1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Berserker] Titan Blow Stealth Nerfed (along with Ancient Wave)

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by Waco, May 2, 2019.

1. Waco

[​IMG]

• The additional hit damage of the skills Black Spirit: Giant Leap I, II, and III will now be applied properly.

• Fixed the issue where the skills Storming Beast and Headbutt allowed for abnormally fast use of skills.

• Fixed the issue where the number of actual targets that received damage from the skill differed from what was written in the skill’s tooltip.
      • Beast Roar
    • Successfully landing an additional hit of Powerful Headbutt while performing Headbutt I will now properly recover WP.

• Additional hits will now be activated after using Headbutt or Powerful Headbutt for Headbutt levels II to Absolute.

• WP Recovery effect will now be applied when using Ultimate: Headbutt.

• Attack range increase effect will now be properly applied for Knee Kick attack of the skill Storming Beast II.

• The Counter Attack effect will now be properly applied to when it’s not cooldown for the skill Tackling Rock.

• Fixed the issue where only 1 hit would be applied for the skill Ground Thrust which was launched after Charge during the skill Rock Smash.

• Description about commands to perform the following skills have been added to the skill tooltip:
      • Beast Roar
      • Predatory Hunt
    • The Bleeding effect of the skill Beast Roar will now be applied in PvE.

• The critical rate of the additional hit of Frenzied Destroyer IV will now be properly applied in PvE.

• Flow: Split Shot will now be continuously activated by clicking then holding onto LMB while performing the skill Black Spirit: Titan Blow.

• Description regarding Down Attack has been added to the tooltip of the skill Giant Leap.

• Description regarding Down Attack has been added to the tooltip of the skill Ground Lifting.

• Description regarding CC status effect has been added to the tooltip of the skill Titan Step.

• Fixed the issue where Skill Add-on effect would be applied to the skill Black Spirit: Giant Leap.

• Fixed the issue where 1 less additional hit would be launched during PvP for the skill Black Spirit: Giant Leap.

• Fixed the issue where description regarding CC status effect and Stamina would not be properly displayed in the tooltip of the skill Flow: Jump Sequence.

• Fixed the issue where WP would be recovered even during cooldown of the skill Ground Lifting in certain situations.

• Description regarding ‘Damage reduced in PvP and Down Attack’ has been added to tooltip of the skill Flow: Split Shot.

• Fixed the wrong description of the skill effect in the tooltip of the skill Flow: Ancient Wave.

• Description regarding ‘WP Recovery on a good hit and Down Attack’ has been added to tooltip of the skill Flow: Ancient Power.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The April 30th patch notes (https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/2654) - along with the recent KR and test realm notes had a long section regarding Berserker. While the tooltip changes appeared to just be updates, there was one major modification to the skill titan blow. The bsr variant of the ability recieved a slight buff based on the patch notes by allowing for split shot to be cast afterwards (although the ability itself is still somewhat unusable due to being extremly long cast time for an unprotected ability).

A major modification to the skill instead was the the damage appears to be significantly lowered. This was the prepatch tooltip:

[​IMG]

The following is the post patch tooltip:
    [​IMG]

This reflects the true nature of the ability (the last hit would hit harder than the previous attacks). While this tooltip indicates that the overall hits are the same (1262x2 (times 2 hits) = 4 hits + 1262x3 = 3 hits) and that this was just a tooltip update - the overall consensus of the Berserker community has noticed that this has had a negative impact on the flow related to this skill, Ancient Wave.

[​IMG]

It appears that from an Ancient Wave perspective, the change in the tooltip for whatever reason has resulted in a 20-30% reduced damage on the flow. Based on the patch notes (as well as the tooltips), this should not be the case, and I would like to validate that this is not a bug or due to some other undocumented changes.

Will try to get some more feedback on this, but it is hard as the community was not expecting a change to ancient wave so we do not have accuracy before/post patch numbers on equal gear.

2. Sevaar

:( im quit if not fixed :( also maybe groundlift superarmor pls?

i feel about 30-40% ancientwave dmg loss :( :(

I thought i was crazy for doing 30-40% less dmg with giant leap and ancient wave :( phew good thing this will be fixed by next week! fingers crossed

choovanski and Waco like this.
  3. Rybonia

Agreed. This seems to be an unintended change based on the patch notes. Also feeling around a 30% nerf in ancient wave damage.

#3 Rybonia, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  4. Teekz

This does feel like a bug or change with unintended consequence. Typically, when a skill is nerfed or buffed, we are given new numbers. However, there is no acknowledgement that Ancient Wave would be doing about 30-40% less damage. The Berserker community has been very disappointing with this bug, as it makes one of our biggest finishing moves very underwhelming. Please forward these comments to Pearl Abyss to look into. I believe it was unintended, and it should be rectified ASAP.

5. Vafthrudnirson

Would rather have KD back on quick slot flame buster than ancient wave fixed. Quick slot blizzard still works fine, why is wizard allowed to rebind but berserker is not? Unfair and malicious change that has never been addressed.

6. Decem

Sorry but that was deserved. AW had stupidly high damage in every AP bracket. Zerker was only class destroying me with grab and ancient wave while any other class in same AP bracket did way less damage with several skills chained together.

7. Failbot

Never been hit with a skull crusher for example I see.

Even if you think its justified, you SHOULD still be mad about an undocumented ninja nerf/incompetence that lead to a bug.

8. Decem

Happened to my class several times as well, classic BDO. After playing since korean OBT im not surprised. Just accepted fact that they can do whatever they want. If its bug, they will fix it dont worry. But i was calling for AW nerf for a long time because damage wise its warrior`s 100% ultimate on 20s cd.

9. Suplexu

Its 30 seconds, not 20 (there's literally a screenshot of the tooltip on the OP), the range in which it deals full damage is tiny and its an unprotected skill. Yeah it had crazy damage, but it also had to pay for that in every other avenue.

This wouldn't be as huge of an issue if Berserker had other skills to lean on for damage, but it doesn't.

10. DuckRs

So based on that logic, skills like castigatio, grim reaper, foul play, serpent ascension, skull crusher, bridled despair, etc. deserve the same treatment. Not sure which one of those skills fall under your class, but I'd be pissed too if the same thing happened to foul play. Pearl Abyss has been managing and developing this game for over 4 years now. Mistakes like this shouldn't be happening, or should be extremely rare but handled immediately.

11. Törni

This is a bug topic, so whatever you think about AW's damage is not relevant and belongs to the class discussion. This makes you only a troll here and your comment should just be deleted, as it adds nothing to the main thread.

12. Decem

First, why do you think its a bug ? Thats same thing as me thinking its not a bug. Just different point of view but considering it as bug fits your perspective better.

13. Törni

Because it is not the first time they break something on the class unintentionally. Second this is the exact reason, why patchnotes exist and should cover all changes - - to eliminate every possible doubts whether it is being a bug or intentional decision.

As long as the latter is not happening, we players have every rights to assume that this change was not supposed to happen -> have to report it to be investigated. I hope you understand now why your personal opinion has no place here.

Kuts2 and Squallity like this.
  14. Decem

Your personal opinion also involves deduction that everything should be in the patch notes. Its their game, they can do whatever they want. You have exactly ZERO rights to expect something in the patch notes. You are mistaking changelog with patch notes. Is this your first game ? For example, in recent BF5 (fps shooter) they are releasing 4 page long patch notes, yet, another 20 changes arent included there.

15. Failbot

I think it's a bug because the damage drop off plus some minor testing done looks like AW isn't counting the last hit of TBs damage into AWs damage, only the first 4 hits, it used to count all 7. Granted this is more or less just a theory.

What now?

Kuts2 likes this.
  16. Decem

If its bug, then good for you all, you can continue to blow people up after easy grab.

17. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

how is *quickslot* blizzard out of all things anything to be mentioned? o.0

18. Rybonia

Are you just actively playing devils advocate or something here? Take your emotion out of it for a bit. They post changes to damage in every patch note, if a skill is buffed or nerfed. So when a skill just starts doing 30-40% less damage most people assume its a bug. As they should. Should all the wizard/witches that had their entire kit stealth nerfed due to the pet damage bug have just accepted it because "Hey its their game! they don't have to tell us about changes if they dont want to!" Bugs exist. People reporting them is how it gets fixed or cleared up.

19. Kaisurio

FIX IT

20. DeezAxes

please fix this. i main as a zerker for 2 years now, and its very sad that you have been nerfing this class since may of 2018. all these balances make the class and game feel boring