1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO RNG is corrupted not worth a gamers time

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by VashSevrem, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Asato

pretty much this. (5th post, page 5)

2. shidoxen

Yes it is very frustrating to get high stack stacks when you want achieve the piece you want and work hard at it and it still fails you. It truely is.

But just remember this, as of last night I have a 243fs and I will still be logging in today. ....not overly happy about that, but it will still happen. xD

Do better than I am and you will be fine! :D

3. Life Aries

You would only believe that you haven't progressed by failing if you do not understand statistics or if you believe the system is rigged and has targeted you specifically to make sure you never get what you want. Watch an introductory video on statistics; learn about standard deviations. Sure it is possible that you could never get anything ever, but the further you deviate from the normal, the greater the chance of success.

Please also do not forget the point I made about fail stacking. If you are strategic in how you use your stacks, you progress with every single fail. Failing TET (on gear) is +5 fail stacks, which >50 FS has a tremendous increase in value.

This ultimately just boils down to how you look at things. If you are the impetuous type, you can try FFXIV or other games that have gear progression that is more straightforward, but you will pay the same price in time. I had to quite FFXIV because I spent 3 months grinding the same dungeons over and over at 14 hours a day for the mats needed for BiS weapon, and it got so sickening I could not spend one more minute in the game. It could take you just as much effort to do the same in BDO, or it could possibly take a lot less.

The only thing you waste in BDO, is time. This is true for any game. Everything is an investment of time. If you feel like it's a waste, then you're playing the wrong game since the fun to be had is not in enhancement success, but all the things you did to get those materials. If you're not having fun doing that, it's not like you're going to magically have fun playing the game after you get full PEN.

Fatalforce and Wet Cake like this.
  4. IRustyI

I understand your frustration but
    it's intended that way so that players can use the stack for TRI, TET, DUO attempts later on.

Side fact is,

I have sub boss gear on 13~14+ just for fs.

5. woots

Understanding stat doesnt change how fked the system is.
    You still waste tons of time and resources for nothing, during all that time, your gameplay is still the same assembly-line work like gameplay without any evolution, nor improvement, nor at some point even fun because you repeat the same task killing the exact unchallenging AI mobs from olivia to the lastest grind spot in date.

And it neither matter what """""strat""""" you personaly pull out for that RNG, result is the same for everyone. ( well except if the RNG grant you the wanted success in few try )

What i've said still stand, and you still totaly pointed out the very bad decision of such dumb RNG driven upgrade system.

considering RNG can fk your down during years, considering the BDO rng is meant for you to use all cash shop resources to speed up a lot the process, actualy, you
    1- clearly doesnt pay the same price
    2- at least that's a very defined time requiered, unlike RNG, which is.. well, RNG, and you have no guarantee in 3years from now you will have everything you want.

I dont say such token dungeon is the best, but compare to BDO sh#t show, and only comparing thoses 2 possibility ( since its what you used as comparison point ), its hands down way better.

#105 woots, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Pkmdz likes this.
  6. Escapism

false, what you just described here is 101 "gamblers fallacy"

Also false, if youre already above the fs caps, which is the case for a lot of veterans. Go explain Djules with his ~340 stack how every further fail still means progress.

#106 Escapism, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    zhagsten and Asato like this.
  7. Wet Cake

DJules is hands down the WORST streamer/player/monkey at enhancing I have ever witnessed. What an example, lmao.

He used PEN stacks for TETs. He used TET stacks for TRIs. He was blinded by his want for a pen weapon to the point where he racked up 3 PEN stacks into 1 stack instead of making new ones and then wasted it on a lahn kzarka. He is short sighted. If you are following the methods he used (if you can even call them that) then it's no wonder you hate enhancing.

EDIT: Btw, I love how the two ppl replying above picked out 2 random quotes from a logical post and ignored the rest. 2logical.

Fatalforce likes this.
  8. Tjaranis

yes it is.
    but if you feel like that at +12 you cant play the game at all, or you need to sell everything and buy of market, snipe all day stuff

9. NewbieLam

Lol Djules...... the best that happen to him was failing all those PENs. Smart people would not use all those PEN attempt on one stack. Djules did it for the viewers, the worst thing that happen was that he did get a PEN.

Just like that show "who wants to be a millionair" nobody gave a shot about the show after the first person won.

Djules got viewers because of the high FS, prob wish he didn't get that PEN and can keep pushing the FS for more viewers.

Wet Cake likes this.
  10. Velexia

Asato likes this.
  11. Wet Cake

WOW. That was so cringe. You are so lucky those talis pieces didn't ding, lol.

EDIT: OMG!!!! AND THAT GREEN OFFHAND. STOP. LMAO.

12. Asato

lmao xD

This is progress bruuuh ! Now he got a "free" stack for his PEN easy peasy, game over !

13. NVG

NVG

For the last 7 days I failed DUO to TRI on every single FUKING accessory that I tried. This game is really a piece of $HIT. I lost like 2bil trying to make TRI Tree Spirit Belt and I spent thousands of $$$ in the game, while other people who never spent a dime and hacked and cheated got full TET Tungrad and still play on their accounts. **** YOU KAKAO !!!

Asato likes this.
  14. Wet Cake

You watched that whole video and you still think he will save that stack for pen? lol.

15. Asato

Sarcasm.

And no honestly I don't think he will xD he has to pass the TET step first.
    Anyway this fakenews FS system with cap... it's just ********. I dunno why you support this kind of enhancement... oh wait I do know. The answer is gambling.

16. Velexia

I suppose you don't understand that I understand that my luck is bad enough that I won't even bother going for TET on the Tree Armor unless it's at max stacks. That Tree armor has failed 19 times in a row to go Duo at max stacks. The Talis and the rest were sacrifices to build the stacks. I knew they wouldn't go through.

Must be nice to be lucky and get submax stack upgrades :)

I'll save the stack for PEN if it hits 113.

17. Wet Cake

Luck can only get you so far. I was patient enough to not overstack and make new stacks. Big stacks like that will serve you well later on. I have a few stacks over 90 from failing tets and I am using them on pen attempts.

I don't know how you "knew" they wouldn't go through. I would assume the opposite considering how much green gear I've teted just building failstacks from 40 - 50. It's green gear. You'd lose a lot if it succeeded on a high stack like that, and it's cheap to repair so aiming low isn't much of a risk.

At the end of the day, it's RNG and failing doesn't mean you didn't have enough stacks. You just got unlucky. Save it for pen and start going for tet on boss gear at 50.

18. Life Aries

Yet with less perseverance than I put into FFXIV, I have achieved my goals without fail. I don't need to explain outliers as those can be expected on a scale this large, but no matter what example you give, the vast majority of people who put in the time, get what they want.

Call it whatever you want, but it's not going to get in the way of me progressing while others give up halfway to their goal because it's easier to complain that the system is rigged or call people who do achieve those goals either lucky, cheaters, or some other derogatory term among the ones thrown around like "addict".

At the end of the day, you are only preventing yourself from progressing, so either give up entirely now, or focus and get the gear you want.

Fatalforce likes this.
  19. Life Aries

It's OK if you disagree with me, but where you think I've wasted time, I believe I've made progress. Even if you don't believe that statistically you get closer to your goal with each attempt, you cannot disregard the value of higher stacks if you have any type of investment in your future beyond what you are immediately attempting -- with the one exception being the insane stacks people get into with PEN difficulties; for those, you'd need some serious fortitude.

Fatalforce likes this.
  20. Asato

It's RNG. You get more chances the more you try but it's still RNG. You may never get it. Infact you never know when you'll get it.

So tell me what's your goal in terms of attemps to do ?