1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Berserk X Black Desert

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Keldorn, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Roechacca

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not into sex scenes, real or animated. If two people kiss and the scene goes dark, I get it.. Don't need the play by play.

Corrus, Solitaire and JM like this.
  2. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Ya I feel you. There is little left to the imagination in Berserk. And to be clear it's most often sexual violence being depicted which is even harder to watch/read and there is unfortunately a lot of it. However, the story is amazing and the Golden Age Arc (storyline covered in 90s anime which tells the story of Guts before he became the Black Swordsman) is one of the most epic tragedies you'll ever see. To avoid the awfulness at the very end stop at the eclipse and just read about the horrible thing that happened.

Solitaire, Fateneko and Roechacca like this.
  3. Dark Eus

To bad i cant choose the face of Guts model instead of those warrior drunk man models ingame. (all warrior base model are crap)
    A damn coincidence is that few days ago i started to watch all the anime episodes, although i heard of the Berserk and stuff but i was not curious till recent days.
    Now i see this :) , would be damn awesome if this game had more drama and was more dark...

Solitaire likes this.
  4. Capitaine Courage

By the way, that's a nice way to kill in utero the warrior succession system before it even lands on our shores if the Berserker armor and the Dragonslayer are actually avalaible as skins.
    Genius.

That was what the ambience of the game was supposed to be at the beginning, they even called it "medieval noir" .... And then came the modern swimsuits, the stupid hats, the lolis (I mean, shais), the neon dyes, the pomeranian dogs and persian cats as battle pets, the blue otters who wear wigs, believe they're a disney princess and are supposed to be the oldest and wisest spirits of the world ...And all that crap ...
    Don't except any of the games that PA has announced to keep the initial vibe of their trailers for long once they're released ...

#44 Capitaine Courage, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Corrus likes this.
  5. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

The items are already listed in bdocodex:
    • Berserker armor for male classes
      • Warrior also gets the Dragonslayer
    • Griffith armor for female classes (Shai excluded)
      • also comes with a B helmet option
    • Behelit (Sharp Destruction alchemy stone)
    • Behelit jukebox
    Googling that comes up with another posts of yours, sure you haven't just made that up?

Smileybones and Solitaire like this.
  6. Blitzball

Any screenshots of these costumes ?

7. Capitaine Courage

6:22, interview of Hui Man Ryu, the music composer. That's his term.

8. MagicalTabletopGirls

And then at the beach events all the NPCs are dancing... And people danced in Medieval Times... It's not like they had TV.

Factorial and Corrus like this.
  9. Alterist

From the Japanese event site: Berserker armor + Dragonslayer.

Griffith armor hasn't been posted anywhere yet, though you can just google "Griffith armor", as he only ever had one armor throughout the manga afaik.

Thanks, though in this case it's just the audio director.
    There is more to ambience than just music. Visuals are also important and if we go by beginnings (first trailer) then it didn't look medieval noir at all.

Music was also remastered, where the previous Velia music was described by their composer as dark and dull and that the orchestrating made it a lot more colourful and dynamic. This may also go against the medieval noir theme that may only one person had in mind.

And about the other complaints:
    • People wanted swimsuits and they actually took their sweet time in releasing them as part of them didn't see them fitting either.
    • Shais were always in the game.
    • Yes, full neon pink isn't exactly pretty, but it allows for greater customization. And it's not like the models or grotesque monster from character creation fit into the world either, so it technically 'fails' it right at the start.
    • We don't actually have battle pets and while 'some' of those breeds didn't exist in medieval times, a lot of other things aren't medieval either.
    • Papus as in blue otters? The oldest spirit just takes the form of a Papu, but isn't one. And if Papus are unfitting, normal talking otters should be too and those are in since forever too.

Solitaire likes this.
  10. Findubar

Griffith did nothing wrong!

11. Dark Eus

btw can we get Nosferatu Zodd in demon form as pet? :D as a boss to kill ingame would be even more awesome!

and it would be great if can change the way black spirit looks and transform him into the beast of darkness

#51 Dark Eus, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Solitaire likes this.
  12. Solitaire

Solitaire Lady_Lament Guardian 59 NA

Berserk thread and no song links, how can anyone forget it!? Berserk is the anime one suggests when one's friends say they like "dark themed anime". *warning:may end some friendships*

Ben Phoenix and JM like this.
  13. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

The GOAT! Let's not forget "Forces"!

Solitaire likes this.
  14. Xatorie

OMG looks nice.
    If the warrior were better I would buy the armor immediately!
    But why buy the armor if you do not like the class :(

15. Solitaire

Solitaire Lady_Lament Guardian 59 NA

Energy alts! My warrior is a happy little farmer with the creepiest smile I could make, though he might rejoin the battlefield just for this event, warrior flood warning!

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  16. Catastigma

[​IMG]

You also forgot that All male classe get the Berzerker armor.
    And All female get the Griffith one
    This one surely,(original one) Or the Rebirth one... how knoe..
    [​IMG]

But i realy think that female would get more the Femto one, Cause thier dont pick the original armor of Gutz.

[​IMG]

#56 Catastigma, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    ODB3698 and Solitaire like this.
  17. Tanjirin

I hope they outsource the art otherwise we're going to end up with:

[​IMG]

Keldorn, Ben Phoenix, Erroll and 5 others like this.
  18. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

Thank you for the laugh I almost spit my coffee out :)

Tokigare, ODB3698 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  19. Blacksheep

Blacksheep 60 EU

Thought is a warrior exclusive skin and for female i expect casca was a better choice. (I would just start endless spoilers, who would fit better for these role) :D

Overall if you start to read the manga, you should know the story is still not at end. I mean it go on since +20 years and if you are lucky you will see more then 2-3 chapters per "year".

EDIT: my fail its already +30 years

JM likes this.
  20. Alterist

From Taiwan:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Puck is available as a fairy "costume".

Skull Knight apparently also exists as a NPC (not sure if boss or not), with Zodd being a world boss.

Solitaire and Dark Eus like this.