1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Desert is more then pvp!

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Iwanttobeexpert, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Iwanttobeexpert

A common occurrence I observe happens frequently, a pvp player would slaughter an innocent pve player and after the pve player ask for clarification regarding why, “he was so mercilessly slaughtered?”the pvp player would replay, “Black Desert is pvp and if you don’t like it, then it’s not your gAme!”

Well I am here to clarify a few things here, Black Desert is not just a pvp centric game, if it was then I would not be playing this game, and there would not be a karma system! BlackDesert is more like runescape it has something for everyone pve, pvp, rpg, life’s skilling, romancing, sight seeing, story, trolling and the list is infinite.

What the pvp player most understand, when you kill a pve player who is just minding his own business farming mobs, DO NOT for 1sec think just by killing him or her, that action some how give you the right to his grind spot! I am a pve player and if someone kills me, I will make sure his silver per hour is reduced to half! However if the pvp player ask politely for my spot, I have in the past almost 100 percent of the time give up my spot. hence be polite and do not think your so called pvp skill gives you the right to bully other players!

#1 Iwanttobeexpert, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Shimnao and Kybal like this.
  2. fenzz

I think there are enough ongoing karmabombing threads that you can reply on rather than opening a new one honestly.

Assilma, Tjaranis, Yazuko and 3 others like this.
  3. Moj92

Moj92 Moj92 Striker 61 EU

Not your spot as well. If the pk-guy don't want to talk he'll kill you for THE spot. Deal with it like you want. Getting them karmabomber killed by mobs is the funniest thing in BDO anyway :D

Evil Wood likes this.
  4. Iwanttobeexpert

HAHA, I am my gear score is 560 good luck!

5. Moj92

Cool Story bro, but you didnt proved me wrong. And why are you whinning if you're geared? Want attention from the worst forum i've ever saw?

6. Alicia Dominica

Absolutely hilarious how this thread got moved to the PvP forum :)

7. Moj92

Coincidence? I dont think so :D

Alicia Dominica likes this.
  8. Korvgubben

Judging by my "than*" post getting deleted I can only assume that the pvp comes sometimes later while BDO currently is more.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Alicia Dominica likes this.
  9. SavageDragon

Wait BDO isn't a fishing Game?

Kusaragii likes this.
  10. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Black Desert is a PvX game, it has pvp and pve, but it will be difficult to completly ignore one aspect of the game.
    But do you know why players call BDO a PvP game? It's cause all endgame content is PvP and all the grinding and money making is to get your gear up...but for what do you get your gear up? Right, to have better chances in PvP.

Black Desert Online is more like EVE Online than runescape.
    It is a sandbox mmo that basically allows you to do whatever you want as long as you are not insulting/stalking other players.
    As stated above, BDO is PvX. It brings both, PvE and PvP, but you won't be able to seperate them. As much as you want to play it only pve, you won't be able to get around pvp as soon as you leave the city and as much as i want to only pvp, i won't get around pve as i need it to get my gear.

Killing someone doesn't give you the "right" to grind a spot, but just being there neither. Nobody owns spots and everyone can grind whereever they want, BUT you will have to live with the consequences other players will do if they want to grind in the same spot. Be it that you get killed over and over again, someone grinds over you or a guild war is coming in.
    It is not bullying to PK someone, it is just using a game mechanic to do what the game mechanic says it should do. Bullying in BDO is not allowed, read the TOS, but PK is not regarded as bullying. While it is like that for you personally, there are many players who enjoy it.
    I personally regard "karmabombing" or not leaving after i killed someone as bullying...
    So if i'm at a spot and you're there as well, i kill you and you come back, both of us regard it as bullying, but who's right now?
    NOBODY, everyone can play the game as they want as long as it is within the rules of the TOS. Don't like it, maybe try to play the game differently, go away when you see other players or try out a game that is purely PvE.

You got into this game, you finished the lvl50 quest DESPITE THE WARNING that you can be killed by everyone outside of savezones and you left those savezones, so you should always be ready to get attacked, no matter where.

11. namnam030

namnam030 GottKoenig Valkyrie 62 EU

hf pearling in hystria
    u make me lose my silver income per h
    i make u lose realmoney per death :)

GabeCake likes this.
  12. Mr_Mumfi1.1

Mr_Mumfi1.1 Garandi Striker 61 EU

i will find you and i will kill you

13. GabeCake

I don't know. The term pvp is actually in the description of the game "Open world pvp mmorpg" :O

Nobody owns **** in this game. If somebody ganks you, defend yourself in whatever ways the game allows - make them go red, waste pearls, out farm them, whatever. It's all fair. Just don't be surprised if you piss off the wrong guy and a guild turns up to ensure you end up perma-dead or fed to the mobs. Either way, all in good fun.

14. Katsuragi

I'd put it better than your title: BDO is everything but PvP.

15. LogicaI

What's your in game name?

16. Iwanttobeexpert

I own u!

17. Aaria

Expert copypasta has done it again.

18. ItsOnlyMe

Lmao MMO is the most casual PvP genre yet people take it serious. FPS is real PvP.

19. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

like...can you honestly say that people aren't just salty about losing/getting punked?

be real, be human, it's generally not the people killing with impunity who make these threads.

Fateneko likes this.
  20. SKS_DK

It is a pvp focused game