1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best VPN's for Black Desert, NA 2017/2018

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by JetForceF22, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Adonaj

sure like a premium membership and pearlshopping aint enought now you need a sub for a VPN, thats why i quit BnS.

2. Roxies

I haven't really checked the thread yet but I want to go ahead and ask the important questions;

WHY THE **** ARE WE IN A POSITION WHERE PLAYERS WHO LIVE IN NA ARE FORCED TO PLAY THIS GAME THROUGH A VPN BECAUSE THEY CANNOT STAY CONNECTED OTHERWISE?

WHY THE **** DO WE STILL HAVE ALMOST ZERO COMMUNICATION WITH THE PUBLISHER ON WHAT THEIR PLAN IS TO FIX THIS ISSUE?

3. Catastigma

USE A GOOGLE DNS

4. Denthors

using PIA , never d/c ed in 2 years

5. Wet Cake

This doesn't answer either of the questions posted, lol.
    Do you do Node Wars or Siege?

6. Denthors

I did, in the past, if the server crash everybody crash my friend.
    do not mix up crashes to desktop, aka I press re spawn button and crash to desktop with d/c issue.
    if I don't use my vpn I can only stay connected for 15-30 mins, what ever the change they do/try each weeks to servers.
    the support is aware of my issue, my isp is aware of the issue even pia is aware of the issue cuz I sent mails to all 3 compagnies.
    I did test with 3 pc its all the same.

the answer I got was: "don't konw"... "you are a exception" "it's the other"...

look I am gonna tell you something hard to believe. I run a ECO server on a 2nd pc on the same network. I play on that server locally .. solo.... ok .. you follow.. if I disable my vpn , and then play the 2 games simultaneously. when a d/c occure in BDO I get d/c from my local ECO server too.

if I only play ECO without the vpn or any othere game it do not matter the connection is perfect.

but the second BDO is running on my pc my connection with "everything" is totaly **** up!

even web page do not load.

but if I turn on the vpn ... everything is normal.

#66 Denthors, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  7. Wet Cake

Thanks for the reply.

You mentioned you did NW in the past. Have you done them since you started a using PIA/VPN?

I'm curious because NWs are my problem area. I'm sure it's a server problem, but I begin to doubt it myself when PA vehemently denies any issues on their end and my common sense tells me no company in their right mind would let a server issue plague their game for years when the fix seems so simple... lol...

8. Aribod

Which mudfish node do you canadians use?

9. Roxies

Doesn't answer the questions I asked.

10. Andaro

Ambassador

Do be careful which VPN you use.
    There have been multiple articles lately about a lot VPNs leaking your info and having security flaw issues.

I suggest if you do use a VPN to do a little homework on that subject and make sure you are using a secure and safe VPN with a strong privacy policy and program integrity.

11. ambyentlight

hows about yall toss your
    VPNS
    and just demand better servers?

As better servers will be far better than all VPNS you may use and yet you have to spend money on just because host company have no money to buy good servers.

12. Denthors

yes I did NW, like I said I can't play the game without my vpn.
    I suggest you to try PIA, anyway there is a money back guarantee.
    there is a sale atm. $2.91/months for 2 years.
    https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/
    feature
    Secure VPN Account
    Encrypted WiFi
    P2P Support
    PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec
    5 devices simultaneously
    Block ads, trackers, and malware
    Multiple VPN Gateways
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    SOCKS5 Proxy Included
    No traffic logs
    Instant Setup
    Easy to use

13. Denthors

only free vpn can leak, if u use a paid vpn, you pay for a service, if they leak your info then they fail to deliver that service.

14. Wet Cake

People have been asking for better servers for as long as I have been playing.

15. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

More like you haven't checked the forums at all, otherwise you would be aware of what communication Kakao did about their plan to fix the issue. Have they fixed it yet, no but they certainly communicated about it.

Also part of why *some* people have to use a VPN is because America has third world network infrastructure.

16. Roxies

Kakao, before today, hinted at something that they should've made transparent from the get go. They were never actually clear on what their plans were, all we had was speculation. Transparency would've went a long way throughout this ordeal imo.

Additionally, I understand the issues with the networking infrastructure issues in North America but, that doesn't explain why you can't even physically connect to a game. Even with said issues, It's an uncommon issue that a significant amount of people experienced.

All that said, I'm very happy to hear the news and have messaged people who quit because of the server issues.

17. Wet Cake

#77 Wet Cake, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018