1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO "Show Me The Control" 1v1 Tournament - Korea

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LeCordonBleu, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i think ive seen some old tests which "assumed" we had % increase the higher the ap is and it was pretty much the same dmg increase we have with brackets now
    when im home i might look for it, i could be wrong but i have smth like that in mind its long ago aswell since ive seen that

AZzalor and Kauni like this.
  2. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Why is it that when a class plays to its innate strengths and uses the skills the developer gave it, it's cheese? Very few people ever complained about stealth until they stopped being able to sit in super armor 24/7. Musa's Chase is annoying, but again, it's the same thing. It's a skill that the developers intended for the class to take advantage of, so you can't sit there and fault a player for using it. If they didn't, they would just die. But let's not kid ourselves. That's what you want. You don't care about other people's experience. You just care about your own.

An advantage is an advantage. That's all it is. It's not a guaranteed win. If it was, you'd never see a Wizard beat a Ninja or a Warrior. YOU CAN OVERCOME THE GAP BETWEEN YOU AND THEM. But no, you just don't want to. You just want to shift the advantage from them to you, even if it could mean crippling their class.

Another thing: THERE IS NO DATA. You're not recording anything. You're not building a spreadsheet with numbers. You're simply expressing your experience and calling it data, which is complete and utter nonsense.

Bro, you're a masochist. The enhancement system in this game makes me loath to play because I hate wasting my time with a passion. I hate gambling in this game. 60% chance of success, fail it 10 times in a row and burn your money from grinding all week. On the flipside, you could grind for a couple more weeks than you did with your enhancement session and buy the thing, but then have the reservation that the money you bought it with could have got you the upgrade through the black spirit plus more.

It's a vicious, self-deprecating system and I loathe it so much. It's not a good thing for someone like me, who wants the shortest and easiest path to success. But you can't have both. You can have the long, but easy path, or the short, but difficult path. I also hate losing progress, so there's that, too. Burning through billions in resources only to fail and downgrade is just the worst thing.

It really doesn't help when I have below average luck, and I get to watch peers plow ahead with 10x less the work I had to put in to get it.

3. Rügenwalder Pommersche

ye man i totally get it. I personally only enhance when i have backup so i cant lose progress and since i earn my silver with semi afk methods and rarely from grinding i dont really feel like ive wasted something. I would also say im slightly below avg luck, but a close friend of me literally has the same gear as me - for literally no effort he onetapped 8 tet accs, on the other side hes not playing anymore and i bet its party since he "never earned that gear"

that like really shitty but, its also so pointless. When he still played he would **** me up 7/10 times i duels anyway even when i outgeared him, so him having the same gear or even if he had more would not have changed anything. Nowadays when he logs in and plays a bit i just smash him even tho we are the same gear since he is rusty, he could have 10/20 ap more still wouldnt do better then he did back when he used to play

Kauni likes this.
  4. IWalkAlone

Enchanting is to hate it and to love it.In my case.I blown a lot of silver and i hate it wen i put 1-3 bilions in the dust, but so sweet to make those TETs.
    And in the same way I understand that I have the full ability to make PEN without enchance but I need a lot more time than I have...

LeCordonBleu and Kauni like this.
  5. Vortexii

You have to understand when someone is speaking at a much higher level. I can extract myself from the equation entirely to hold no bias and simply give the most objective observation possible.

I'm not talking about skill level or using the tools of a character at all. I'm talking about the overall reality of how things work. A better example would be games where 1 class is clearly over powered or in the case of BDO dead classes. Players will flock to these classes regardless of whether they would naturally be playing them and in many cases they would not be playing the class otherwise.

The same for Sea Monster Hunting. It was simply the most effective way at that time to obtain massive resources. Very game breaking resources. People didn't SMH because it was entertaining, new, or better than other activities. It simply yielded more so people that don't even really want to do it started doing it out of necessity to keep up. Just like a bunch of people rolling Warrior because they are OP in PVE.

Invisibility is one of the worst things you could ever put in the game. In Halo you have camouflage NOT invis. It's just harder to see the player. Imagine how trash Halo would be if you where getting killed by invisible players. It would be absolute sht, so terrible, it would be on BDO's level of PVP.

You just want to impose those things onto me because that's what you think and want. Doesn't make any of them true.

6. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

What qualifies you to claim that you are speaking "at a much higher level" and being able to "hold no bias and give the most objective observation possible"?
    Could you share your achievements in BDO to prove that your experience and skill level are valid to make this kind of claims?

Xenon, IWalkAlone and AZzalor like this.
  7. Vortexii

The fact that I know observing and disseminate information isn't based upon my ability to PVP is what makes me superior to you. You have a lot to learn. Don't worry you probably have plenty of years to develop your mind.

If you want to know why this can't be explained to you:
    In the field of psychology, the DunningKruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability.

Simpy put, you lack the ability to recognize your own flaws. Your own bias will keep you blinded to the truth and it will take years for you to ever really figure things out. Meanwhile, naturally you and others will likely claim, It's my bias blinding me. However, most of my expressed ideas are purely just common sense obvious statements based on objective facts.

8. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

What if your skill level is just nowhere close to basics and does not allow you to understand the deeper meaning of BDOs PvP mechanics which leads to false conclusion?
    What if the opposite is the case? At the time of the first official BDO PvP tournament wizard was considered being weak in 1vs1 and small scale such as 2vs2. The tournament was held in several regions and I was the only wizard who made it to the finals, counting all regions.

Do you think it was possible because of my "biased opinion" and me "blinding the truth" or maybe because I actually did not care about people opinions since I understood the PvP mechanics and the abilities of my own class?

9. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Yes you should actually learn that.

Xenon and Kauni like this.
  10. Vortexii

Most of the statements are self evident and backed up by Pearl Abyss. Someone shouldn't have to explain to a person why this is completely broken.
    • Fact: Chain grapple is terrible game design. It's broken. It's OP. It's completely boring. It was absolutely terrible for the game.
    • Fact: Pearl Abyss implemented this into the game. It was lazy, sloppy design that should have never hit release
    • Fact: Pearl Abyss later modified this because even they acknowledged it was a problem.
    FACT: You could have NEVER PLAYED BDO FOR A SINGLE DAY and still immediately thought, that grapple system looks busted.

Also most of my comments are not related to PVP mechanics. You are just failing at finger pointing and trying to pretend BDO is so overly complex. At the end of the day BDO's system is garbage because it wasn't created by a talented team that have any real experience or concern. Just face it, it's a just another Mobile piece of garbage cash grab.

Rena likes this.
  11. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

Now that a little too harsh even for my standards. BDO does have some of the best animations and visuals in the genre. So you have to give BDO devs credit on those points at least.

But at least the business model is what completely stopped BDO from being one of greatest MMOs of all time. It's a little sad to think about it. That Koreans got fully blinded by short term gains that they gimped their game completely.

12. Vortexii

There can actually be a really in depth debate around that issue. Yes, those statements are true. However, there are other key components that Pearl Abyss sold out. A rather serious one was AFK leveling. You can literally bypass all the grinding and AFK progress your way into 64+. That really devalues any prestige/effort/value to your character level.

In the earlier days being level 59 or 60 meant you applied a lot of effort and where given additional damage boosts to your skills. Now every AFK player can max out every skill with ease.

Fearless V likes this.
  13. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Uhm... I never felt big imbalance issues with the grab chain, I do understand that it was painful for casuals to deal with. As an ex-wizard main I was more affected by that than most other classes and I still make this statement.

I do not say BDO is "overly complex" it has its depth and it has many flaws. In the end it's way more enjoyable, fun and challenging than games like ESO. You might think different and it's fine. I obviously can't speak for casual level because it's different from my experience but I can understand some points.

14. Rügenwalder Pommersche

see thats actually funny cos so far u would fall right into the Dunning-Kruger effect since ur confidence is high and ur competence is low upload_2020-2-14_18-6-30.png
    It seems that poor performers do not learn from feedback suggesting a need to improve. (Why the Unskilled Are Unaware: Further Explorations of (Absent) Self-Insight Among the Incompetent)

thdsm, AZzalor, Souda and 1 other person like this.
  15. Rügenwalder Pommersche

thats exactly the point, noone said bdo reininvented the wheel but its far more complex than they make it out to be

16. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Dude you killing it rofl, I want to hit more likes fk sake :D

AZzalor likes this.
  17. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i really dont know why he would pull that card when hes literally talking **** 90% of the time, making it quite clear on which side of the competence line he is

18. Rügenwalder Pommersche

btw ur going to **** up endlaive again?
    ive heard there is a trial aoa today after that roleplay 1vs1 arena thing

AZzalor likes this.
  19. Vortexii

That is your lack of ability to understand that not everyone is automatically wrong or affected because they are confident. The real intelligence is being able to discern accurately who is full of sht and who is telling the truth.

As all the really great intellects say, think for yourself.

20. Rügenwalder Pommersche

oh i never said u are wrong because you are confident, thats something u misread
    i said u are wrong and confident, bad combination

thdsm, Xenon, AZzalor and 1 other person like this.