1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Be careful writing tickets (Maybe)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Mafesio, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tentacle Love

All I'm gonna say about the feasibility of this is, this would have been a brilliant strategy, and if it were implemented, I'd brag the hell out of it.

"Don't be an ******* and you'll have better luck with enchants!"
    The community would become 90%+ less toxic instantly.

Not mentioning it? would have no effect.

2. Mafesio

Don't be an *******? That assumes you know I was being an *******. Why couldn't the other person not have been the ******* but since I'm not a snowflake I didn't waste my time to bother reporting them first? I see your part of the snowflake culture anyway so a courtesy I'm even responding to you. The real world doesn't have GM's, if your feelings are so easily offended or feel your undeserved privileges are in danger everywhere then you really should just lock your self up and hide from the world like a good snowflake.

3. zhagsten

Senior developper? Are you sure?
    They would have to design and detail that feature and define the reasons and the mean to use it. Early, because otherwise they would have to come back on all occurences of the system and it would become even more resource consuming. They would have to code tools to access it. And they would have to explain the persons using it the when and how to use them.

So tell me why would they do that. Why would they spend resources on that? How important is such a tool?

You don't spend dev time on petty revenge tools just to abuse some customers.

4. Please don't cover your face, I love it [​IMG] and the show's theme ...

[​IMG]
    Yup perfectly fits this topic [​IMG]

Oikura Izuko likes this.
  5. Waifu_Hunter

i usually start duo attempts at 15fs after 4-5 fails I'll save the stack and start on another 15fs. If its being stubborn I'll wind up with two or thee extra 35 stacks to use on whatever. Usually though I one shot duo at 15fs.

The problem is that you're not seeing any value in a failed enchant. Praise the big stacks you get and keep them for something important.

6. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Supernatural is my guilty secret.

Alicemimi likes this.
  7. Mafesio

Again it's not something you would have to program into it. In fact it's most likely not eve possible to not have, this whole game is backed by database's and global values. Obviously individual players have different values specific to a player and incorporate global values into their datasets. Fail stacks are player specific, but play on a global value. Buff's are going to be able to change any value specific to a player. Means direct access to fail stacks regardless if they wanted it that way or they would have to specifically code to exclude the fail stack field. From their you can do whatever you want want, GM's can give buff's, there would have to be manual overrides for all fields for testing and wouldn't be excluded from production code. You can set a buff with negative value in the field but it's probably coded in the client to not show a negative since it's not possible. Doesn't mean the 15 fails stacks your looking at isn't -15 fail stacks reducing your chance. That's just one way without knowing anything about their system. GM's and developer are going to obviously have access to testing tools that would give them direct access to any of these things anyway.

Again I'm not saying this is what happened, but the idea they would have to program this into the game would mean it's not there, for testing alone it would have to be.

8. Escapism

before these devs would even consider adjusting individual players enhance rates based on tickets and reports, they would adjust them based on their ingame purchases.
    there are plenty of hidden and maybe unused variables in the game and on items. I remember reading something about a "enhancement fail count" which is a hidden stat on items that can be datamined. Unless this isnt just some leftover unused variable they forgot to remove or comment out, the game actually keeps track on each of your individual items about how often you already failed enhancements on it, very possibly also a lot of other information as well. If this information is used to slightly adjust enhancement rates for this specific item or not, we dont know.

just saying there are a shitton of variables about rng in the game we dont know anything about, and possibly neither the devs. (this is also why i stated in another thread that im sure the devs dont even know their own code). I am quite sure they already have tons of rng-modifiers and variables which they can adjust without having to change a single line of code. It would honestly just be good design.

9. Mafesio

See this guy get's it lol. I'm glad somebody understands how complex things work. And I would agree 100% with you, the dev's don't even know anymore what all the adjustment values do. But the hidden stat could be something in the equation, up until now, I had only a handful of attempts getting everything to duo, but again at the time I was spending alot on pearls, now that I got everything I really want from the cash shop for now I have stopped buying pearls, hmm, didn't think of the pearl buying as being a possible modifier to your success rate.

10. zhagsten

You guys are crazy if you believe that you can let support staff modify the database directly. I hope you work under the direction of someone else and don't dev your own stuff, because what you describe is the upmost rubbish way to dev.

11. Mafesio

That they would let them change it, I'm sure it's against policy. Whether they can or not I'm sure they can. They would have to have the tools test with, if someone reports a bug, an exploiter, a bot, these things would be tools they would need to have. But again, if GM or dev was to change it, I'm sure it would go unnoticed since those tools would be made for testing, and wouldn't be subject to the same reporting logs, at least in theory, that would be alot of money and time to put into testing tools that are meant to be in house. Have you ever noticed most hacks for things, real hardcore hacks always require either debug tools or entering debug mode.

Using the tools in house would almost certainly go unnoticed. Just one scenario again. It would be crazy to say they allow the tactic as standard policy, it's not crazy to think a Dev or GM could change any those of those values and go unnoticed though.

12. Escapism

All variables that affect any aspect of gameplay should be adjustable without changing code or having to release a new patch. Obviously not just by anyone but only a few select people. Are you a programmer/software engineer/coder? if yes, do you actually hardcode often used variables that affect various things in a program? because that would be disgusting.

i played flyff for a while, some asian f2p-p2w cartoony trash-looking mmo, and even simple gms there could actually adjust certain parameters like rare item droprates for the whole server through simple console commands. Now that of course is rubbish, but not because thats possible, because gm's had access and authorization to these commands.

edit:

an easy example would be blackstone droprates, for which they constantly and repeatedly bring events.

If its designed well, they have a global "blackstone droprate modifier" parameter somewhere, which by default would be perhaps at 1, when they want to increase the bs droprate, they simply change it to a higher number. But if that number was hardcoded (literally as a fixed number in the code) then they would have to change the code, recompile, and bring a patch for that every time they adjust that value. So a better design would be to have this value somewhere in a database or a config file, and let the game (or server) read this value from there, making it possible to adjust it even without having to restart the server.

#32 Escapism, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  13. zhagsten

Support staff aren't given debug tools. They are given test tools with limited powers defined by PA, working on test servers, for a limited range of tests. Not debugging. They have administrative tools, again with limited use. They would need the tools to be voluntarily coded to give access to that supposed variable. The question comes back, again: why would you give them that? For what reason?

Kakao has already stated that they can't just modify the database. They just have limited tools and for the rest, they send back feedback to the real test team in Korea. Those are the ones who can go further with tests and work directly with the coders.

14. VashSevrem

Dont worry about it, Its a game and games are controlled by the devs regardless what people think. You could be on their **** list for many reasons. OW BTW they do have **** lists how do you think bans work? Knowing accounts have attributes and they can be changed at will very easily by a dev. Just dont talk to anyone anymore this is a Toxic game, Toxic community, Toxic support dev team. Enjoy the game in silence or get treated not so nice by bad people.

15. Mafesio

I'm with you. I have already hidden the chat window. I figured the only people I want to talk to in game I can talk to on discord.

16. Mafesio

P.S.: The game is full of people with the things to say, and then cry when you say something back to them. It's the land of snowflakes.

17. Spartakatz

right. someone does the huge effort to inspect accounts, for no reason whatsoever, creates more work for him. lol in what world do you live in?

18. Roechacca

Oh for petes sake.. Just

[​IMG]

19. Mafesio

Why does anyone do what they do.

20. ambyentlight

What did you exspect? you wasted the gms time so they nerfed your luck roll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.