1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO Remastered Fan-Trailer Contest

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Richter, Aug 17, 2018.

1. PsiGhost

Wait what? How did I hate on your entry? "for free"!? jesus what's with people being instantly triggered and offended nowadays?

I gave MY opinion and tried to explain why i think that way. If you don't agree with MY opinion, so be it, but don't call someone who isn't even remotely hating your work a hater. That attitude can backfire really hard my friend.

also the last line was a genuine tip with some banter thrown in it, because that's what 1080p Black Desert Videos look like thanks to Youtube's shoddy compression. I wasn't attacking you in particular

2. Azurs

I'm not offended, don't get wrong there. What I was trying to say is, that you said all of that about my entry when I didn't even quoted you or talked to you, nothing else. Sorry if I didn't get your words properly (my native language isn't English). The wiggle effect on certain transitions makes them look smoother (on my opinion). Also, using only a few perspectives of the characters in the whole edit is, for me, the best option, since it makes the whole thing follow a constant "style" (I don't really know how to express myself any better, sorry XD) instead of adding so many elements and perspectives.

Apart of that, I really agreed what you said before. Beautiful transitions or effects are pointless if people do not understand the basics of rendering, recording, framerates, blurriness or even the angles.

Oh, and thanks for the tip man. YouTube's compression is pretty shitty tbh. I mean it doesn't look bad at all, but I can clearly feel a quality loss when uploaded. Sorry again for misunderstanding your words, and good luck!

3. CM Richter

Community Manager

The staff will choose 10 videos for the community to vote on. Those are eligible for the super duper nice prizes like the Alienware. Then we have different prizes for top views.
    So yes, there are two categories. Most Views and the staff pick/community voted videos.

All top 10 will receive a prize as listed in the OP. The 5 we were referring to were the top prizes such as the PC or Video Card. I have edited the OP to hopefully make this a bit more clear.

4. Jowi2k

Hey Fluffy, I removed the video because i didn't like it

5. Sue_Eh

Sue_Eh Drakilia NA

Giving it a try, hope 1 second extra is no big deal.

6. Ellevria

Those are some sexy transitions ! Good job

Azurs likes this.
  7. FluffyQuack

Thanks for the clarification, though if I can be nitpicky I wanna point out it still says "top 5 views" and "top 50 views." I assume top 50 is actually supposed to say top 5.

Ah, okay. When I clicked on the video I got the message "This video is taken down for breaking Youtube's Terms of Service." so I thought something serious had happened. I didn't know that message would appear when a video is manually deleted.

8. Guts

Bumpity Bump ump

9. Zauberkind

thanks for your Support :)

CM Richter likes this.
  10. ESKABECHEITOR

@CM Richter
    Excuse me, you cannot use voices from the game then?

11. BlackCarry007

Double post sorry!

#151 BlackCarry007, Sep 13, 2018 at 3:30 PM
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018 at 3:42 PM
  12. BlackCarry007

Hi guys! Now its my turn i'm glad to participate in this event
    i hope u like a bit more aktion tho! :) enjoy
    and If you guys have some feedback let me know :D

Aelisah likes this.
  13. CM Richter

Community Manager

In-Game audio is fine, you just can't commentate over it. No movie announcer voices please!

Gloubi likes this.
  14. Nuna

Alright! I'm back with another video. This time it has a story! The video have subs on youtube so you can activate them if you like (I wonder if they are allowed since they aren't part of the video, if not oh well, I'll just remove them, but I would like to know please @CM Richter ) but I wonder if you guys will figure out about what it is this familiar story without the subs!
    Anyway I hope you guys like it. I love to make GMVs and this contest triggered me I don't have a guild or friends to help me so I've tried to recreate things the best I could. Enjoy!

Aelisah likes this.
  15. Pootnar

16. Gloubi

Gloubi Veialis Berserker 6 EU

Hello here is my entry
    Thank you to all participants

Veialis EU

Aelisah, Caylea, Ellevria and 5 others like this.
  17. RainnellLynnMitarius

I really like this! You showcase a lot of everything with fluidity. Fit's well with the music theme and the "eerie" feeling to it, which you also sync with the beat often to give more depth!---and that ending! AMAZING! For me, that's worth top 3 BRAVO!

[​IMG]

Gloubi and NannaOgg like this.
  18. Ellevria

Here's mine.

Zauberkind likes this.
  19. Yuma

My Trailer for the contest. Enjoy!

20. WolfyPlayss

Hey guys I hope you enjoy my entry! So many great video's really impressed

Family Name: WolfyPlayss
    Region: EU

#160 WolfyPlayss, Sep 14, 2018 at 11:50 PM