1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best One-Time Pearl Investment Options?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LeeBMC, Sep 5, 2018.

1. LeeBMC

Hi,

First post here! I've been playing on the steam client (EU) for just under 1 month and I love this game already.

My last 7 day rookie Value Pack ran out a few days ago and since then I've adapted, arranged storage and planned ahead on how I will proceed without the marketplace and additional storage space (Note: I will almost NEVER buy a VP with pearls at their current price. I still use the marketplace even with the 35% tax for everyday items such as relic shards - the only thing I've changed is not selling my processed goods or items worth 10m+ until I get the 1 day loyalty VP every 2 weeks, then dump items, rinse and repeat). My grind spots net me around 10-12m/hour and rely more on tradeins than RNG drops and i do Imperial Delivery to further avoid the marketplace.

So my question is, if I bought 10,000 pearls (+however many bonus you get on top) in a 1 time transaction, what would you recommend I purchase that would make the game easier for me in the long run as a non-VP player?

- Processing Outfit already owned
    - 3x pets (+1 free Kuku, 4 total) owned

What I thought:

5th pet = 900 pearls
    A shiny Costume because reasons = 2500-3500 pearls
    The rest on weight and inventory.

2. Frazan

Frazan Ranger 61 EU

pets and Just buy maids.. Maids are love maids are life.

3. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Tent -because it p2w cash grab.
    5th pet -just because.
    Maidens - they OP.
    Weight/Inv slots.

4. clort

If it was me, in no particular order:

Value Pack
    Kama Blessing
    5x T3 pets
    All the weight expansions
    At least 100 inventory slots
    1 Costume
    Storage / Market Maids

Tent at a later date when you get more pearls if you wanted

5. GreyRebel

A 5th pet
    2 or 3 more maids
    An outfit ofc
    Weight > inventory space if u ask me
    And also cap ur luck , so i think u must buy underwear (u get 1 from fairy and 3 from knowledge )

Fearless V and MoonDance17 like this.
  6. LightsOut

You can't really get 10 000 pearls. 100 USD will net you 12 000 pearls, which is even better.

Most important is PETS. You have 3 + 1 free kuku. I would buy 1 more to make it 4 + kuku and then 4 more pets to upgrade those 4 (non kuku) pets to T2 - T3 (depending on luck). (5 more pets in total or 4500 pearls).

A shiny costume isn't all that important. Once you start making 30-40 million per hour, you can grind for 3 hours and buy the costume off the marketplace (Costs 110 mil. I've purchased at least 10 of those and I haven't been even trying too hard).

With the rest 7500 pearls you could go for all weight + inventory or weight + inventory + 2 maids (1 marketplace 1 storage).

If you play it smart, you could even wait and do those only when there are pearl shop discounts or even discounts + discount coupons. This way you can get wayy more off your $100.

Pretzels1078, Styla, MoZex and 2 others like this.
  7. Zimtiah

you Need to think about your Goals in this game, how will you earn your Money?

will you be competetive or will be be causal?

So if you are lifeskiller you would buy more the life skiller addons.
    will you be a "grinder" you could think about other stuff more.

so Basicly since I m a "grinder" :

Grinding:
    - a costume for the pve bonuses
    - pets, pets and pets. You can merge your pets btw up to T4 then they loot faster, but since you are now you will not have the grind Speed to Need that yet.
    - weight Limit max --> you do not Need to leave your Rotation to lift stuff to your horse, leaving rotating -> less spotfights.
    - inventory Slots -> you do not Need 190 Slots for grinding approx 100 is really more than enough.
    - the tent -> repairing, very important in the desert so you do not Need to leave your spot. -> less time spent Walking +you can buff yourself + potions etc on the spot ez GG best in Slot item ^^
    -> Branding Stones for gear, before the tent it was neccessary because your gear lasts longer, now if you have a tent more or less obsolete. But I still have it because I can.
    - later maids -> if you want to stay for a week on one spot you Need to bring your high value Drops, yellow accessories, scrolls, BMCs etc to a City and sell it with a twink via marked place. --> less Walking.

for life skilling we Need someone else for Feedback.

8. Orelion

-5 pets, preferably t3
    -costume, if it is just for the positives take the cooking
    -Maids
    -weight and inventory spaces maybe at a later stage when you are sure you stay with your class

9. LeeBMC

I have 1 maid currently but I literally never use her - why are they so important?

Tent is a good call - I use the free quest tent at the minute and it works wonders (14M silver/week is a bargain imo). I don't think buying one with pearls will be high up my list, if at all. Is there any advantage of the pearl one over the free apart from the repairs and 0 weekly cost,

10. clort

Maids allow you to free up weight and inventory slots whilst grinding so you can keep grinding longer, combined with a tent for repairs this facilitates perma grinding without ever having to leave your spot.

Fearless V and LeeBMC like this.
  11. Fesquera

Inventory is overrated in my opinion UNLESS you do afk fishing for long amounts of time. Outside of fishing I don't think I've ever filled more than 70-80 slots, and that amount you can get with quests + loyalties.

I personally put a lot of value in weight limit, but it's something you can probably live without (park a horse nearby and stack items there).

If you don't plan to spend pearls on value packs, get a marketplace maid instead. That way you can bid on value packs and costumes anywhere, anytime (assuming you have enough silver in the capital of the area you're in. A marketplace maid might get you 1/2 value packs eventually and is all around useful.

I wouldn't buy a costume with pearls, I'd try to get one from the marketplace. Might take a while, but will save 3000 pearls if you get one (I've had guild members snipe 4 costumes in the past week, so it's doable if you're patient).

As for pets, I love pets, I have 5 of them active at all time, mine are of higher tiers, but for a mostly free 2 play player as yourself I would recommend keeping it at the core 5, and once again putting notifications on them.

If you can afford it I would very, very highly reccomend the tent. It's 4900 pearls (off the top of my head) but it's basically a remote backpack that provides buffs for silver, allows you to repair your gear anywhere, access your villa buffs anywhere.

To summarize this:
    - 1 tent
    - 1 marketplace maid
    - 1 pet
    - 1 or 2 piece of weight limit
    if you have pearls left I would get a storage maid and maybe 1 or 2 more pets (as mentioned in other posts) to upgrade your existing pets. If you don't plan to spend more on the game, the key items are the tent (remote 200 Lt storage, repair/buffs/villa anywhere), a fifth pet and a marketplace maid. After that weight limit and extra pets.

LeeBMC likes this.
  12. LightsOut

The main benefit from the p2w tent is that it lets you get all the villa buffs from it (you will need those later in the game if you go to difficult grind spots like Aakman / Hystria or if you PvP a lot).

13. Fesquera

My main benefit of the p2w tent (and for me personally this one is huge) is that you can access your villa buffs everywhere, and one villa scroll will let you take buffs from any villa. You can quickly pick up your life skill/energy gain buff on the fly, and it's made me so much money by having extra energy all the time.

14. Alicia Dominica

The thing with pets is that they give you no guaranteed results in case you are trying to "mate" them for higher tiers. Though it's reasonable to assume that you will end up with some T3 easy enough. But again, no guaranteed results.

Personally, if we're talking regular grinding, I would invest into weight limit and storage maids. The latter are really good because when you have several of them, you can keep dumping the "trash loot" into storage as you keep grinding without leaving your current rotation. While I do own a p2w tent, I never felt like I needed it over storage maids.

Rizzly likes this.
  15. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

You can have up to 1k weight with just kama crystals and loyalty. More weight is a waste of money unless you like to process for 10 hours Ores.

VP and Blessing: You either buy them every month or you don't.

Costumes easily buy-able from marketplace.

Tent is a waste of money apart from Villa buffs. Buy this if you don't care.

Mandatory things to enjoy the game would be

-Pets x5 preferably T3
    -Storage Maids (5+)
    -Market maids (1-5)
    -Storage slots (Use 720 pearl expansions)
    -Canape (only if cooking)
    -Venecil (only if processing)

16. Souljester

Souljester Sorceress 62 NA

Well, most of the stuff suggested here is nice but has been reliably on sale every christmas.

As for pet, I would wait for the halloween package next month ans grab that. 1-2 times for a few T3 pets. Though you could benefit from a 5th pet now, I would make it one you can fuse with an existing pet for a chance at T3. T3 pets will make a world of difference.

Maids I would wait until christmas for the sale (700-800 pearls each)

Right now, an actual shiny costume is a good idea.
    Weight increases are also solid. (Can get up to 2k lt with proper in-game gear +cash shop weight)

I don't know what afking you do outside of processing but do all your inventory slot quests then see if you really need more. Outside of fishing, inventory isn't super necessary. You can easily live with only 60ish slots.

Don't get a tent if you plan to get maids until it goes on sale. It's not all that needed.

Consider getting worker lodging for certain areas if you're serious about processing/having a node empire (dunno if you have one setup or how it's setup but in my case Balenos/serendia/mediah are my most worker intensice zones. YMMV)

LeeBMC likes this.
  17. LFF

LFF

Inventory slots and weights. I have the $50 campsite and its not really worth it, only useful for repairing and buying pots anywhere, but u can live without it.

18. Escapism

If this the limit you can or want to spend, then dont spend it now.

Wait for discounts or coupons, and buy things then. Sometimes things like weight increases can be up to 30-50% cheaper, and things like maids or pets sometimes have 10-20% discounts too.

19. Stillwaters

Also suggest the tent ,when I turn in my imperial cooking at calpheon i can run to the field close by and turn my silver into gold bars and then store the bars as well . plus as others have mentioned the villa buffs are really nice ,repairs in the desert etc etc

LeeBMC likes this.
  20. LeeBMC

Thanks for the replies!

My head hurts more trying to decide now than it did before I asked AFK processing is my main afk life skill (wirker empire set up as best as possible with 160 cp and yellow/gold workers for now - leading to a2 trading to almost 100% cut the marketplace out) with a spot if fishing here and there. Weight I think will be a definite purchase.

A tent can wait - I'll survive with the free one for 14m/week for the gold bars/storage since desert buffs aren't too needed for my spots yet (level 58, 162/259)

A costume will almost certainly be purchased since I've been trying to snipe one for a week or 2 to no avail - plus my Valk has to look like a badass while grinding, right? Riiiiiiight

The rest I'll hold on to for a while then and see if any sales pop up as somebody stated, maids can be a Christmas gift to myself if needs be

Thanks again

Stillwaters likes this.