1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Berserker Optimization Feedback

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by Waco, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Waco

TLDR: PLEASE revert the Bersker Optimization until it is fully tested instead of adding untested, buggy code into the game

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly I would like to state that I have played Berserker from the start of the game in North America, and have a good baseline knowledge of the class overall. Learning new cancel/mechanics for the class is something that I enjoy and overall one of my favorite parts of the game - However recently on April 11th a major change was made to the giant class with little/no feedback on what was modified (which I GREATLY disagree with - heavy testing has been done by the community to evaluate all that was "modified). This was the following:

[​IMG]

This has changed some of the core parts about being a Berserker, which are some of the mobility and skill cancels which help the class feel more fluid at the end of combos and skills. Some of these are cancels which we have been using for months (and in some cases years). Since the update, some of these abilities are flat out broken - or are much more difficult to reliably use.

An example is a side smackdown ->Frenzied Destroyer combo (this was recorded before the patch):

https://streamable.com/afxne

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Berserker community has provided this feedback previously the day this patch came out:

Frenzied Destroyer inputs are: S + LMB + RMB

Beastly Wind slash inputs are : S + RMB

The black slashing garbage is Beastly Wind slash.

Basically what the problem with the changes are: https://clips.twitch.tv/LivelyHomelyManateeAsianGlow

Functional Berserker input with BWS locked: https://clips.twitch.tv/BadPeacefulCasetteCharlietheUnicorn

Same inputs Frenzied Destroyer not working with BWS locked: https://clips.twitch.tv/TriumphantDepressedLapwingUWot

Trying to do Frenzied Destroyer with Beastly Wind slash unlocked: https://clips.twitch.tv/CloudyKindMonitorCeilingCat

Frenzied Destroyer inputs literally not going through, before the first clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/OriginalTenaciousCookieBlargNaut

Other issues with the class are just flat out broken and buggy since the change, for example https://streamable.com/95ajq

There are other issues, but overall it is unreasonable to expect the community to pinpoint, find, and report the massive amount of bugs that have resulted in this "optimization". While the intent of improving the overall flow and feeling of the class is something that everyone can agree is great, not enough testing and feedback was given and even two weeks later its a buggy mess to play the class. Alot of Berserkers have gone as far as to remove some of the most favorable cancels which they have used for months because they simple do not work or are unreliable.

The class did not have any cancels which were game breaking and needed to be nerfed. This change was most likely put into effect to remove the "headbutt" glitch which was performed using headbutt with low fps. Resolving one bug with an unknown number of issues is something that the Berserker community is overall not satisfied with, and personally would like to simply rollback these optimizations. We have seen attempts to fix this issue in the previous patch, but these problems still remain.

Personally created drawing of how I feel since the April 11th patch:

[​IMG]

#1 Waco, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  2. DuckRs

Well put together thread. Pretty sure every single zerk is with you on this. Not sure how many times people have asked for a PTR/PBE server for BDO that's not KR. Or have a dedicated staff that actually tests this crap before they throw it out on all of us. It's getting old fast.

Törni, choovanski, imbeth and 2 others like this.
  3. Redwolf

Additionally Fierce Strike is so much clunkier now it's unbelievably bad... Some of the flows are almost worthless as the base skill is so poor now. Fierce Strike always had it's problems (Foot stomp > Shake Off ends up being Foot Stomp > Fierce Strike if you mess up the timing) but it's a lot less smooth now into and out of the skill than it used to be.

You have to compensate way too much now with pauses and the like. This is suicide in a fast-paced game. Especially when your classes main defence tool is jumping around like a stupid monkey all the time...

TL:DR Fix the Animation Lock at the end of Fierce Strike please. You broke it. Thanks...

4. Teekz

100% agree with everything Waco is saying. The initial "optimization" on April 11th brought the first wave of FD problems, and with the latest patch we can straight up failing to execute FD with proper inputs. The game is saying, "Please try again in a moment". Uhhh what?

Please address these issues with some sort of acknowledgement, nobody likes to be kept in the dark.

5. Rionat

Rionat Berserker 63 NA

I agree solving one bug does not justify destroying an entire kit and creating another host of issues

6. Reave711

7. Parc

Pls help :(

imbeth likes this.
  8. BANiSH

Agreed. Berserker is a mess currently. Also fix Frenzied Destroyer. KR has the fix for almost 3 weeks now.

imbeth likes this.
  9. Tulukhast

Can't agree more, bugs like this make Berserker feel like it is in alpha testing stage. it's just horrible

imbeth and charley222 like this.
  10. Waco

11. Waco

imbeth and PootyTang like this.
  12. Waco

Guess I'll test and see if any noticable changes - does not appear any bug fixes yet though sadly

13. Arg0

I'm getting the same error using giant leap on this patch. I don't know how to reproduce it yet but it happened multiple times.

Waco likes this.
  14. Waco

Ill have to test and provide more feedback, this error is killing the class - any insight would be appreciated so I can try to reproduce

15. HogWash

All this amazing feed back from waco and kako can't even be bothered to reply in this thread
    Forward feed back kako and tell us what they said

16. Waco

Latest update:

change to shooting mobility has made it not an iframe - translated into you getting stuck on players/mobs and making the ability completely useless in any type of clustered environment (pve or pvp included)

will try and get examples of this, as well as the BWS desync after undertaker bug that I have

17. Arg0

BWS is getting the same error as FD when used after certain abilities. Looks like we just gotta stay the hell away from pre-awakening outside of grabs.

18. Information

I've been playing zerk since I started the game more than a year ago, and now with last patch, my wizzard lvl 60 with 1k skill points that I made in 2 weeks perform 10 times better than my main in any content of the game. Gr8 g8me.

19. Waco

Sadly even if they "balance" other classes these bugs still remain - and are a big turn off for the class. Axes are some of the most fun combos when playing giant. I am optimistic and hoping that they are tracking at least some of these issues and planning on fixing them!

20. Waco

Making progress with the recent bug fixes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]