1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO: Remastered, or "Let's Make Everything Shiny For No Reason!"

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Carize, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Do you wish you could turn down the Remastered lighting/ shadow/ blur effects?

1. Yes, this light comes from all sorts of weird directions.

68.2%
  2. Yes, the shadows get extremely dark sometimes, for no apparent reason.

50.0%
  3. Yes, the blur as my camera moves around to re-focus makes my eyes bleed.

50.0%
  4. No, Remastered is perfection. How dare you question it?!

18.2%
  5. I'd like to change the lighting a bit. Shadow and blur effects make this game great.

18.2%
  6. I just want to tweak those shadow settings. All else is perfect.

4.5%
  7. If only the blur could be adjusted, I'd leave the shadow and lighting alone.

4.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Carize

I wish there was a slider for 'Shine' or 'Bloom' or some sort of setting between Remastered and Very High graphics.

Remastered is overall pretty gorgeous, but the light, shadows, blur, bloom, and absolutely ridiculous

SUPER SHINY IMAGES, WOW!

2. LeMiau

LeMiau Tamer 63 NA

My ideal would have been the environment from 'High' and characters from 'remastered'.
    That to me would have been a glorious balance- I love the warmth you get in the High settings,
    but the random lighting from remastered and over-the-top shiny makes me squinty and blind half the time. -0-

Remastered != Well Optimized,
    nopenopenope.

Carize and MoonDance17 like this.
  3. zhagsten

My big problem with Remastered is the constant adjustment of gamma depending on what's on screen (including UI for some reason). It's very tiring for the eye in areas with contrasts.
    At least for the problem of aliasing, I can overtake the settings with Nvidia options. I can deal with it.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  4. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I do not use remastered even though my pc can. I just think it is horrible and makes my eyes hurt. Sadly I think even non remastered is worse than before the changes.

Carize likes this.
  5. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

Agreed. Remastered is like the developers put all the FX sliders to maximum and just called it a day.

Carize likes this.
  6. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

thats because the remastered update affected all the graphics settings, the slightly high looks much better than before, they shouldnt name a setting remastered, its more like high end mode without too much performance impact

7. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

If remastered is giving issues or you are not happy with it, just go for high or very high. No need to bash it and look for options if you are in disagreement with it.

Luxea, JeanJean and Buddypal like this.
  8. Kadmilos

You know I'm refusing to suggest what I'd like better out of principle. Let Kash-cow and PA play the game to find out what needs fixed. You guys giving them cheat sheets and feedback only empowers their lust.

PA should already know the issue with lighting right? I mean they obviously play their own game... /s

9. Buddypal

The specular maps aint the best but what can you do when you have almost only a single sunlight? The volumetric lightning is top notch though!

10. Kalade

I actually like the aethestic, but I can understand that the lighting is bit too much.

Silvermist likes this.