1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO Remastered Screenshot Contest Winners!

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Richter, Sep 5, 2018.

1. kapy94

kapy94 DuCouteaus DarkKnight 60 EU

Taste???? 3 are 0 background default idle animations. Dont lecture me about how its taste. Half of it is literal trash

2. Star of Stardusted

<3Fantastic Shots peeps. Love them all. They rocked. Congratulations ♥ <3

Niriko likes this.
  3. Wilter

OKAY SO... Obviously I didn't enter because I was very busy with moving :( I'm all sad about it.
    Here's my past-due entries lol (twitter) ♥♥♥

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#63 Wilter, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  4. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

Sure whatever floats your boat :)

Edit:

With that I meant your screenshots. You are throwing around insults and than posting your screenshots as example while displaying "new water features" with standard poses and boring background

#64 Sidina, Sep 12, 2018
    Salvie Vesuva and Niriko like this.
  5. FluffyQuack

You shouldn't feel forced to skip contests. I suggest participating but skipping reading through replies to threads like this. It happens every single time: people feel a contest was "unfair" because the GMs selected different pictures/videos than they would choose. People should remember that GMs have their own biases and preferences.

Oriolus, Salvie Vesuva and Sidina like this.
  6. kapy94

I use a pose which none used and effects none used while ppl who used 0 and the default idle get rewarding. Just get the hell off my head with your bs

7. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

Just keep telling that to yourself :D

Salvie Vesuva likes this.
  8. kapy94

Oh sorry. Ill use the idle next time next to a casual blue sky and get the victory for most original and stylish. Clearly a sit idle which most dont even know it exists on a reflecting sunset on the river is totally boring and unoriginal. Or showing the new rain/wet particles. Glad that everyone did that so mine can be casual and boring. Oh wait. Maybe if I could simply run ultra...

9. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

You keep bitching about all other screenshots and that they are apparently bad.
    While you put your character in the rain in a bikini in a standard sitting position in front of a dark background or in a completely battered costume in a house.
    C'mon that is as uncreative as it can get

#69 Sidina, Sep 12, 2018
    Salvie Vesuva, Wilter and Ahaetulla like this.
  10. kapy94

582660_20180822222335_1.png

Im confused. This was my entry. Clearly you are ill informed again.
    (remastered graphics)

And this is one of the top 30 "beautiful" and "talented" winners :))

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm0vHtOVAAAma_c.jpg:large

(Ultra graphics)

Edit;
    My other 2 entries which I needed to covert as they were huge in size :)

582660_20180823035656_1.png 33.jpg

11. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

12. kapy94

I posted them as an example as in how it has stuff which nobody else has and they are still not even a honorable mention. Nobody else used wet skin or trashed armor details. Plus the trashed armor had good light reflections on the rusty blade which lack in the top 30 winner. Yet you didnt explain how is that entry which i used as an example any better than 90% of the other talented screenshots by many other artists.

13. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

Cause they are not better than 90% of the other screenshots.
    Congrats you had 1 nice reflection on a screenshot that otherwise has nothing outstanding.
    Wanna use battered armor? Sure but how about you put it into a proper action battle scene or after battle scene instead of standing in standard pose in a house catching 1 nice reflection.
    You are trying to bash other screenshots that have outstanding colours or backgrounds or even action shots and show a screenshot with 1 nice reflection.
    So just because no one else was as uncreative enough to post a screenshot of their wet character in a Bikini in a standard sitting position, doesn't mean it's good.

#73 Sidina, Sep 12, 2018
    Oriolus, Salvie Vesuva and Wilter like this.
  14. Ashnachiel

Ashnachiel Warrior 62 EU

Nobody voted for your screenshots because they sucked, try harder next time

15. Cardiel

Cardiel Disglair DarkKnight NA

Some of these are great but yeah, some really aren't worthy of winning contests imo.

They all show of excellent shimmery goodness though which, to be fair, this was the *remastered screenshot contest* so it's obvious that they were judging for how well the shots showed off the new graphics.

It wasn't a "most interesting pose contest".

Still tho, BDO screenshot competitions have always been a colossal joke.

eitheldin and Salvie Vesuva like this.
  16. Never joined a single one. I'm glad for those who won, why not, but to me it feels much like RNG, once again.

17. Cardiel

Kinda sorta feels like they take a day to browse the entries in the order Twitter/FB lists them. Not that I'm being salty but I remember a few years back I made and Easter entry of my pet bunny in front of a tuft of lillies on the first day.

Yeah, an identical shot won one of the first place spots but it wasn't mine, or anyone's who made similar shots after mine. It was the one that was posted closest to the end of the competition.

That kinda keyed me into how they probably scroll from newest to oldest and pick whichever ones they like.

Which, whatever man, it's a damned screenshot competition on a video game. It's cool of them to host these and I'll bet they have a fun time picking winners so good on em.

Oriolus, Salvie Vesuva and eitheldin like this.
  18. Yeah, I guess the entries are always many and the time to judge isn't that much. Understandable.

Cardiel likes this.
  19. Cardiel

Exactly, yeah. So while they're a joke, I mean....lol. Let's not get mad if we lose.

eitheldin likes this.
  20. FluffyQuack

I thought I had an okay chance to get into the top 30 with my screenshot (unless I didn't qualify. I did tweet this near the end of the 29th): https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dl1ODsEX4AA8hVO.jpg:large

But was I selected? Nope. Do I care that much? Not really. Kakao GMs are the ones deciding who should win. I can't predict what they'll choose.