1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Because BDO is a pvp game

Discussion in 'PvP' started by ReddZiller, Jan 17, 2018.

1. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

the game forces me to flag up if i want to get done anything...it's that simple. if you want to progress, it's all about efficiency. other players, be it stronger or weaker, can come and stop you from being efficient. the game was designed, so the stronger one can rule over the weaker one and the weaker one has to move. that is no longer the case. you now only have following options:
    #1 continue but with **** efficiency, in the end bringing you nowhere
    #2 continue to kill, get red and wait for the white knights to come
    #3 go away from the better grindspot and move to a worse grindspot, because someone shittier than you, but with a better class at grinding deciedes to be a ****

Attached Files:

Strycer, flukeSG2 and Tansie like this.
  2. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Just as most other gear carried players view in this game. You share in the view that the lessor geared or level/ "weaker" players should just drop what they are doing and leave. Just because you show up. Because of these super dangerous views and the gear canyon in this game. I suspect this is why the devs. implemented the karma system.

Sorry to be rude in a advanced, but there's is no way of getting around it.

This is what people like you sound like when yall say this kind of things....

"Whhaaa whaaa, why can't I just mass murder people and get away with it? It's their fault that I found them! They was just begging to die on the inside! Whaaa.. why must I be punished for unnecessarily harming others? They are the ones who was wrong, not me!"

That's exactly what people like you sound. When yall complain about being karmabombed.

3. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Dude just stfu because right now you sound like a 12 year old and it's embarrassing. Everything about this game is linked to your gear.. It's the progression of the game so why do you act like it's such a bad thing to be better than someone else... People worked hard to get good gear and yeah they aren't entilted to every single grind spot they want.. But either are the people who show up and try to take it by simply being a nuisance. Why are people being rewarded for being toxic and ruining this community?

People abuse the karma system to get what they want... It's not about protecting weaker players anymore.. Because EVERYONE karma bombs no matter what level and gear. Everyone knows now that remaining guildless and simply not flagging up (whether you can kill people or not) is how you grind most efficiently.. You can have 520+gs and still karma bomb.. Not just new players.. So get that out of your head already.. It's just some ******** thing that players say because they've never been higher than 400gs and dont realise that the community don't magically change when you get decent gear.

The people who complain about this system are frustrated that the game is like this... I don't want to go around and mass murder people.. I don't want to go negative karma and risk losing gear enhances if my gear breaks during pvp.. I'm a squishy class and honestly I don't even win fights most of the time... But I'm really just fed up of people hurling abuse at me just to try and get me triggered enough to go red.. All I want is a way to get rid of these people without damaging my character and progress.. They lose literally nothing for dying in pvp.. They lose nothing but the 30 seconds it takes to run back and do it again.. Yet I lose karma and can go red.. Which is exactly what they want so they can wear me down until I die and have to leave. It really really just isn't fun.. I do try to just outfarm people now and not flag up.. I do have self control.. But that doesn't get rid of them either, especially if you're a slow grinder like valkyrie.. I'm honestly just fed up of this game in general these days and ready to quit.. The community has ruined this game and kakao/PA don't know what they are doing when it comes to PVP.. There are 100s of problems with PVP and they aren't ever going to get fixed.

AZzalor, flukeSG2 and Phalan like this.
  4. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Wait what is this.... Tells guy to "just stfu because right now you sound like a 12 year old and it's embarrassing." Then go on a whole 12 year old rant session that he/she accuses the poster he/she is quoting of doing. Please tell me what logic is this? I'm so confused right now. LOL

*Cough cough* But on a more serious note. Every single MMO that has a full open world PvP in it. Has a anti griefing system of a sort in it. Even in the MMO Eve Online where if you die, you lose everything. If you conduct a crime of murdering some unsuspecting player in High Security space, the in game NPC police with kill you and you'll lose everything.

However if you go in the No Security space you can PvP anybody all day with no risk of consequences. Just like in this game if it hurts you too much to not be able to just going around mass murdering players. You have the PvP channels which there is no risk of consequences for killing anyone.

TERA also had a karma system the players started to stop caring about. After that happened, these players griefed the noobs trying to level and quest so much. That En Mass removed open world PvP altogether. Because it was hurting their new player retention and their bottomline.

Instead of realizing these facts you and people like you. Just keep throwing around illogical statements and silly requests. That just disguise the fact that you just want to mass murder players not interested or not PvP ready at no consequence whatsoever. Without any serious threat from players who can actually be of a challenge to you. As I've said before you officially have no excuse or logical reason to want the karma system out of the game. Other then the ones I've described here.

On that note I've said all I'm going to say on this matter. So have fun with the raging name calling antics. Because there will be little chance of a response, from me to your next quote here on this matter. Good Day!

Columba likes this.
  5. Columba

Learn to share, learn To Grind, Learn To play on the pvp channel. You pvp wannabees who can’t handle a little karma loss and want easy pvp get tiresome.

6. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

I do "share".. My main is level 61 now so I'm done grinding on it.. But on my alt I'm only 57 and I go to pirates main and look for parties.. But it still gets ruined by 1 person who won't group with you (even though you are only 4 people and have invited him). They do the rotation backwards so you lose out and mess up timers. Eventually someone else in my party will flag on him and that just gives the guy more reason to stay and be a nuisance.

As for "learn to grind".... Some classes (not mine) are slower grinders than other.. So should every single valkyrie just reroll to witch/wizard so that they can outgrind others?

Grinding on the PVP channel is not always a fix either.. Only people who are LOOKING for PVP or don't care about their progress will go to a PVP channel to grind. I would maybe go there on my level 61 because I'm not looking for EXP anymore. But on my level 57 there is no point because it's a weak alt and I can't 1v1 anyone right now until I get better gear (which is why I also choose to go in parties). You might not realise this but most people don't actually WANT to PVP when they are trying to grind.. They just do it because it's a way to try and get people to leave when they disrupt your spot and giving you grief... Flagging has been around in other MMOs for years and years. But it's ineffective in this one and more damaging to yourself than anyone else. Like I said.. If they don't want to change it.. They should just remove open world PVP altogether to stop the crying about karma.. Because there is literally 0 reasons to flag up on someone.. There is no sort of reward or satisfaction from it.. All you get is more salty and toxic players.

Phalan likes this.
  7. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Here let me fix this for you.

Just as some entitled new players view the game. You share in the view that just because you paid $5 for this game you should be allowed to go everywhere on the map uncontested. This is a super arrogant view and I suspect this is why they implemented the new AP/DP cap system in Valencia, which should be introduced everywhere on the map.

Sorry, not sorry. There could be a way to get around this, but you chose not too.

This is what some of you sound like when you say these kinds of things...

"Waaaaaaah, I should be able to grind at the best spots and make the most money just because I bought the game, regardless of what type of gear I wear. Waaaaaaaaah, it's not fair my gear isn't as good as someone who's played for 2 years longer than me. Waaaaaaaaaaah....oh wait, why am I crying now I forgot I don't get any penalties for dying in PvP I can just ignore them and carry on."

That's what some of you sound like, when getting PK'd.

Just sayin' ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Strycer, AZzalor and Tansie like this.
  8. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Yep pretty much sounds just like them :D

flukeSG2 likes this.
  9. Columba

Why pirates? Go to less crowded places. That's part of learning to grind. I don't condone interrupting others' rotations, but making it less punitive to gank ungeared players or worse, implementing losses on pvp for people who don't choose to flag up would open up far far more griefing. So, what you are asking isn't feasible. There are dozens of options to keep getting exp without flagging up. Flagging up is fine too. Many people seem to do just fine with karma losses. I never find I have to flag up over a grind spot. Level 60 and never had to. Wonder why?

10. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

I go to pirates because it's decent exp, party grinding and honestly I can zone out a lot easier (I could probs do the rotation blindfolded) and grinding is much more "fun" for me there. I could go to bashims or something and just bell hop tbh since I have like 160 AP on that alt.. But I sacrifice the bells for an easier grind experience.. I find that there aren't "as many" griefers there.. You still get some but no where near as many as in other spots because it's rare that 1 person can outgrind 5.... You find people everywhere though who will just walk into your rotation.. Like I said.. I've done it before too.. I've shown up on bell channels and simply not cared because I'd rather just grind or can't swap channels. That doesn't mean that I believe it's the "right thing to do" and I'd rather they put a stop to it one way or another so people including myself don't have to rely on this toxic way of getting a spot.. There are solutions that can work for everyone.

I don't agree with implementing losses on pvp for people who don't choose to flag up.. Like you said, it opens up griefing and will cause other problems. I think the penalties for going red are too harsh though, especially considering all of the time and RNG involved in progression.. No one wants to watch themselves lose 1% because they messed up in a fight.. And no one wants to lose their enhances and gems either that take months and months to get. If they simply removed the punishments for going red and introduced DIFFERENT punishments that make negative karma more viable.. Then honestly I think things would be a lot better. There needs to be a risk vs reward.. Perhaps even just give rewards for PK'ing someone (although I think that's more likely to be abused).. But then I can at least say "hey thanks for the rewards" when someone tries to karma bomb...

Maybe just extend the desert rules to everywhere. If someone is red and harrassing you then get people to come and kill him and send him to jail.. It will get rid of them.. And it will let people win or lose their spots the way they're meant to. Might also encourage people to grind together more for protection (like it used to pre valencia before they made the changes - when the game was most fun). At least then people would think "is it worth flagging up and potentially being stuck in jail, or shall I just partying with these guys?"...

Anyway I'm done.. I cba with another of those karmabombing discussions that go around and around in loops.. You've heard my side.. I'm really not happy with how things are atm and ready to quit because of it.. I know for a fact there are many people who also feel the same way.. But most have given up trying to make changes... So if you really think that a solution to make the game enjoyable again for everyone isn't out there... Then I hope you enjoy and stick with the game as long as I did.

11. Columba

Well one mistake is going to the most crowded area for slightly better exp. save yourself angst and go elsewhere.

12. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

Just gonna copy and paste this here from another thread.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Advertising the game as a pvp game was a blatant lie.
    The game is a PvE with open world PvP = PvX.

The game is not PURELY PvP. What are you doing 80% of the time?
    Grinding silver for gear, tell me how that constitutes as "PvP" in your head.
    If this game was a "PvP" game, lifeskilling wouldn't exist, people would get more rewards based purely off pvp,
    you could loot people you kill and steal their stuff, there would be more battlegrounds for pvp, what the hell is Savage Rift doing in a pvp game?

Tell me what everyone is grinding towards....Node Wars? (Some people can't even do it, I wonder why)
    The path towards it, is definitely not PvP.
    Can you attain anything by PvPing from the get - go? No.

Why must I PvE in a PvP game.
    PUBG is PvP. DotA and LoL is PvP.
    Counterstrike is PvP. Overwatch is PvP.
    Rocket League is PvP.

Grinding at Sausans for a week IS NOT PVP.
    Yes, I'm taking your definition of the game literally because you worded it that way.
    The game has only 2 modes that are different for pvp = RBF and Node Wars.
    SWTOR even has more PvP than this game.

Open world pvp doesn't make this game a pvp game. That would mean WoW pvp servers make it a pvp game. I'm sorry to burst bubbles but the majority of players complaining were PvErs getting into the "Open world PvP" scene and getting mega butthurt and salty because someone beat the living hell out of them.

True PvPers don't give a rats arse and would exploit the poorly designed system to grief others.
    The game is a joke for proper PvPers and isn't even hardcore, it's pathetic. Something like "Life is Feudal" the game or even Runescape Wilderness was more hardcore because of the realistic risk.
    Sadly, its no benefit to anyone and is just there to waste time for everyone. If I told you there was 5 million dollars on the ceiling and advertised it, I'm pretty sure you'd be gullible and ignorant enough to believe me.

Fearless V likes this.
  13. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

I already read and replied to your ridiculously trolly reply, there is no need to copy and paste it everywhere.

14. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Like I said it's actually one of the places you will find the least amount of griefers.. Most people who go there will ask for party and leave if you are full. If a bell gets popped on your channel then you're ****ed because everyone will come to try and get in your party and most won't leave if you're full...

Most the time though you only get 1 person every so often (usually late at night as well when it's quiet) who comes and stays until they push you out...

There was one guy last night who stayed for 2 hours (yes this actually happened) refusing to group and trying to get people to leave or go red.. A total of 7 people (not including myself) eventually gave up and left over those 2 hours. They all wasted their karma on him even though I told them to ignore and outfarm... 2 people went red (very stupid of them I'll admit) and one of them died to him 2 times and once to mobs as well because he was being constantly followed by the guy whilst he was trying to ignore him and just kill mobs. I was popping PA and heals all the time to try and keep him alive but it just wasn't enough.. He went through something like 100 HP pots as well. Other people couldn't flag up to help without going red as well so I eventually just left the party and the poor guy probably got spawn camped by the karma bomber..

Also, I think it's important to say that the karma bomber was taking his gear off.. And when the guy went red he switched to his valk which was already at pirates with 500gs.. He was also guildless as well so we couldn't declare. I've seen this same guy do this 2 nights in a row now and another guy in my party knew him as well because he's done the same thing to him before too. The other time he did this we had a spot for him in the party and he wouldn't group.. But then as soon as we filled up he said we had to kick someone and invite him or he wouldn't leave.. Eventually someone left because they were fed up, and the guy refused to join again (..............???????) How can these people exist in our community and why is this considered ok? Surely there is something that can be done to stop this but also keep the rest of the community happy.

15. Drakkaelus

I've played a lot of MMOs over the years. Usually on PvP servers if given the option. One thing that's pretty universal is the fact that most people aren't looking for actual fights, no matter how much they thump their chests about it on forums. Yeah, they'll ambush some lowbie who wandered too close to their grind spot or someone who's fishing, AFK or already engaged in combat. But if it looks like the guy heading their way can defend himself? Suddenly it's all hugs and kissy-face emotes because they don't want any problems.

Happens every game. Don't be surprised.

Fearless V likes this.
  16. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Yeah I know what you're saying.. They really needed some sort of incentive to create fun PVP that has a purpose... That way the people who are looking for PVP will not be fighting at grind spots just for the sake of it... Things like stealing trade packs would have been super cool and worked really well on Archeage.. The amount of massive GvG fights that happened because someone stole a trade pack... XD Guilds would go and hand in their packs all together for protection.. Or would go and try and steal packs from a guild they disliked.... It could have been implemented into this game really easily as well.. If people don't want to lose their trade pack then use the transport system and lose a bit of your profit as well.. If you're willing to fight or have protection when trading then you will make more profit.. RISK VS REWARD! xD People who are alone and enjoy PVP could make a decent profit from stealing stuff too (but would ofc lose karma for killing and stealing it).

P.S: I dare you to give me a reason why this SHOULDN'T be implemented and how it would be a bad idea.

17. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Nope, it's not my "view". it's how the game was designed in the beginning, but they changed it later cause too many little QQ kids didn't always get the best peace of the cake and actually had to work for their stuff to get to that point.
    it's not my "view", it's a fact.

Tansie likes this.
  18. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

But why are you grinding silver 80% of the time? RIGHT, do get better gear to do pvp...the only use of silver is to get better gear, and better gear is used for pvp...so in the end, the pve is a neccessary evil, needed to do pvp.

flukeSG2 and Tansie like this.
  19. Strycer

Strycer Kunoichi 61 EU

Such a simple Solution for this shittard Karmabombers...
    Make a limited amount for each spot relating to the karmaloss, where the "Killer" does not loose anymore Karma.

So if u r for example sausans and some wannabe begins karmabombing you (cause he cant stand the fact, that he is weaker than u and somehow wants to keep his pride) then u loose karma as usuall by killing that Karmabombing ******
    But after the... dont know 3-4 Kill... on the SAME spot, then u no longer loose Karma.

PLUS...

Make the lower lvl Spots less interesting for high geared players.
    Why should a 450GS Musa Grind at Sausans? Enable the EXP, Loot and Skill Points gain on lower spots.
    In other Words, make it based on the current Gear Score.

Tansie likes this.
  20. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

Guildmate on Mystic at Nagas: Man this tamer jumped in my rotation and keeps telling me the spot is taken, i was here first
    Me: maybe you should fight them? Aren't you playing a Mystic?
    Mystic: Yeah, I guess I'll flag and scare'm off.
    Me: I mean, we could probably dec'm, what guild is it?
    (no answer comes for about a minute)
    Mystic: Wow, that guy was really weak. Guild? Oh, they were from ManUp.
    Me: It's a trap!
    Mystic: What?
    (another moment passes)
    Mystic: I've been sent to the jail lol
    Me: ...rip.

Strycer likes this.