1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beta Desert Online

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by OptimusPrime, May 23, 2018.

1. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Hack_Saw NA

So you just gonna gloss over all the stuff I posted? Selective memory it is!

2. Columba

I haven’t personally experienced any of those, or they just aren’t important to me.

3. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Hack_Saw NA

Then you're blind.

Qasim likes this.
  4. Columba

No. I just dont have the same priorities as you do! Lol

5. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Hack_Saw NA

Well, gratz, I guess. If you're ok with the state of affairs, that's on you.

Have fun.

Qasim likes this.
  6. Atron

Who r u talking to bro?

7. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

No game is complete, deal with it.
    All games are full of bugs.

8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

This is only because people continue to tolerate such crap.

Currently the market seems to demand unfinished bug ridden cash grab games...

Are you one of them who finance such bs?

Break_III likes this.
  9. SAMURAIJ4CK

10. SKYMARK

I sincerily appreciate that you notice how the gaming industry has shifted into delivering products as fast as possible, even if it has "unfinished" stuff within. And if you're so worried about this industry, go develop a game and release it without missing content or tweaking the content afterwards.

Good luck, have fun

PS: Oh, the part where you try to get money for the actual development is on you

11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Strawman aside.

This does not answer my question....

Do you financially support the status quo of releasing unfinished bug ridden cash grabs for games?

12. Asterotis

MEANWHILE IN KOREA...

The director's home address and phone # were doxxed by very very angry players and he has recently received death threats. Come on now...
    I wouldn't be surprised if he stepped down a week later and hands the reigns over to someone who will probably make BDO even worse.

Scixer, Platinia and Qasim like this.
  13. Blasphemia

You know what they say, slow-motion train wrecks are the most entertaining.

1dTen and Josh28 like this.
  14. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa EU

It is an unfinished product from the early beginning.
    They had a some kind of clue about what they want, how they want to look, how they want to use.
    They had the graphics engine, the combat system, the movement system, the animations, physical, graphical effects.
    It started well, but sooner or later everybody get closer to the limits where the differences were much larger, stronger from the rest of the players, from the newcomers.
    They lowered the skill cap system on 60, they gave more amount of combat xp on lower levels, faster progression on low tier gears.
    But it was not enough "fair play" to the others, to the old players who sweated and sufferd a lot to reach that 60 with their pity and unsocial life.
    Now it came the "class balancing", the "renown system", which did not solve the problem, there is no maximum level, there is no maximum gear, there is no maximum skill. Pen has some kind of unreachable failstacking thousands of billions of silver mystery. Maximum skill is a joke when you look at Musa/Maehwa skill table and find Maneuver Training at the bottom, which the last point requires level 90 or higher! So the problem is still unsolved. Yet.
    Because guaranteed pen is coming! They say. And somehow we have the same feeling, it will not change the future.

I ask, what is the problem with the level steps including the skill steps, and gear steps? Progression steps. In other games it calls gear score. (You cannot enter a dungeon you cannot enter the pvp without x amount of gs, etc...)
    They have started some kind of gs with this little renowen thingy, but where is the end, why is not solved?
    The difference between 250 and 200 ap's players are huge. They are lightyears away, still. Does not matter if they are both on the same combat level.

Divide the progression, the levels, the gears, separate the players from each other, this can solve this huge gap, and can closer them together to make it more enjoyable on lower tiers too. I cannot see other solutions just put steppings in the progression curve, what it should have been implemented from the beggings. Like this everybody could enjoy the game on their own progression level, for a while.

15. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

There was never
    Considering how much koreans play for any stuff in this game and being test server for few years they got right to trigger hard, I think it took pa 9 moths to fix desert memory leak in their region.

1dTen likes this.
  16. Escapism

Actually its Alpha, not Beta. Alpha is supposed to be the phase during which still major changes or entire reworks or scrapping of existing mechanics and content can occur, while Beta is supposed to be for bugfixing and optimizations.

1dTen, Josh28, Scixer and 2 others like this.
  17. SKYMARK

This question is too subjective to even matter, and the answer is yes why not.

It's my decision to support games that I think it's worth.

Yes BDO is "Cash grab", B2P with P2W, but I'm already over it. I haven't given them any extra $ after buying the traveler's pack since release, but I plan in doing for the p2w convenience.

The reason? I wanna be more efficient in game.

18. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Then my statement stands true.

It is what the current market demands.

Dunno why you went on a tangent of developing a game that does not hit the key points of what makes you a paying customer.

Scixer and Qasim like this.
  19. SKYMARK

I never said you were wrong. It's how it is. Companies want money, even if they "exploit" the players.

They want more and more money. They are trying to fix the game not to kill it.

It's a matter of time if they are doing the good or bad thing.

20. Eynix

You do realize that in ~2 years of existance, Pearl Abyss raises its finacial result by more than 100% right ? They just don't care about your opinion, what they are doing is working.