1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO "Show Me The Control" 1v1 Tournament - Korea

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LeCordonBleu, Feb 9, 2020.

1. kakodaimonos

But he said before... that in lategame oneshotting isn't a thing. Which seems to be very wrong.

2. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I mean maybe I am just able to work around these mechanics and that's the reason why I do not find them bad the same way you do? Maybe they are less complex to me than they are to you?
    My claim is based on my own opinion and the opinion of hundreds of PvP players who confirmed they would not play BDO if it would now have the combat it has.
    According to your logic you can't not say my claim is false since it's just your opinion and not a fact^^

What stats are you talking about when you say "oneshotting is a thing in late game"?

3. Rügenwalder Pommersche

well 590 isnt late game so his point still stands
    we dont know what gear the other dude was like i said this is a stupid bracket
    at this bracket its easy to onecombo since the dude most likely is between 309 and 331 dp which (big suprise again ) is not really tanky against 280-290 ap

#163 Rügenwalder Pommersche, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    AZzalor likes this.
  4. LeCordonBleu

Hmm.

3:20 - Kunoichi getting one comboed by an Awakening Ranger. Ranger is a class with high dps output while Kunoichi is an Assassin with a squishy body that relies on iframes and mobility to mitigate damage during fights, which of course is not a factor when she's lying down on the ground.

8:00 - Ninja getting one comboed by a Succession Berserker. Succession Berserker deals massive amounts of damage, and once again, Ninja (copy+paste) is an Assassin with a squishy body that relies on iframes and mobility to mitigate damage during fights, which of course is not a factor when he's lying down on the ground.

11:20 - Musa getting one comboed by a Succession Maehwa. Succession Maehwa is one of the top damage dealing classes in the game, period, and guess what Musa is? A squishy dps class that relies on its godlike dashes to avoid getting killed, and likewise, you can't dash when lying on the ground.

(I feel like a broken record repeating the same thing over and over again...)

In addition, you intentionally went through the video to handpick duels that ended in a fashion that conveniently supports your claim. This is not how you hold debates.

#164 LeCordonBleu, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  5. Rügenwalder Pommersche

esp at this bracket where u usually dont have relevant dp (630 is alrdy better for tankyness but u wont survive getting ccd as u shouldnt)

6. kakodaimonos

Ahh right it's the classes now. Well guess what? It's still one shotting.
    And the rest of the video is basically running around trying to avoid everything. Which not only looks dumb but since it has no effective counter to it it's basically a very bad PvP "mechanic".

And since gear is literally everything in this game PvP is flawed from the beginning.
    How would you ever expect them to balance classes or people to see "real" PvP when there is literally only a handfull of players sitting at the top gear?
    You guys try to defend a completely flawed system since you want the game you invested time in to look good and complex. However it is not.

7. Rügenwalder Pommersche

u know what - that dude could have killed him
    yes even if he was outgeared
    he just didnt cc him and got cc - he made the mistake and lost because of that
    he didnt lose cos he got onecomboed, he pretty sure would have onecomboed the other guy aswell

and u guys want to degrade a completely fine system since u dont want to invest time into it

Kauni and AZzalor like this.
  8. LeCordonBleu

Classes were never a non-factor in this debate. And if I recall correctly, @AZzalor never stated that one comboing was nonexistent in BDO. He/She simply said that it wasn't as common of a phenomenon as some people on here make it out to be.

I don't know why all of a sudden you're jumping into random rabbit holes straying from the topic. Once again, why are you talking about how dumb pvp in BDO looks to you? I don't see how that's any relevant. But to entertain your thought, I disagree. This is how fights happen in movies, animes, etc. A lengthy period of "dancing" takes place before the fighters start landing hits on each other as they start losing focus and strength through fatigue. Also, this is what ACTION MMORPG is; a lot of dodging and outplaying through means other than just pure damage. Whereas, in tab targetting, you'd have two fighters standing and staring at each other face-tanking damage until one inevitably falls.

AZzalor likes this.
  9. Rügenwalder Pommersche

with "inevitable falls" u mean skillfully got outplayed by the other player right?

AZzalor likes this.
  10. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

yeah and then we have resistances, where your outplay gets randomly stolen

11. Rügenwalder Pommersche

see thats a point i totally (and most players) agree on resistances need to go

AZzalor and Kauni like this.
  12. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

well im still playing AAU and if you say so that pvp is removed, then why tf i have to pvp +5h every other day? confused
    been part of 6-7 sieges and still can say its way better than getting stomped by some kid with doom horse

13. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

You can PvP and steal peoples tradepacks? Doubt that.
    I've done sieges myself and saying that you are not just running as a huge blob and pretty much just auto attack (especially as ebonsong) everyone and no real fight happens, would be a lie.
    I am wondering where you get your 5+h PvP every day(unless you are sitting in this scuffed boring arena). During daily raids you got max 1-2 encounters if you were lucky because the raid swapped the location since everyone is crying.
    I was literally running through every spot and war zone just to get a little bit of PvP. The only "real PvP" happened at kraken pretty much and I absolutely dislike this scuffed sea PvP design.
    At the time when I quit AAU I had the most kills on EU because all I was trying to do is finding PvP and it was super hard to find it.

Edit: Doom horses are irrelevant nowadays but I know you are not playing anymore so you couldn't know.

AZzalor likes this.
  14. kakodaimonos

So if it happens 50% of the time in a torunament that's not common. Alright.

I love how you brag on a fact that was simply subjective while completely avoiding the fact that this is a really bad PvP mechanic since it has no real counter to it. Sorry but in movies and animes people adapt to this kinda perma dodge fest and not try to hit everywhere on the ground until something finally connects.

So what you're saying is one guy is conecomboing and you say the other would probably have onecomboed as well when he got him into CC. And then you say the system is completely fine because onecomboing when landing a single CC is totally reasonable.

Dear lord... play actual PvP games at least once.

15. Rügenwalder Pommersche

the trick to not getting onecomboed - its quite simple actually - dont get cc´d
    if u dont make a mistake, u dont get punished for it

AZzalor likes this.
  16. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Because landing a CC in BDO is not for free like in most other games, so yes, it is reasonable indeed.

Which?

AZzalor likes this.
  17. kakodaimonos

That is the most dumb answer you could've given... and by that you completely lost all credibility. Because that is a completely flawed PvP design.

Same as above. There is no game in which CC is free. Like literally not a single one.

Games that are designed for PvP and PvP only. Like Beat em Ups. In which every action has a counter to it but you have no global counter for literally everything.
    I still would recommend For Honor in that regard.

18. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Ye people don't understand that... they are used to games where you get free CC with no effort by just pressing the button and then you 123 your combos and gg, skillful gameplay.
    I remember where a guy tried to show me some skillful mmorpg pvp gameplay, I fell off my char...

AZzalor likes this.
  19. Rügenwalder Pommersche

if u consider aiming at the enemy not free thats on u my friend
    in bdo u have plenty of mechanics to avoid getting cc´d - so u shouldnt get ccd - and if u do - u ****ed up - and therefore lose
    i mean its not that hard to understand but for u i didnt mind writing it down again

AZzalor likes this.
  20. kakodaimonos

Jfyi every time the guys are on the ground they have the ability to counter accordingly to the opponents actions.

Fearless V likes this.