1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Black Desert crashes randomly without any error on high spec pc

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Hakkuh God, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Hakkuh God

Hello, I just wanted to return to Black Desert after a while and when I updated it, it randomly crashes without any error. I have rtx 2080 etc,
    I reinstalled the game,
    Deleted some file something.dat and repaired through steam
    I saw one post that had some file to download and put into the game folder but recently the link is 404 error not found so

Anyone can help me? I cant really play, sometimes it crashes after 30 minutes of playing, sometimes 3 times in 5 min play.

Thanks for every response

2. Hadelta

Hadelta MeIba Berserker 61 EU

Welcome back to Bug Desert Online c:

Well as far as i know a lot of people are having these problems (guild members included) and nobody so far found a universal solution.
    Only happens for me if i dare to start it on my Surface.

It's running smooth af (didn't expect that on surface tbh) But as soon as GPU usage peaks 100% (it does randomly, even in tray) it's instantly crashing without any further error.
    Ofc a surface is not meant to start BDO, but maybe this informations helps somehow, atleast it's everything i was able to spectate :shrug:

(Image Attached is basically BDO in Tray, it ran for ~1-2 Minutes, then the GPU Spike came and POOF game commited suicide)

Attached Files:

3. Hakkuh God

So there is nothing I can do except waiting for them to patch it somehow? Wow, and that used to be my favourite game

4. Hadelta

as far as i know people are waiting for a patch since 2018 (IF i remember correct) u better look for a new game or a new PC i guess.
    in my opinion it's very sad that this is not fixed tbh. i mean yea, bug fixing is not easy but a cool game, that u can't play, isn't worth ****

5. Hakkuh God

Thats why I spent over 4000$ on this one. #kakaogames

6. Hakkuh God

Ok, so one guy in the game said that he had this issue and he it was the steam acc. So what I did, i've got new acc without steam and try this one

7. Hadelta

well i am using non-steam version, i don't know about steam side of things but feel free to keep me up to date.

Hakkuh God likes this.
  8. Ritsum

I had same issue, random crashes without any error and after searching around I found out that sometimes BDO does not like programs that control RGB lights. I had to unistall my program that controlled my case lights and it stopped crashing.

9. Hakkuh God

Well tbh i have like whole rgb desk plugged to that pc and I remember that I even had some issues with the lights itself during playing. As far as I remember I disconnected razer synapse with bdo. I'll try without any rgb apps when I downbload the game again

10. Hadelta

Funfact aside, i just looked through the logs of my crashing game, and i found in the logs my favorite entry:
    19-12-25 00:34:12 0x16F0-00-1 eErrNoStartService(Good luck!): ^^
    Thanks BDO

11. Hakkuh God

So, i just downloaded normal bdo and log in on diffrent acc, tried to turn off all my rgb and their apps. Nothing changes. Randomly crashes, I get like freeze for a sec and then it closes. kakao do something

12. Hakkuh God

Ok, so the lightfx.dll method worked in my scenario, today I played without any crashes

13. Hadelta

lightfx.dll mthod?

14. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 62 EU

Check Event Log in Windows when your game will crash again. You should have enough info there

15. GM Arcana

Game Master

Hey there, I'm sorry for the delay in a response but I'm glad to hear that you were able to find an answer by using the LightFX.dlll file to do so ^^ If you or anyone else are still having issues, please submit a ticket here and we'll help you out further with it. Have a nice day.