1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Black Desert Online’s Remastered campaign brings in a huge surge of players"

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Andaro, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Chun-Chun

Chun-Chun ChunChun Sorceress 61 EU

2. Mgp

Mgp Lahn 61 NA

When you consider those numbers were in the 10s and 11s last month, they have gone up ??

3. Atron

Well from by observation of the changes and population i think (i hope i am wrong) most of people want some fort of pay 2 win.
    Simply there are more people grinding like mad and being active in game than before patch.

Another thing to add would be this patch hurts only Vets like me who got my pens the hard way.

Anyway ... will game survive? Sure it will ... now its only up to Kakao and PA how to retain their playerbase.

4. Blitzball

TET accessories are impossible to get from the Shakatu box. They are an illusion. Most players get Meme frag or shards. The lucky guy gets a base Ogre Ring. That's it.

Factorial likes this.
  5. ambyentlight

So many people have indeed returned and are happy with the new p2w mechanics as in the end some people work like 80 hours a week and have little time to play bdo and they can catch up with their wallets.

6. Rena

The usual catastrophe predictions and the day after + 100% more players, (do you remember the last "p2w" cry?) I think the game is too strong to be scratched by four idiot on the forum, 99,99999% of the playerbase is ok whit the changes and have fun whit the game

Factorial likes this.
  7. RoakOriginal

[​IMG]

8. Ateena

Fake news about a fake MMO, with fake devs and fake publishers with fake promises.

9. Netreiam

Don’t see why this is surprising. The same happens in any MMO that gives itself a patch with a new label. PA and their publishers probably went extra hard on advertising. This along with the change of graphics that makes it look new will obviously result in a huge influx of people testing things out, similar to a class release but on a larger scale.

What really matters is who is going to stay after the initial “ooooh shiny” high is over and they are confronted with not only the same trash mechanics as before, but entirely new ones, all designed to get them to spend.

RageAgainst and Factorial like this.
  10. Rena

Best case people don't give a damn if there is the possibility with 150 euro to make a pen attempt , when you need minimun 20+ attempts if you're lucky for a pen, any person whit healthy brain would think that maybe 2-3 ppls could effort that in the whole game and gonna abuse it and two /three people in the whole game change nothing of the own gameplay.

11. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

You guys remember when they did the Steam release... and the CM's / GM's who were non existent on the forums were suddenly responding to every single negative review of the game on Steam?

It gave me lots of good lulz

12. Claydough

how do they write somthing like this
    " The challenge for Kakao is now to retain this larger playerbase."

and then have the game go from non p2w to full p2w in the literal next patch and not mention that

PA sponsored articles 100%

RageAgainst likes this.
  13. Claydough

double post

14. Chun-Chun

Chun-Chun ChunChun Sorceress 61 EU

Gain: MINUS 23%. How is losing players going up in numbers? WTF

Hoebbit likes this.
  15. Veight

Funny no-name sources, I guess all the 'gains' were exclusive to non steam players

16. Kema

Non steam player here.... I just returned at the end of last week. I quit playing around the end of 2016. I know quite a few others who have returned as well, but the numbers mentioned in those articles are surprising.

17. United_Strafes

Wow you mean like every big patch in every MMO ever. People will come in look at the shiny metal, then go about their business not playing this game.

18. United_Strafes

IDK hitting the R button in front of trees to collect those 10 logs today was pretty epic.

19. Veight

*turns in 10 weeds today*
    EPIC QUEST

20. clangpicky

anyone that still logs in for the daily rewards haven't quit. they're just pretending to quit but they'll be back.