1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beauty Album Portraits

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Basandre, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Basandre

Are in-game portraits preferred in the beauty album? Someone customized one of my Valks and posted it with in-game shots and got more downloads than my original Valk. You can't even see the face in their post!

So, when you are looking in the beauty album, do the in-game shots catch your eye more than the others?

2. Corrus

Nope. But If they don't show the face and make it somehow interesting (funny text or kind of pose) or nice costume of course makes people curious to see what the face looks like so more click lol. It really depends on what makes the character interesting.

Basandre likes this.
  3. Raven Croft

When I started my Sorceress. I was in the beauty album looking for fitting faces and body to use since that day and I stumbled upon the one guy that creates awesome templates. I mean he is my nr 1 go to guy or girl..I mean this person makes such awesome templates. I am kinda hating myself for not picking the template that was right next to the one I picked..Ooh well..Its not there anymore though. I just love the templates that him or her is creating. So when I picked my template then I went for the stylish and sexy looks that his templates was showing me. I am not into default what so ever...lol. I demand sexual appeal and beauty and a lil bit on the B""chy side of things. Which is why I picked the templates i got for my characters in game. I only pick one person and he or she is awesome. :)

2019-06-18_82754474.JPG

4. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

Well there have been some authors that post beauty album pictures with filters on and severely altered hair etc where people would download the customization then get something out of a horror movie instead(**cough** wont give names but it looks like one of them is in the screenshot above my post here). People got tired of that and ran a particular author off the NA version(was originally EU btw).

Anyway point is a lot of people dont trust the beauty album pictures due to problems(filters, shading off, hair jacked etc). If you take an actual screenshot in game of a character that gives the downloader a REAL picture of the customization and what it looks like, also people love fashion so if you add the in game clothes dyed it gives them ideas also as to what they want to do with their character.

rSick and Basandre like this.
  5. Ben Phoenix

I don't think most of people get affected so much by how the character is presented, the features and what they particularly like in that char count the most. I do the customization of my chars on my own but if I take a look at the beauty album, I usually don't care if the character that catches my attention is showed in portrait or in-game screenshot.

#5 Ben Phoenix, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Basandre likes this.
  6. Basandre

No need to give names @Tabri I know of whom you speak. My best guess as to why those do well is players downloading them have low graphic settings.

Lighting can be an issue, in the creator and in-game. Especially for characters with dark skin. It makes sense to be wary of what you actually get from the beauty album. Thank you; great points I'll take into consideration.

And thank you too @Ben Phoenix. Apparently presenting side boob is preferable over a face. ;)

:D

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  7. Ben Phoenix

lol ok XD

8. Aelisah

Whenever I see templates of valks in beauty album it's mainly focusing their personalitities :D :D