1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best event

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Cahir, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Cahir

Cahir Sorceress 63 EU

A week without events

Who remember last week with no event in BDO?

Who Is already tired of all boring events?

2. Capitaine Courage

It's part of the gamedesign as much as the economic model.
    BDO wouldn't work without them nowadays.
    Yes, it's kinda sad indeed.

3. gurghul

I will tell u a secret but promise to me you will not tell anyone..... Ready? Ok let's go

You don't need participate in events if you don't like them but ciiii , that is a secret

Lefteye, Myntiix, Yumine and 4 others like this.
  4. zhagsten

Let me add some more event items in your inventory that have to be combined with login rewards and you can go farm another event item for an event quest in the meantime!

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  5. Cahir

Cahir Sorceress 63 EU

Sadly event trash going to drop anyway and také my precious space in inventury ☹️

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  6. Nextgengame

I wouldn't call adding a random drop to mobs "event"...

7. woots

event is the carrot to replace actual content.

Guess they consider the game without "event" would be sh#tty, but instead of making the game interesting, they run event.
    #logic101 /irony

8. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

many people love the fact that there is always something to do , since we get events every week :)

T800 likes this.
  9. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

If we get 1 event/week will be ok maybe. But 5events in same time. Blah

Valentine day, charity event (ok its not in-game), guardian, fairy's faves, Witch hunt

They need to ad workablle content instead of events.

Life2v and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  10. Lord_Xenon

You have enough workable content.

Events give you a goal when you want it. While drop events seem forced, how would YOU(this is for every reader) run them?

11. zhagsten

I've thought about it several times, sometimes I would like an opt-out option for automatic drops. There are events for which I look at what's to be done and what the rewards are, and I'm not interested. If that event include drops, I want the possibility not to take part. Typical example is the Cacao drops right now. I'm not interested in crafting the chocolate bars for strength exp.

12. Cahir

Cahir Sorceress 63 EU

Simple, lets say there Is 20 events for every 3 month, average gain from one event Is 2 000 000 silver value (not Real numbers)

So Lets make one proper event instead of 20, oné where price Is in value of 40 000 000 silver. And what about make it interesting, chain of Guild quests with some nice final boss like Kzarka or Garmoth or Incarnation of corruption (i rly like this boss)

Now you have interesting event, moře Guild/party content in one.

13. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

You need to feel pity for the newer players who are still trying to get their story quests done.

14. ghoulz666

What are you talking about? These events all revolve around people doing the same exact mundane crap they always done.

Sprinkles on top of a moldy cupcake.

Life2v and Allan1985 like this.
  15. DafuqYouLookinAt

Honestly, I really appreciate events and I hope they never stop creating them. I think events are great and I will admit some events are not that interesting or rewarding but there's a lot of nice ones that we've had too.
    I agree that events give you a goal to work towards and events take different efforts than your usual game play.
    There's in-game events and the ones that are like [for example] screenshot, videography, costume & fan art/drawing - the arts. I really enjoy those. I'd love more PVP events too!

Take in consideration too that gaming companies have various departments and some of those people are focused on specific content for the game. I think events are necessary and acceptable for a game. It's content but it may not be the content you want.
    I will always favor important content over anything else because that is the core foundation of the game but if they took events away it'd be a really terrible decision.

The grind events are frustrating though because a lot of the loot never stacks and it should...that's all part of their plan for it not too.

16. Joungf

Well, you do not participate in any part of the game like fishing, node wars, PvP, farming, producing, trading, sailing, breeding, housing, enhancing, ...

17. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

do people always fight behives with a matchlock? doubt...

those content bring fresh wind to the game. finaly the balenos forest is FULL of people fighting behives ;)

18. Allan1985

you mean like you do with the whales? ...or the khalks? ...or Piku? ... or savage rift?

finally??? ....you feel lonely dont you?

Nextgengame and Life2v like this.
  19. Aurasormr

If only the events were special in someway.
    These events dont feel event'y in any way. Also having events every week kinda ruins the purpose of events - no?

20. Amirite

I thought this was a positive post...those are rare.