1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation BDO randomly closes without further message

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Novacore, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Skidge

I am experiencing the same issue and thought I would add my name to the growing list. I can play for about 30 mins to about an hour. After that, the game crashes. If I try to log back in, when I hit the button to connect to a server, the game starts to rapidly eat up memory. I can see it doing this by opening the windows task manager and watching the memory in use by the black desert application grow very fast until it uses up 100 % of system memory. At this point, the game stops / shuts down with the error "client will be terminated due to lack of memory".

The work-around for the time being (or at least what works for me) is that I can delete all files in my game cache folder. This lets me back into the game for 30 mins or so, but after that the game crashes, the same issue repeats and I need to do the same thing all over again.

This all appears to be new behavior since the last update, perhaps may have started around the time they introduce the koi with the new fishing event, although it appears to happen to me even when I am not in the fishing area, so who knows?

2. Snechar

I love it, a fair number of players can't stay connected for more than 30 mins and at the same they they release a fishing event where are you make the same amount of money as Gyfin if you active fish. And the funny part is we are most probably not gonna get any compensation.
    It's been over 4 days since the last time a GM communicated with us about this problem.

3. Eques3n

Eques3n Guardian 63 NA

The problem lately is the new patch re-introduced a very large memory leak. To fix it you have to delete the items in the cache folder and reboot your computer. How do I know? Look here:

https://community.blackdesertonline...er-game-eats-up-98-of-ram-and-crashes.178980/

TarkusBlack likes this.
  4. Snechar

@Dauthus This thread is about:

18-04-13 19:10:18 0x321C-00-1 eErrNoServiceLog(Service log!): setEndGame : 8
    18-04-13 19:10:18 0x321C-00-1 eErrNoServiceLog(Service log!): setEndGame()
    18-04-13 19:10:18 0x20E0-00-1 --(--): [SC]종료 중입니다. 시작
    18-04-13 19:10:18 0x20E0-00-1 eErrNoServiceLog(Service log!): setEndGame : 12

Which means that the game decides to close itself for no reason, so please, keep the problems separated .

TarkusBlack likes this.
  5. ObiWanBonomi

Same here. Have a monster PC, dual Nvidia GTX1080, latest drivers on everything. Cleared all the cache folders. No luck. Just randomly come back to check on my AFK and the client is gone; no error, nothing.

Xign: 71964
    Nvidia: 391.35

#125 ObiWanBonomi, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  6. DemonNinja

I too have been having this issue. My game will just randomly freeze for a second and then completely crash to desktop with no error code or anything presented. Its very frustrating.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  7. Nuonii

Nuonii Daralyn Guardian EU

Same here. But only at the Ellie's Mystical Lake event area.
    My game will simply shut down without any errors. This happens when:
    - I open one of the lootboxes from the event at that location.
    - At server reset (reward tab opens but then the game shuts down immediately).
    - At random intervals when fishing.

8. lovemints

Been getting random crashes since the latest patch as well. Although the game client doesn't give any error msg, when I checked under event viewer-applications, shows faulting application path: "Black Desert Online\bin64\XC\NA\2\xcoronahost.xem"
    I've deleted xcoronoahost.xem and had the launcher reload it via repair. Let's see how that goes

9. Bythmir

I am also experiencing this issue. It only happens at the event festival.

I've tried

Upping PageFile to 32gb
    Deleting Cache and UserCache folders
    Installing new drivers
    Rolling back to Jan 29th nvidia drivers

I'm about to try

Deleting the "Black Desert Online\bin64\XC\NA\2\xcoronahost.xem" followed by a full game repair like the above user suggested

10. Veldrane

Same here....

No crash, no msg... just game shut down after some time afk fishing. Nice to have this issue just when a money fishing event is going. Time is random
    between 30 minutes and 2 hours....

#130 Veldrane, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  11. Evaerys

Encountering the same issue. I'll go to sleep or go AFK, come back and check my client in the tray and it'll just be gone with no error or disconnect notice at all. This problem was heavily amplified when I tried to play Sea of Thieves as well somehow with the game closing itself constantly.

12. Snechar

Still crashing after the recent quickfix

13. NinnaNanna

I confirm just now after the hotfix:
    same episodes reported in recent days and well before the fishing event.
    Random crash - with or without error message - two within half an hour either - after which impossible to re-enter in game because it closes again after a few seconds this time with the error "disconnected from server" - everything is repeated 4 5 times then it stops - for now.

For the record I was far from the pond-koi...
    I'm discouraged and for today I'm not sending another ticket ... for today

14. Lucifair

Lucifair Warrior 60 NA

Hotfix was about as effective as your support. Aka useless.

15. Serimorph

I came back after a month or 2 break. Nothing had changed on my PC and yet I get this errorless crash within 30 seconds of the game being open. Hotfix did nothing and if anything I crash quicker than before. Deleted cache, uninstalled, updated drivers and nothing has helped. This phrase gets thrown about a lot but currently the game is literally unplayable for me.

16. Morigane

Still crashing. Please fix this asap.

17. TeoTeoo

Still not working, 18.4.2018 patch just did something wrong with my Bdo, worked perfectly till this patch. I deleted Cache folder several times aswell.
    Game freezes and it uses all my memory CPU. Must close it manually with start task manager... sometimes it throws me out of the game without any warning aswell

18. Fooba

Still crashing, only seems to be happening in very populated areas. Grinded for about an hour no issues. Get ready to goto bed and AFK fish at the event 2 seconds in and game crash

19. 『Flux』

Although it takes a little longer to crash after the hotfix, it's still crashing for me in the tray.

20. Veldrane

Here we go again!!!... tonite after 2 hours afk fishing, the same crash. No msg, no error....just gone. Great news during an AFK money event.