1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO Remastered Fan-Trailer Community Winners!

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Avalace, Oct 1, 2018.

1. CM Avalace

Community Manager

Main header_1000x512_EN.jpg

Greetings Adventurers!

Our contestants brought forth their best filming, editing, and sound mixing skills to the test! The community voted [HERE] on their favourite Black Desert Online Remastered trailers. It is now my honour to present to you the Top 10 Ranking Videos and the Top 50 Most Viewed Videos! Congratulations to each and every one of you!

Check out the prizes:

• Staff & Community Pick
      • 1st: Alienware Area-51 Threadripper Edition Gaming PC, Value Pack (90 Days) and a Special In-Game Title
      • 2nd: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 DT Gaming Graphics Card, Value Pack (30 Days), and a Special In-Game Title
      • 3rd: Samsung 32” 4K Monitor, 2 Value Packs (7 Days), and a Special In-Game Title
      • 4th ~ 10th: [Event] Blessing of Kamasylve (7D)(7 Days), [Event] Book of Combat (7 Days), and a Special In-Game Title
    • Top 50 Views
      • [Event] Blessing of Kamasylve (7D)
      • [Event] Book of Combat (7D)
    Top 10 Community Voted Winners

1. Veialis [EU]

2. AfterEffects [EU]

3. Cytho [NA]

4. Mijikui [NA]

5. WolfyPlayss [EU]

6. Jowi [EU]

7. House_Mytilus [EU]

8. PsychoticJinx [EU]

9. Fermion [EU]

10. Dark_Avenger [EU]

Please Note: The Top 50 Views Winners were picked before the community vote took place to prevent the community voting from influencing the top 50.

Yenny [NA]
    Seraiinix [NA]
    Cytho [NA]
    Mijikui [NA]
    ExtraSoda [NA]
    Kaitan [NA]
    NuvaR [NA]
    Dennis_Angel [NA]
    Imgur [NA]
    Munroe [NA]
    Galwerk [NA]
    NightSpirit [NA]
    CrazyLime [NA]
    Lawfield [NA]
    BIznItches [NA]
    Ruocaled [NA]
    Petenar [NA]

HelixX [EU]
    WolfyPlayss [EU]
    Fermion [EU]
    Jowi [EU]
    Veialis [EU]
    DreamHill [EU]
    Anfeels [EU]
    Dark_Avenger [EU]
    AfterEffects [EU]
    House_Mytilus [EU]
    Vastayans [EU]
    Draemtaem [EU]
    WhiteWolf [EU]
    Ariioch [EU]
    Haoru [EU]
    IDEmrySDI [EU]
    Ispanici [EU]
    VoyVon [EU]
    Lunarais [EU]
    Acroft [EU]
    TFGGang [EU]
    Rubinlicht [EU]
    Suppositoire [EU]
    OneDay_OneDream [EU]
    Angels22 [EU]
    Seaforest [EU]
    Rexeen [EU]
    Shigaeki [EU]
    Krimat [EU]
    Patrickpk91 [EU]
    Waldherbstlicht [EU]
    Inverse [EU]
    WarChicken [EU]

2. MjK

MjK

Congratz !

GM FluffyPanda, Gloubi and CM Avalace like this.
  3. Dremlock

Cytho should have won tbh

but Cytho and Aftereffects were my favorites so at least they got 2 and 3. well done.

OOWyvernOO and WolfyPlayss like this.
  4. Nuna

Congrats to the winners!
    You all did great, and for those who didn't got the place they wanted/expected, don't get discouraged and try even harder, we all have another chance next time, the quality level is only going to get higher. Hope to see you all again in the next contest!
    Cheers~

#4 Nuna, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    CM Avalace and WolfyPlayss like this.
  5. mgaNick

Congratz to everyone. Personally i think 3 or 2 should have won. Way better quality and editing then 1. But well it is how it is.

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  6. FluffyQuack

Was my video disqualified? My video definitely had more than 55 views (one of the lowest view numbers I could find among the winners) so I'm curious why my video got disqualified.

7. CM Avalace

Community Manager

Yes, unfortunately, it was disqualified for not following the event rules listed [HERE].

8. Macadham

Macadham Khann Ranger EU

Congratulations to the winners, my favorite video was from Veialis and I'm glad he won

CM Avalace and Gloubi like this.
  9. WolfyPlayss

Congrats to Veialis, AfterEffects & Cytho!! Really well done!! Thank you to everyone who voted.. 5th Place :)

Cytho, CM Avalace and Gloubi like this.
  10. Sombria

Veialis one still looks like medium graphics >.>

11. FluffyQuack

I realize I forgot to include family name and region in the video description (I did include that information in the video title though), so I guess that's why.

I checked my video from last year and I did the same mistake there. So I guess was disqualified last year as well without having any idea that actually happened. Edit: I was wrong, I was not disqualified in that contest, though I can't find the family and region information in the video description for that entry.

I hate to be downer, but this is the last BDO contest I'll participate in. Between difficult-to-understand rules (and I'm not talking about how I got disqualified, but the amount of typos and contradicting information which took weeks to be corrected in the event rules), people being disqualified without being notified of that, people being disqualified for using free music which isn't "free enough," and having to guess what taste the judges have when it comes to screenshots and videos have worn out my patience. Especially considering creating something for a contest like this takes many hours at the minimum.

#11 FluffyQuack, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Zimtblog and Sidina like this.
  12. kakodaimonos

Don't be too harsh. Kakao / PA just went back to the good old indie days.
    They are working at a barn watching your entry with their Smartphone and trying to sort out things on a piece of paper. While one of them needs to blow their server cool.

It's the same with big names like Blizzard and EA these days. It's becoming more and more of a trend to ignore the community and only please their investors. Money makes the world go round or whatever.
    Ubisoft is trying to escape that cycle atm but we will see how long that will last.

Dremlock likes this.
  13. Nicknero1405

Nicknero1405 Lanayru Witch 62 EU
    Ambassador

With the ridiculous prices of in-game items, and the low costs of making them (It's virtual, so 0 costs really?) you cannot possibly tell me that there isn't a HUGE HUGE profit margin behind this.

Surely most of this money goes straight to Pearl Abyss, but shouldn't they be responsible to provide decent salaries and workspace for their publisher Kakao?
    What a ridiculous comment. This isn't some unknown indie developer you're talking about. This is a multi-million dollar company with a huge successful game that's making them buckets full of gold.

14. kakodaimonos

Ohh wait did I forget the /s?
    I'm sorry. I thought it was obvious when I said Blizzard and EA are also Indie companies. Or that they work in a barn... or blow their server cool... god what else do you want? D:

15. Nicknero1405

Nicknero1405 Lanayru Witch 62 EU
    Ambassador

When do people learn sarcasm is not detectable over text. ;-;
    With all the white knights and fanboys these days, you really can't tell if someone is serious or not. My bad.

16. MjK

MjK

Should have won based on your personal tastes ?

Cytho's video is really great, 4K and well edited but... a total lack of dynamism. Where are the crazy shots ?
    I do love the kuno's scene (well synced with the music) but the lahn's dash is way too short, the fight with the warrior and the lahn is too dark. So we end up with a stunning video but kinda boring.The first 30 secondes of Cytho's are worth winning, but sadly the second part bored me. Here is a different judgement and point of view in this contest, you may have hundred differents one.

Also maybe you are a lifeskiller and enjoy bdo in your kitchen. But Veialis' video is more appealing to me since it's combative and reminds me that I can't alt + c people, especially the autistic one spamming "DUEL FOR SPOT" without saying "hi" or anything close to a human interaction.

You may be disappointed because your top1 trailer didn't win, but dropping "THAT WAS THE REAL #1" is just retarded.

Just say on a generic discord "I'm playing BDO and I enjoy it." or "I love Star Wars 8" you'll be confronted to other's opinion really soon, son.

:)

#16 MjK, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  17. Libera

Im just going to drop you a few screenshots from french discord.
    https://gyazo.com/3bf299b05d2db224abd3cdc0022a5a81
    https://gyazo.com/34d5a2f1889fb0d832140c052b502652

Asterotis and Dremlock like this.
  18. Dremlock

nice paragraph. But as much as i love explaining **** to people on the internet, I'll just summarize:

wrong.

19. Dremlock

LOL

hmmm that sux. maybe next time it'll work out

this is part of why i usually don't enter. to actually stand a chance of winning you really have to dedicate some time. And still might lose (or be disqualified lmao)

also... i wonder why only 2 NA made top 10 and 8 EU. I'm not suggesting anything but that's an interesting discrepancy.

20. Peisinoe

TFW @Dremlock isn't famous anymore.....

Got me right in the feels.

[​IMG]

Cardiel and Sidina like this.