1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO Remastered Screenshot Contest Winners!

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Richter, Sep 5, 2018.

1. kapy94

kapy94 DuCouteaus DarkKnight 61 EU

Dont bother. They attacked me on twitter for my claims...

CM Richter likes this.
  2. Someone here needs a hug, come on, let's hug...

[​IMG]

Joungf, midgard229, Oriolus and 3 others like this.
  3. shosholada

shosholada Ranger 61

Thank you guys for making me one of the top 5! <3 Great news to wake up to

Sidina, Niriko and Wilter like this.
  4. RainnellLynnMitarius

Everyone should just appreciate the Dev to actually care about doing such contest D: it baffles me that people still are so much salty about it and constantly.

The Dev have all a different taste! while it might not be what some others would have picked? I still do believe that it's in their right as humans being to have opinions. Not because they work for a company, that it means that they can't be taken seriously as individuals with likings and different taste than ours! We all might have chosen different winners---- but it does not give the right to anyone to call what the winner did "unworthy" or that they lack the artistic view.

Art is variable---what you find beautiful? someone else might not. Also, it's not rare for friends or known individuals to "seed" that "you should have won" not in a bad way! but because they knew you are proud of what you do---and they want to encourage you still and also because they are considerate individuals and certainly love or appreciate the individual you are ((everyone would love to see friends or family win all the time!))

I still want to congratulate the winners, also do not feel discouraged when you see these type of individuals thinking that "your work is not worthy" You took the screenshot, you made it yours and you created something that many others and the devs have appreciated. Feel proud and continue on!

#44 RainnellLynnMitarius, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  5. kapy94

If they cared they wouldnt pick ppl who used the ultra option only... And @CM Richter would actually reply to my PM instead of giving random likes on my posts without reading. ;]

6. RainnellLynnMitarius

it was a contest to celebrate the remastered edition why they wouldn't (Mine was on Remastered lol ....not on ultra btw) so I don't see the point really? :S

Showing the past graphic when you actually are trying to "showcase" the new stuff they did ....that's a little weird---Oh wait I didn't read you correctly lol XD my bad

CM Richter and Wilter like this.
  7. Oriolus

Awww thank you so much for picking my photo! :O
    Also, congrats to all the winners <3

8. shosholada

shosholada Ranger 61

Hi again. I took time and read entire topic and there are few things that I want to address here.

1. I am not a GMs favourite. I never was and will never be. If my screenshot was ever shared on BDO SNS it means it simply followed their sharing rules.
    2. Screenarchery and visual mods for games (not mmo's) is my main hobby for years. So yes, I spent a lot of money on my PC, and as an eastern europe citizen I had to work for it really really hard (type of job when you work 9 hours per day, 6 days in a week and getting paid around 1.50€ per hour). I didn't buy myself a single piece of clothing for 2 years.
    3. I also don't agree with jury decisions. I personally wouldn't choose my own screenshot that was picked. I think I made few that showed engine and postprocessing effects in a better way. I do put a lot of effort into screenshooting. It took me 3 days. Around 40 hours in total, waiting for good lighting, experimenting with dyes and materials to show armors at their finest. I also tried my hand at action screens and landscapes but it's just not my thing.

PLUS

I think calling out jury because they picked "ugly" screenshot is just rude and insulting.

4. I was completely heartbroken after seeing Kapy raging under my submission on Twitter. Especially after we had a friendly private conversation about this contest, we shared expierences and all. Kapy I don't know if you were trying to hurt me or you were just simply unloading your frustration on me but I want you to know that it's not fair. You took away my joy of creating and happiness of actually winning something small.

That being said I don't think I will ever participate in BDO contest again. I will also stop contributing to community because there is always someone jelous and salty and it's simply not worth for me anymore. I was in many fandoms and communities before, but BDO is the most toxic I ever saw.

9. kapy94

I didnt aim at at your submission. I already told you in private that I liked yours. It was just luck that they had your screenshot at the exact time when i ranted AT the team. That one was at them, not you. I already pointed out to absolute ******** of a screenshot that didnt even deserve top 150 on facebook. And there's two ways to get on the SNS. Be a favorite or beg like crazy. And I can a sure you, that a lot of the winners didn't spent even 3 seconds to make their screenshots. There was literally nothing shown of what the engine provided. There's nothing at all. So calling out the so called jury for spitting on my face and in the face of others who like you wasted hours to make that one screenshot look great, is just ********.

You can't just go and sit near the damn sea with no lighting or anything and only your stupid outfit to appear and suddenly to be in the top 30. (Not you as YOU)

And don't worry. I wont rant about when stupid stuff win next time, cause they'll most likely make the rules so I wont even have the chance to enter. This time I was on the edge, next time I wont. I ain't even planning to spend much time in the game or forums from now on. Totally lost any thrill of doing so. The only thing I enjoy doing in a MMO is getting denied day by day.

10. You are right, in general, this community can be pretty salty and I honestly don't get why it has to be so.

11. kapy94

Because I can! >_>

12. Me too but I usually don't, I just troll, for fun.

13. Niriko

This thread is getting miles better than any cinema film *chews popcorn*

Love
    & Peace for everyone!
    <3

14. You should read it in 3D, even more entertaining :P

[​IMG]

Love & Peace to you too :D

Salvie Vesuva, Zimtblog and Niriko like this.
  15. Adanessa

Adanessa Kunoichi 61 NA

3D and ALOT of popcorn!!
    [​IMG]
    This was a winner from the second it was taken!!
    https://imgur.com/ukkeI1V
    LeThrowy...you are the best!! <3

#55 Adanessa, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    eitheldin likes this.
  16. jp35351Returns

these are the winners...?
    some of these screens are just...smh worthy..

Tenrai likes this.
  17. Tenrai

good random program

18. Beautiful portrait :)

19. Gaudium

Vanity everywhere.. :'(

#59 Gaudium, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  20. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

So you are attacking other peoples screenshots and call them trash cause they don't meet your taste...
    I find the second screenshot contest worthy and the others mediocre at best but hey that's just my taste.
    Fact is people have put in effort to create them like you did and as much as you don't like to get your screenshots get trashed by others you shouldn't do so either.
    A screenshot contest is a matter of taste and preferences and if it's an actual community voting a matter of popularity.
    If you can't deal with not winning don't participate.