1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitterness gets us nowhere, but action will.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Eurodrake, May 18, 2018.

?

24 hr No login demonstration

1. Lets do it

2. I already quit, but good luck

3. Not sure if this well help

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Eurodrake

Players and forum goers of Black Desert,

In the past month we have seen the rise and fall of many of Black Desert beloved classes. Some rose to new heights, others fell drastically off the podium. From the first announcement of the sweeping changes to the new era that began on May 16th, 2018 we have waited patiently for Pearl Abyss to listen to its players concerns and interact with us accordingly on the current game we are all playing and paying for.

Over the years content creators have spent a great deal of their life, creating guides, writing how-to's, training newer players to properly fight and coordinating attack strategies. However as time developed this month a pattern emerged every week, where the base game mechanics were so radically changed, all of these guides, and all of this time and effort and love put into the game has been completely wiped off the slate and made totally useless.

Regardless of class - ranger, tamer, warrior, dark knight, Valkyrie, ninja, Maehwa, Musa or any of the others, we have all by drastically impacted by what the game has now become, and on the horizon we have been promised what? Another slew of changes, only this time per-class focused in a system a very large proportion of players absolutely hate.
    When does the cycle end?
    Why do we have to sit through re-balancing all over again, in a system that many people are violently opposed to?

Regardless of view of this turn of events, listen for a moment. Your view has little effect on the outcome that this cycle will never stop, and who knows what game we may end up in at the end of all this, and who will remain.

I propose top you that we as a player-base on Monday May 21st, 2018 to participate in one final demonstration - refrain from loging into your account for one 24 hour period. If Pearl Abyss wants to change the game for the better of the community, and wants to rewrite the entire games core mechanics as if we are all lab rats in a cage, then I say we show them how we think of that treatment as paying and loyal customers. I say we give them the Test server quality and quantity of players that they seem to be so keen to acquire this month

A protest is never unheard, so long as we unite under the banner of change and set aside our individual differences about the recent patches. Even if you plan to stop playing, have some compassion and love for those who will continue, and help better the relationship they have with the develop and publisher. BDO needs help right now, and we as the players are the only ones that can give it the help it needs.

Change is our hands BDO player-base, and only we can make it happen.

No more test server level radical changes every week.
    No more close-minded internal views of what PA "thinks" the population wants.
    No more ignoring our concerns with what is actually happening right now in the community, for the sake of your own close-minded and selfish views PA. (we didn't put all that work into making guides to get spat in the face, and told they are now useless.)

We will unite for one day, globally - Korea, Japan, SEA, NA, SA, EU, and any I may be forgetting in one final push of our dedication and commitment to the game we so dearly love before we all quit or continue on with our lives in any manor that suits us.

_________

How to Make Change Happen
    - Contact your friends from other regions
    - Contact guild mates, and others you meet in game and on the forums
    - Copy and paste the following message into World Chat so we can expose the entire reaming community to our demonstration of action "In order to protect the game and it's players we need our voices to be heard. We are asking the player-base to unite on Monday the 21st of May for a final demonstration. We will not log into the game for 24 hours."
    - spread the word to all the class, and BDO affiliated discords.

_________

In the past we have waited for KR to make the moves and lead the way to change, but this time we are all in this mess together and its our turn to lead the charge.

Good luck, and we can do this.

Mesuka, Stillwaters, Ruffe and 5 others like this.
  2. Basture

Basture Warrior 60

add one more choice to the poll "Hahaha i dont care about u crybabies"

Dalenos, Darthkiweh, Stres and 2 others like this.
  3. Columba

You left out a fourth one: HAHAHAHAHAHha

Smileybones and Basture like this.
  4. Eurodrake

this thread is meant to help everybody - even you, for the future of the game and interaction with the developers. How about you keep your toxic attitudes to yourselves c:

5. MrNumnut

It might be aimed at everyone but only a small fraction is crying about every patch.

Overall players don't care and still enjoy the game.

Darthkiweh, Smileybones and Columba like this.
  6. Zegram

I didn't read that junk but side note... this community... smh... every other week people grab their pitchforks and are up in arms over some perceived slight against them. Like bruh... just walk away... go play a game you like why is that so difficult?

EDIT: I should clarify, its like a small subsection of the overall player base that does this, the rest of us are just enjoying the game for what it is.

7. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

You forgot to add to the Poll:
    "Im 12 btw and i love BDO"
    "Im still at sausans please leave your gear when you quit"
    "Just quit Game will be better with 10 People to play with"

8. zenjudit

Lets see how serious and if you are the majority, post a screenshot of you guys really quitting this game or deleted all characters. Make a thread for it and we will count it there.

The number of crying trolling threads needs to stop, lets do this :)

9. Columba

You need a warm bath, a bottle and a nap. Perhaps a changing.

Stillwaters and Smileybones like this.
  10. YajStylez

2k steam players lost from 16k to 14k since maintenance doesn't speak for itself? And those are only "steam" players.

Ruffe likes this.
  11. T800

#11 T800, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Stillwaters, Nakria and YajStylez like this.
  12. Zegram

In what world/universe/dimension do you live in where slavery and women's suffrage is comparable to balance changes in a videogame you colossal dingbat?!?!

I'm on the forus discussing a game I enjoy and looking for new and upcoming info like the rest of the normal players here...

13. Vandal

Interesting on this topics is:
    1. They are "cry baby topics"
    2. They are repetitive for X months.
    3. Still same people which need to write at least one reply to each similar one.
    4. If is any pool included, option "i don't give a ****" is missing, only manipulative options which leads to same result.

GL, see ya when i came for another dose of cancer :)

Smileybones and Columba like this.
  14. zenjudit

Time to be accurate, post or troll. Other reasons will be (who are you that we should follow, I dont have time for this, look at the stream blah blah) come on now, if you are going to quit whats there to lose? If all you will be able to prove your point that :)

15. Columba

Hahaha. So your little protest is equivalent to fighting a bloody civil war to free the slaves?? Hahahaha. Get some perspective

Smileybones likes this.
  16. T800

#16 T800, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Stillwaters, crawlord and Nakria like this.
  17. Columba

SUFFERING? Suffering? This is getting good.

18. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Havent logged in since a week now. Im back to shooters for now. BF:V soon!

Eurodrake likes this.
  19. Zegram

My dude... you are playing an MMO... its whole schtick is change... what are you going to do when Dreighan comes out, when the next class comes out, when epic/mythic/legendary loot comes out and its better than your current gear?

These changes, like anything in this game, are not final. In a few months the meta will change again, and then again, and again and so forth and so on untill the servers shut down.

Compassion? To what? Your devastating plight of slight class balance changes?! Like... wut?!?

Fumihiro, Smileybones and Columba like this.
  20. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

Game is thriving and working as intended.