1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Desert Online and GeForce Now

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by quyssa11, Feb 18, 2020.

?

Should BDO be in GeForce Now library?

1. Yes, please

17 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. No, I am perfectly fine with my awesome PC

21 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. Hakuna-Matata, whatever, the end is near anyways.

24 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. kakodaimonos

That is totally true.

But if a win is based on RNG because a CC is literally a win in this game then it does indeed stop it from being competitive.
    You could actually just stay and wait for your opponent to throw a CC then hope it does not land and you throw one back which might land and you win for literally waiting. And I totally could see this happen in the game. It would need some further testing but I'm not really interested in that anymore. The very inconsistent CC mechanics I saw yesterday was enough for me to say no to PvP in this game. I will stick to For Honor in terms of PvP and enjoy this game just as a timewaster until it bores me again. I really don't see this game becoming a big stage Tournament title ever.

Fearless V likes this.
  2. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Because that won fight definitly was not due to rng...if ogre didn't procc the extra hits thanks to multicast here, the ancient would probably have fallen and thus the game was decided but thanks to the rng it was not...

3. kakodaimonos

Did they win because of that? I doubt that very much. Do you win a fight when the fight when your CC hits? Sure you do.

Dota2 is just a completely different game and the RNG in there has in no way such a big impact as it has in BDO. You guys told me I shouldn't compare BDO with PvP games and here you are comparing the mechanics with Dota 2.

If you want we can start comparing it with For Honor again and I will tell you all the flaws your game has compared to it and that it could never be competitive. But i doubt you wanna hear that.

4. zeezero

Geforce now wouldn't want to support an always on afk game as well. How would any of that work with a streaming platform?

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  5. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Yes in that game they actually won because of that. This was the deciding fighting where EG failed to take the ancient because of the rng proccs from ogre magi and then in return alliance managed to win this game:

6. Exsanguination

They're already supporting it as the steam version is available on geforce now. I've been on basically 24/7 with no issue.

7. Lord_Xenon

While RNG is s*, it goes both ways. So the player/guild with better skills will win more often than the one with less skills.

AZzalor likes this.
  8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

That would make it pretty hard to afk. Imagine having to set the alarm to wake up every hour to start a new session. Six hours is not bad but still inconvenient.

9. Exsanguination

It is inconvenient. But assuming you sleep 8 hours, you're only missing out on 2 hours each day. Also being able to play on maxed graphics with stable FPS at such a low price is pretty insane.

10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Some people work and are away from home up to and maybe more than ten hours during their work time.

11. Exsanguination

Yeah that's a fair point. But if you don't care about being afk or don't have a gaming PC in the first place then this is a great option.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  12. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Yes I agree it is a very good thing for people that do not have a good pc. It does have some limitations though which was my point.

Exsanguination likes this.
  13. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

It's good for people who don't want to have BDO installed on their actual machine for daily log ins.