1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation BDO randomly closes without further message

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Novacore, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Aidzi

Disable windows defender and firewall

2. xTB_Kenshin

My game is crashing randomly for the past two days and support is no help at all. No, drivers are NOT an issue. No, my ISP is NOT the issue either. Some files are corrupt and I hate to write tickets to get the same stupid response over and over. I have multi-checked everything you can possibly find in the knowledge database and guess what, game just crashed 2 minutes ago again. I was processing in calpheon and writing in discord, then I saw the client close ( I have two screens).

It was no disconnect because disconnects make everything despawn and it takes a couple minutes for the game to close. But it instantly crashes. It happens at any time, day and night.

Please acknowledge that there is some error with the client and stop telling people to reinstall their entire system.

3. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Can you record a short clip of the crash as it occurs, if you can replicate it?

4. Ajow

And HOW is that a secure option for anyone with any good sense?

DO NOT DISABLE YOUR FIREWALL OR WINDOWS DEFENDER FOR ANYONE!

5. Aidzi

kek, this fixed all my issues with afk disconnects
    Windows defender is useless, better to instal good software for security than using THIS

6. Shuqui

game disconnect me after 1 minute that im log in after the patch

7. Ajow

Same here. But I get the Application error xcoronahost.xem crash, Shuqui, did you get disconnected that way?

8. Ajow

Application error xcoronahost.xem crash

I may have a work-around my guild leader Guild leader, Mattrius_Clan (MySali), Guild: Fallen Forge (Serendia 6), and I, came up with and have tested and so far (eight hours in and still working) may be a basic work-around for the others having the same issue until they come out with a patch. (IF EVER).

Not sure it will work for everyone, but I am one of the people on the threads that was a human guinea pig for CS and nothing they gave me worked AT ALL! So, if you are like me, this may work for you.

Reminder: First posted:
    Same here:

Steam Client!

Windows version
    : Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Xigncode3 version: 73662
    What action are you performing when the error occurs: Fishing, processing, questing, training, and not doing anything.
    Interval in which the error occurs: Between 10 minutes and 30 minutes.

Creates a Debug screen followed by a Crash to Desktop.

Please help!

#17 Ajow, Sep 6, 2018

Here's the work-around that has me still on as I type this out. Remember this is for Windows 7

1. Close the Game Client. Steam included (if your using Steam).

2. Open Microsoft Windows Defender

3. Make sure your up to date with your definitions, if not, do that first. (if you had to update your definitions go ahead and reboot your computer, leaving BDO and or Steam (or both) off.

4. Re-open Microsoft Windows Defender, click on Settings.

4a. Go to "Excluded files and locations", click in 'File locations': Then CLICK "Browse"

ADD the following files:
    1. xxd-0.xem (found in Black Desert Online\bin64\xc\na\1\xxd-0.xem) "CLICK ADD"
    2. xxd-0.xem (found in Black Desert Online\bin64\xc\na\2\xxd-0.xem) "CLICK ADD"
    3. xcoronahost.xem (found in Black Desert Online\bin64\xc\na\2\xcoronahost.xem) "CLICK ADD"
    4. BlackDesert64.exe (found in Black Desert Online\bin64\BlackDesert64.exe) "CLICK ADD"
    5. BlackDesert64.dat (found in Black Desert Online\bin64\BlackDesert64.dat) "CLICK ADD"

5. Save Changes.

6 Close and re-boot.

Open your game! Cross your fingers...I'm running and fully operational at this moment. Remember, if they patch anything you may have to go in and redo this or delete the additions depending on what (OR IF EVER) they show us some love.

NOTES:
    If your using Steam these can be found on the drive you have hosting your Steam application; such that [disk drive]:Steam\SteamApps\Common\Black Desert Online

I hope this helps at least one of my brother and sisters who are languishing in misery while their Value Packs disintegrated.

9. Vanadiel

So far so good in Velia for 4 days straight. Tried today in Heidel, and while it did not disconnect me I was hung up inside the game, unable to move my character or get of my wagon. I had to switch to another character and back.
    I was not the only one and noticed multiple other wagons stuck in strange places, but only in that same area of Heidel.

I am still convinced it is something to do with that specific location in Heidel.

I am going to back to Velia for the night so I don't waste hours of AFK horse training.

10. Saffor

My game is closing after ~1 hr when sent to tray while training a horse in Velia.

It happens since 1 week and when I restart, I am always near the same spot.

I can provide the crash dumps, where to send them?

Btw I also tried to switch to Heidel and had the character freeze there instead yesterday.

11. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

My friend had the same problem after his windows updated , mybe if u havent tried it , uninstall latest windows update

12. Cpt Nemo Kolkozy

From this patch i have only problems.
    First i wasn't able to patch. Second i wasn't able to do new installation due to crc error on some dlls. After i manage to do new installation and manage to do patching.... now game crashes on character swap without any error on screen.

This is so fck frustrating, before patch game was working well.

edit:
    Finally i found the reason of all problems. It was my wifi connection that cause most likely CRC errors. Btw game luncher doesn't have any protection against that ??? In the same time i was able to install and run other games and programs, also instalations that is why i was disoriented.

#292 Cpt Nemo Kolkozy, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  13. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

There are some steps , but i think u should try to do the dns flush n netsh reset , plus change ur dns to 9 9 9 9 and the do a clean boot , and delete bin folder n game luncher n then verify it .
    I had similar issues i tried many things but now its fixed , if u want i list it for u

14. Cpt Nemo Kolkozy

Finally i found the reason of all problems. It was my wifi connection that cause most likely CRC errors. Btw game luncher doesn't have any protection against that ??? In the same time i was able to install and run other games and programs, also instalations that is why i was disoriented.

Pointis likes this.
  15. Pointis

Pointis Wizard 62 EU

Yes, game randomly closes in tray only over WIFI. Have exactly the same problem. And I already asked in other threads where similar problems like this are discussed if anyone having theese problems also is on WIFI but I got no answer. :(

16. Vanadiel

I am not on wifi, but wired, with no lost packets.
    There is a level 3 node I posted the winMTR logs for that is dropping packets.
    But as with any of those providers, it's virtually impossible as a consumer to get a hold of them.

The node I noticing issues with is 4.68.111.69. All other node are perfect besides the 4 in front of the game server, but they always have shown 100% packet loss.

If you notice that same node you can try e-mailing support, but they will tell you it's normal and it's ddos protection. Never mind all the others are fine without packet loss and it's just that single node...
    I already tried support, maybe you have better luck.
    Contacting level 3 directly is virtually impossible and they will ignore you anyways.

#296 Vanadiel, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  17. Vanadiel

I had the freeze in Heidel also yesterday, but I have been overnight in Velia without any issues.
    And just as I have observed, crashes are always near the same spot. That cannot be a coincidence because you are noticing the same thing now.
    For me Heidel AFK horsing is not working, Velia is.
    I use Valencia 6 server, maybe try that server and see if it changes anything?

18. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa EU

Is it real that the game is worse and worse with every patch?!

Ajow and Pointis like this.
  19. Ajow

Back to Crashing! Sorry. Uninstalled Game.. Simply Done with IT. YOU WIN PA!

20. Alagare

O.o have the same problem and they cant fix it ...LOL

Ajow likes this.