1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO's greatest limiting factor in your opinion?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Nexius, Aug 27, 2018.

?

Most difficult part of the game to deal with personally

1. Your gear progression (Cannot get softcap and beyond on your own)

2. Your level progression (Cannot reach Level 60 on your own)

3. Pearl Shop Incentives (Too pay2win for u?)

4. Not Enough Content PvE or PvP to feel engaged

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Vercinorix

I'm pretty sure he is talking about the hunting lifeskill mobs in Kama.

2. Wildcard

... just 5 houses per account .

3. Mimimimi

the developers incapability to react to basic issues within an appropriate amount of time. even though we get features way after the KR version, what we are getting often feels like it has undergone no QA whatsovever. the cashshop prices are definitively not reflected in the software quality. get gud devs.

Blackhearted likes this.
  4. Xairen

game needs to remove renowned score.

game needs pvp arena with equalized/unequalized gear + leaderboards.

game needs instanced raids to encourage group play.

= wowkiller.

5. Factorial

this so much. i have tried to get a couple of friends from other games to join, but it's difficult to keep them here. i would power level them to level 56 and then there is just a wall.

honestly, the game is hard on new people with low energy/cp, the need weight/pets/maids, it's just excruciating then there is the enhancement. urgh. i feel their pain and can't fault them for not sticking around.

really, bdo is a wonderful game, but designed poorly for fun factor

Blackhearted, Irijia and Josh28 like this.
  6. OceanPerson

My greatest limiting factor is the community. I start to believe everything everyone is saying then end up standing around in town having 0 fun then eventually blowing up my progression and quit. Recently i been watching lots of Vert/Mac/Big&shiny and honestly when you surround your self with positivity you start to wonder if you made a mistake at the end of the day the people enjoying the game and have 0 limiting factors are just the ones playing the game for the sheer enjoyment it brings them.

Maginha likes this.
  7. 6footgeeks

No content ,especially pvp, for lower geared /unlucky /newbies.

Change that and the p2w will start to matter much less too

8. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

You should add option "Other - Restrictive Market that causes inflation and low supply of items"

There is nothing more vexing than the fact that you basically have to manually do everything in this game yourself because all the items that matter are always sold out. Why? because nobody has an incentive in this game to craft/list the most useful and prized items in this game, or even mats due to the restrictive pricing.

An economy is driven by greed. Buyers and sellers need to negotiate a price between them that work and a deal that is secure. A greedless economy is a dead one - like ours. This is the first market in my 12 years of MMORPG gaming where the market is so dead that nobody has the incentive to sell each other gear or mats.

Yes, people can white knight the system as much as they want and say "it's too hard for newbies if everything was priced what it should be" but that logic is VERY flawed. In a remotely capitalistic economy, newbies will simply make money off economy-relevant drops instead of inflation-causing trash loot (or the smh drops people whine nonstop about) that generates silver into the system from npcs. Any issues with them affording items will resolve on their own. The only remotely valid argument is that bigger silver numbers mean potential technical performance issues.

#28 Luxea, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  9. C6H5CH3

BDO's greatest limiting factor is, and always has been, the ignorant and uncaring dev's.

Sheky, Netreiam and Draconnix like this.
  10. Denthors

you forgot to add memory fragment/shard, its basically the only limit bdo has.

you can get to lvl 62 with 150 ap, it just take time.

cash shop well yeah.....

content.. the content in bdo is OVERWHELMING. don't limit yourself to pve/pvp

Draconnix likes this.
  11. Drakz91

Gear Progression.

You get to a point where you need to grind to get money, but can't because people with better gear claim all the spots (They are way overgeared for but BDO likes making lower areas the best for money) and pk you or take your spot when you try.

Not to mention the time and effort needed to get all the boss gear, mats needed to upgrade, FS, repair money, Relic shards, mem fragments to make attempts.

Much easier to just afk fish, get your daily/event/guild rewards, sell the profitable ones and build up the cash and wait for the times when people flood the market with good gear (Like when everyone sold their Duo rings during the Termian event).

And this is why I just don't bother spending money on the game anymore.

Blackhearted, CandyCat and Fearless V like this.
  12. TrueKarma

out of all these pvp content, but atm i just want good combat back, not this shitty bs we have atm

13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

This is the definition of propaganda and will only impress new forum users. Anyone else reading patch notes know you're blatantly lying.

14. Watercooled

There is very little diversity in grinding spots and a massive drought of items. Not only is the failstack/enhancement system cancer, I need like 30 rings to get a legitimate shot at getting TRI. Good luck getting 30 tungrad earings in less than 2 years of farming; not gonna happen.

I also don't find the point in gearing up/leveling past 58. I find very very very little difference in grinding spots when it comes to drops and silver per hour. When you factor in the gear you need for sulfur/manshas/pila vs gahaz the loot does not really make much difference. I can take alts to Gahaz with TRI boss/kutum and grind very efficiently at level 58 or I can take my main with full TET @61 to Akaman/Sulfur/Pila/Manshas and make just a little more money depending on RNG.

We have this massive ****ing world but only a handful of grind spots that pretty much all drop the same ****. It doesn't really pay to explore and try out new areas and they are not correcting this. Most of the stuff that drops in Kama is absolutely useless. There just isn't any creativity in these new zones...everyone asking for this new content to unlock but I know it's just going to be more useless garbage that we can't sell via the MP.

15. Eynix

As I say often, this is the best and the worst MMO at the same time.

Graphics and gameplay are insanely good, the open world is great, some ideas arevery good like housing/workers/craftings/jobs/afk activities.

But there's some HUGE FAILURES. No real group incentive and no trade between players are insanely bad. At higher level, PvE is a boring rewardless hack n slash at best. Lack of item tiers also.

It's time to stop work on the graphic aspects - which was already very good - and work on the flaws of the game. I mean, with those graphics and gameplay, this game could be the next WoW, but PA managed to make a poop cake out of it...

16. Catastigma

The casual community that cannot understand that BDO is not a Themepark.... That their standards here do not hold.
    BDO is just not your Type of mmorpg. stop trying to destroy it.

17. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

The only thing that this game lack is content. We need drieghan, haso ,ahib expansions !

18. Netreiam

Complete disregard of class balance in both PvE and PvP.

Lying, greedy, uncaring devs.

Boring repetitive grind in every aspect of the game.

Assilma and Josh28 like this.
  19. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Lol wut? Nobody is destroying BDO. It's destroying itself.

Josh28 likes this.
  20. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

This is the sad truth, exploiters getting partner status, hackers in hysteria going unpunished (good luck using flare to reveal name when someone literally teleport all around place) and lack of any content is killing this game fast.

Josh28 likes this.