

Factorial likes this.
  10. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Harsher penalities for dying no matter what. Then we can speak about harsher penalities for pking. No penalities for dying -> no penalities for pking.

Mana_Mafia, Diazine and Fearless V like this.
  11. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Agreed but only if both parties suffer more penalties not one or the other.

IWalkAlone and Mana_Mafia like this.
  12. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Yes, that's how it should be.
    Pking should be something dangerous that you won't randomly use and should be the last resort (after trying to talk or trying other solutions), but at the same time the use of it shouldn't be nearly useless but also pose a threat to the one getting pked so bodythrowing is discouraged.

IWalkAlone and Mana_Mafia like this.
  13. woots

You still couldnt really apply penalty to pked players in the current game situation ( gear2win & powercreep friends ) otherwise you would only advantage higher geared players, or like at the time of xp lose, promote various pk actual griefing

Unless all that is only set for a Arsha charge. As its a actual real player choice go play there, whatever players consensus about thoses penalty is going to be fine.

or unless they also rework tons of setting especialy the progression one, so scroll, set a tons of variation because level / GS difference... etc etc.
    That would not even speaking about the normal setting to lead the pvp carott outside of the grind spot ( like they are apparently doing with the thorncastle to provide the actual first pvpve activity since 5years ).

14. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

People keep mistaking the leave safe zone feature as a "must" instead of an "option" too much.

And yes, there was such a system at the very beginning. Loser lost exp.

Exactly. So you dont think something is wrong with a feature that has 0 benefits? Not even a trade-off? Why should I be punished if the "victim" loses nothing, as you just said? "Victim" because the guy getting attacked can be the aggressor too.

15. Factorial

I am sorry, you don't seem to understand that killing someone = a criminal act in the world of BDO. Do you think you were supposed to be rewarded for doing a criminal act in BDO? You people play a game and don't even understand the fundamental aspects of the game.

Let me make it real clear to you: outside of mutual PVP (i.e. RBF, battle arena, node wars, etc.) you have the option to kill someone in BDO. Killing someone in BDO is considered a criminal act. Kill someone and you get smashed for it. Again: stop confusing "must" with "optional" so much.

I would go on to explain why a victim of a criminal act deserves no further punishment, but that might be too advance at this point considering you don't understand what killing someone in BDO entails.

16. ZhenZhen

Yeah, you are right. It's still just one server though. I think if they're going to enable pvp in this game to begin with they should address the problems with the pvp system so things are good across all servers.

If you wanted to pop a loot scroll you'd go to an uncontested spot on Arsha because you aren't going to be able to at the endgame main spots. Your grind will get disrupted making grinding on Arsha a net loss to your overall gains vs the main servers. Anyone in the popular endgame spots are incredibly geared. That's not an assumption.

Only a moron would come to those conclusions after reading my post.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  17. woots

tbf, i doubt there is that much players that want this """pvp""" ( especialy that "forced pvp" mainly used by thoses willing to pve alone ) despite what some of thoses forced pvp user look to make look like.

They should run first their whatever "meaningfull pvp rules" ( whatever if mean for thoses players, even if many have a pretty clear idea of what they want... winkwink nudgenudge ) on arsha to have them actual go live there.
    ( and whatever rule they would look for would be fine as entereting Arsha is a real choice, unlike the stay locked at 49 or else )

Across all channels, that pretty useless, as that forced pvp serve nothing in game aside from an opinion ( and a ego boosting for thoses easyly killing lower geared players )
    As i said many time, that game isnt like an ArcheAge where open world actual is fully incorporated in the game.

18. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I doubt there are many who don't want it. The few who don't want it are uninformed players that came into the game not knowing it.

So yeah, just making such a statement has no value. Unless you bring actual numbers, refrain from making comments without any proof.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  19. woots

Even if all forced pvp user want it, still doesnt change what i've said, even more important as that forced pvp isnt used in any single game system, which is a real fact despite forced pvp players user opinion of it beeing necessary for them to pve alone ( Again, BDO isnt a ArcheAge with a "owpvp" fully included in his various pve system )
    There is then no reasons to have it more "impactfull" ( / annoying ) as it is for all playing the game as it is : a pve game with a isolated side option.

Tho, as i said, changing that for Arsha channel ( even if they add more version of it, if it ever become that crowed in the situation where you would apply whatever penalty no one really spoke about aside from enforcing pker power by only applying penalty on pk-ed player ) would make more sense, as it would become a real choice. And it shouldnt be otherwise, As again, its a side option only serving an opinion about "how to play", but not a single pve system making it really part of the game.
    So as long as its a choice to play with or without, without limiting any pve progression, that's fine.

My statement is perfectly fine ( even tho the "i doubt" unless you really have trouble with words meaning, actualy state a guess / opinion, therefore i dont need proof to use an opinion ), and still match the logical path i follow since the begining.

But hey ! go battle to have Arsha rule changed to have your dreamed forced pvp owpvp stuff, and then having it overcrowed to the point where they should multiply that channel, and end with thoses becoming the majority in BDO. That would actualy proove me that there is more forced pvp-er than players willing to only stick with a peacefully BDO pve / dedicated pvp modes ( siege - node - castle ) So that my guess was wrong. Until then i still stand by it.
    As forcing any forced pvp change for everyone would proove nothing.

#139 woots, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  20. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 30 NA

Arsha is 1 channel. If everyone who agreed with me decided to go arsha it would be way too crowded. Them making 6 arsha channels like how they have for other channels would help the situation a bit. I don't really see why you take such a big issue with PKing. You lose nothing at all for dying after they removed exp loss and the penalties for PKing can be pretty harsh. Ive known a fair amount of people who go red after getting annoyed with someone griefing their rotation then once they go red the persons guildies come out and kill the person causing them to lose hundred of millions of silver inc crystals. But like I said, restricting use of town storage and central market outside of muiquun might be an interesting idea to add. Right now it's exactly as @Kynreaa said. There's the X but no Y. Punishment for PKers but no punishment for griefers or karmabombers. Right now something absolutely needs to be done bc karmabombing and griefing have absolutely 0 punishment and the person on the other end has absolutely no protection against other than just leaving their rotation anytime someone shows up. Adding a respawn timer is a way to protect against Kbombing/griefing. Its a punishment without actually punishing those players. Unless exp loss on death is something that would be preferred by the community, then PKer or grinder, if you die you're the one getting punished XO