1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response BDO reboots pc on HIGH settings

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by KsRazoran, Jun 1, 2020.

1. KsRazoran

So a few days ago bdo keeps crashing my pc (since 30-05-2020). Every time i select my character after starting the game my screen goes black and my pc loses power and will try to restart 2 or 3 times before actually fully restarting.
    I never had this problem before but now i can only run this game on the lowest settings for it not to crash.
    my pc specs are:
    I7 4790K (no OC)
    NVIDIA 1080
    16 GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    650W PSU

anyone also having this problem or know a way to fix this?

2. Stealthe

A game file or setting probably got corrupted,try the file check tool or reinstalling the game

3. Andaro

Ambassador

If your machine is turning off (loosing power?) that is typically denotative of a hardware issue.
    I would suggest running diagnostic utilities on your machine including some stress tests to ensure no hardware issues.
    The folks over at LinusTechTips community can offer greater technical hardware support advice into these types of situations.

4. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

sounds like PSU problems.

Stealthe likes this.
  5. Stealthe

I dont dont think he meant its litterally losing power but that its crashing and restarting which any fatal error such as a memory leak can do

6. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

High settings+ good PC + low ( yes 650 is a joke for this specs) PSU = not enough power.

7. Stealthe

Unless hes running sli its plenty

8. KsRazoran

Yea i am starting to think so as well as i have tested several games now and my pc rebooted on them as well so i think it time for a better PSU.
    but usually 650 should be enough since i am running this setup for a few years now without problems but maybe it has a leak somewhere now.
    i will remove the PSU tomorrow and check (probably also replacing it with another one to see the difference).

9. KsRazoran

I have run every utility and stress test i can think of and everything seems fine CPU and GPU don't exceed 60 degrees as well and are about 2 years old now.

10. KsRazoran

Nope only 1

11. meisanerd

How old is your PSU? Does your computer make a clicking noise when it loses power? 650W should be fine for what you have, but if it is an older one, it might not be able to handle its full power rating anymore, and safety features are tripping it off.

You could try running an overclocking testing utility that pegs both the CPU and GPU at the same time, and see if that replicates the issue.

12. Stealthe

13. KsRazoran

I have tried the program HeavyLoad for like 20 minutes and it seemed stable to me with no crashes. But maybe i could try something different?

14. KsRazoran

15. Stealthe

From what you said in the op and that where its crashing is before the game has even loaded yet.

The only intensive things it is doing at that point is loading data from your ssd to your ram.

If it was a hardware issue it would be with one of those 2.

However the fact that it only does it in that one scenario points more toward something corrupted and likely causing a memory error and shutting down.

Even 4 ssd's only add about 10w total and that only while in use

16. KsRazoran

I see. I will try to reinstalling the game right now.
    If this doesn't fix it i will also put a new pair of RAM sticks in tomorrow to see if that fixes it.

#16 KsRazoran, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  17. Stealthe

I would even delete the games directory first to make sure the installer doesnt doe to reuse any files

18. KsRazoran

I am reinstalling it in another drive because BDO isn't the only game that causes the problem

19. Andaro

Ambassador

Have you installed the latest windows updates?
    Some folks have been having major issues with a variety of Windows updates, including what you described.....

:PepeThink:

Good call from Stealthe on the SSD note

20. KsRazoran

Yea after the problems started i decided tot update every driver i had and also got the latest update from Windows.