1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Berserker - Information need!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by Blatow, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Blatow

Hello!

There's any source of new information about what Berserker should wear at this moment, what skill update, addons etc.?

Because I consider to switch to Berserk, but Its hard to find good source of information, and I would like to know combos and movement combo also how to rise my skills.

I would be appreciate if any experienced Berserker will help me with that matter!!

2. Törni

To be honest, zerker community is on suicidewatch right now similarly to valkyrs/rangers. The class doesn't feel as much fun to play as before.

A lot of old zerker players have quitted (more and more as weeks are passing), or just don't care anymore. It feels like the whole community has lost it's enthusiasm towards the class, and the few still not giving up is still trying to find the new identity of the class when it comes to PVP.

In circumstances like this, it's really hard to give advices to new players...

We were always extremely gear-dependent, now even more after the changes. Most would say "forget pvp" under 250 AP. This might be an overstatement, still I understand where ppl saying this are coming from.

The class is fairly easy to understand and get into, still has higher than average skill-ceiling. Losing grabchains made it even higher. Btw, the all-time hated grabchains are the least most cared about losing. I would say the real breakpoint was after the SA/CC nerf, which limited the class's potential of outplays a lot. Generally nowadays it feels more like being a punching-bag and forced more frequently into SA trades, only to be outdamaged by most of the classes with comparable AP.

Our mobility is still nice, it didn't got nerfed, however our mobility was never consistent enough to rely on it without meaningful cc's (giant leap for example).

Personally, I'm really not expecting any fine tuning from PA, at least not now. Maybe weeks/months later, when PA notices zerker's K/D ration being extremely low again compared to other classes.

#2 Törni, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  3. Tulukhast

Couldn't have put it better than Torni. your best place for help is the Berserker Discord. sometimes you get troll answers by people who don't know the answer to your question, but some are very helpful.

https://discord.gg/83Ny223

4. Wispur

I still maintain that Berserker is "on suicide watch" is because the class no longer has a gimmick to make it unique.

The class was literally designed around grapples, and now we can't do them better than any other class with 2 grapples. Heck, we usually can't even get off 2 grapples in a node war thanks to the CC cooldown timer.
    Our "gimmick" is gone.

Outside of "I want to be a giant" there is no mechanical reason to play Berserker over any other class.

We don't have something unique like Ninja Stealth/double jump or Lahn Flight.

We don't push a mechanic to an extreme like Musa speed.
    (We used to push CC's to an extreme, but not anymore)

So, lacking a unique gimmick, the class is just... pointless.

#4 Wispur, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    choovanski, charley222 and Findubar like this.
  5. Findubar

ogres don`t sell costumes ;)