1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Berserk X Black Desert

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Keldorn, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Joungf

That is not my point.

2. Capitaine Courage

What is your point then ?

3. zhagsten

Berserk collab after we got a censored Shai. That's quite particular.

Fateneko and Joungf like this.
  4. Joungf

"Why?" - was my question. I wonder, how those PA guys tick. Seriously, they are doing things the chaotic way.
    In my opinion they have no plan, no thread. They just do a bit of this and a bit of that, as long as it generates income.
    Now people are irritated if they should use 18+ stuff regarding Berserk in the 16+ BDO forum or not. At least it is against TOS

#104 Joungf, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  5. Findubar

The higher ups at kaka/pa are actually the God Hand.
    Change my mind.

6. Joungf

You nailed it!

Fateneko likes this.
  7. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Seems like we got a lot of book burners in this community.

MADE likes this.
  8. Joungf

Books? Who need books? We all have tablets and mobile phones. :D

9. Capitaine Courage

Why make a collaboration with Berserk ?
    Because Berserk is one of the most sold mangas and has inspired a lot of fantasy works, black desert amongst others …
    Is it … that hard to undestand ?

I really start to think that 3 years of continuous mindless repetitive activities on Black Desert has started to severely alter the cognitive abilities of some players, and I'm dead serious.

JM likes this.
  10. Joungf

OK. - I have no other questions. :)

11. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Exactly..... Do you read much? Most fiction isn't my Little pony. Berserk is an amazing and deep story. Yes a pivotal piece of the story is the eclipse and the rape of Caska..... This isn't a secret. To those that say, "this isn't appropriate for the West", what about Game if Thrones? What about the Bible? Should 16 yr olds not read the Bible cause there is rape and murder in it? Do we ban any story that has bad and difficult to stomach events in it? Or is literature actually the place where we can grapple with difficult topics.

Why is BDO doing this collab? Who knows.... A few guesses... It's one of the most popular stories known and loved worldwide (it's endured and found audience globally cause it's incredible). BDO warrior already looks like a Guts template.... Easy. Much of BDO player base is adult and anime fans. Stop ruining everything good with the book burning attitude. Don't play the quest, don't read Berserk, stick to my little little pony and move on.

Fateneko likes this.
  12. Joungf

I know Berserk. I read the mangas and watched the animes. I am more confused over the double standards of PA / Kakao.

Phoenixxx75 and Solitaire like this.
  13. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

While the manga may be for ages 18+, the design of two armours and two characters aren't by themselves.

BDO also has different age restrictions depending on the country. In EU/NA it is 16, whereas in Korea it is 18. And if you were to take a look into our Terms of Use, you can find this particular bit:
    The age of majority is for the majority of EU/NA at 18 (Scotland is 16, whereas parts of the US are 19 or 21), so, ignoring the exceptions, no one at 16 should be playing the game, unless their legal guardian agreed to it.

Joungf and Solitaire like this.
  14. gatsupl

Damn you :P

15. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

I see no double standard. I won't comment on Shai here aside to say they made something weird that didn't need to be. Like Alterist said there is nothing about this collab or costumes that is bad or questionable.

Furthermore, do you think YA novels don't cover rape/sexual assault? This is why I asked if you read much.... Not to be a jerk but literature often covers difficult topics. It's the beauty of fiction. It allows us to explore what's difficult. So I seriously fail to see how the fact that something awful happened in a tragedy makes this tame and small collab problematic or inappropriate in any way.

Fateneko likes this.
  16. T800

So rape and sexual assault is to you " the beauty of fiction " ? Sounds like none sense to me.

Unlike Movies and Tv Shows, that put boundaries on what you can create by actors performance and capabilities, Anime/Manga is much less restricted in that sense, there are no actors that would bring limitation on your story creation. And that what makes it unique - creating stories were everything is possible, apart from limitation that you put by your own morals and imagination.

This is why when you bring critical elements from Real World, which you can easily portray and has been done a lot in Movies and TV shows - is a waste of time.

Anime/manga - should enrich your imagination and take you on a journey to the worlds never portrait before by Movies and Tv shows.

17. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

What are you even talking about? The beauty of fiction is in part, to me, the ability it gives us to explore difficult topics. I'll ask you, do you think YA novels don't cover rape and sexual assault? And when they do, do you view that as the author being pro-rape? Should we ban any piece of fiction that covers difficult or violent topics? You earlier said, "this isn't appropriate for the West". That's silly and pretty broad. What about Game if Thrones (rife with rape and incest)? What about the Bible?

Just because it's too much to stomach for your sensibilities doesn't mean it's "wrong or problematic". I am currently reading a novel called "Deep Night" and it start with a rape victim stumbling into a group of friends camping after escaping her captor. Am I bad? Is the author bad? It's been a pretty great story so far.

I patently reject your twisted interpretation of what I said.

18. zhagsten

This one is a bit too much honestly. WTH with that guy making people get swallowed by whales because they talked bad and then striking them with lightning when they apologize?

19. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm but you aren't describing the story of Jonah remotely accurately.

20. Solitaire

Solitaire Lady_Lament Guardian 59 NA

Didn't everyone have to read "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" in middle school?_?

Taken from Wikipedia: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings is a 1969 autobiography describing the early years of American writer and poet Maya Angelou. The first in a seven-volume series, it is a coming-of-age story that illustrates how strength of character and a love of literature can help overcome racism and trauma.