1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved Black Desert Online Crashing

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Rainbowless, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Senpai_alorim

Sometimes you need to reset your ip. Bring up the command prompt and make sure you run it as administrator. Then enter "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" and restart your computer. I had two different problems with the game not loading/blackscreening and this fixed both.

2. ctrlaltndel

Hello i seem to have the same issue , whenever i click play i get a black window and after couple of seconds it closes and in the log i get this

https://pastebin.com/1261DBDX

if anyone know how i can fix it i would appreciate it

Teiro likes this.
  3. Nyalimera

Sadly didn't help. I already sent in a ticket but they couldn't help me somehow...? lol
    Made a thread about it again: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/game-is-not-responding.144044/

KikoiK likes this.
  4. KikoiK

I'm having this exact issue but the ads folder replacement did not help. I really want to get back to playing.

5. KikoiK

There was something off about the Alienware PC I bought, when I exchanged it for the same model BDO works without any troubleshooting.

6. S4b3RX

Any suggestion about this issue? or u can't play?

7. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Please let me know if today's patch helped with this issue.
    If it has not, can you submit a DxDiag and Log Folder via the ticket service please with #CTD in the title?

8. Aethyr Prime

I am a new player, I just finished downloading and installing the game and it will do strange things that always lead to a crash. First it takes an inordinate amount of time to load. Once it loads the pearl abyss logo animation it always freezes about 75% of the way through the animation. Then after a minute or so I will see a quick flicker of some other movie that has some scenery in it. Although I have no idea what this is because it only plays for about 1s of the animation between black screens. Then it will freeze up again. Then after another minute it will show the start menu, with play, settings, etc. Then within 2 seconds every time it crashes. The mouse icon changes to the system hourglass and the process in my task manager shows the CPU usage going from about 23% to 0% at the same point every time. I have tried literally every single thing suggested as possible fixes. This is for the non-steam version.

Things I've tried that I can remember:
    Deleting user folders and caches.
    Changing the compatibility settings.
    resetting my netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
    starting my pc in limited startup mode aka - only windows services started no other services running.
    I've reinstalled drivers.
    I've literally done everything I can find on youtube, reddit, or forums and nothing works...

My computer is a G75VX Asus ROG series laptop with 32GB of High speed RAM, a 670MX GTX with 3GB Dedicated memory. SSD main drive and around 1.5TB of free space on my files drive.

I have the newest updates for windows, my graphics driver, and all of my hardware. I am running out of options and seriously hoping that the clock doesn't start counting until I can create my first character about the starting server.

Mycca likes this.
  9. Onu

Onu

I've been crashing like crazy (10+ times a day) the last couple weeks. Tried all the little tricks, nothing worked.
    Today, I changed ISP's and haven't crashed one time.

Spectrum Sucks!

10. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Can you send us in a ticket with your DxDiag attached, please? Could you also attach your log folder?

11. stefanodlp

hi im having a similar problem but the numbers on the window screen are diferent i already tried everithing, even buying the game again on steam and after the long download there was the same problem.

Attached Files:

Mycca likes this.
  12. Seanmx

hi iam having similiar problem but none of the solution work pls help
    upload_2018-11-2_9-13-4.png

Mycca likes this.
  13. NOTHAN

same probleme here with black windows and hang on of game.
    repair or compatbility dont change anything.
    Send logs game,dxdiag and event windows to GM/support and trying some things like "game without antivirus", "SFV","WinMTR","Net user..."
    = No solution to play this game (just other game like BF5 on my PC works correctly)
    tested with last drivers for motherboard, Gfx cards, and last patchs.
    ------------------
    Nom de la carte mère : ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING - BIOS 1601
    Identification du processeur : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
    Disque dur : Samsung SSD970 Evo
    Nom du système d'exploitation : Microsoft Windows 10 Famille
    Version du système d'exploitation : 10.0.17763 OS Type 64 bit
    Mémoire: CORSAIR DDR4 2x8Go 3000Mhz

Identification de la carte vidéo : GeForce GTX 1080 8Go
    Date du pilote : 2018-12-11
    ------------------

14. NOTHAN

12 January 2019
    This was fixed for me by replacing lightfx.dll as described here:
    https://community.blackdesertonline...-black-screen-then-crashes-to-desktop.241394/

But I honestly did not appreciate that the 4 GMs who read my ticket and responded by giving me only basic and ineffective solutions and that by default they closed my ticket of 12/30/2018 for "Corrupted Files" while I still could not not played. So thank you only to the players of this forum that allowed me to play this game again.

Sorry for my poor english... i'm french, even if it is not an excuse ^^

15. Mycca

I am having the same issue's as you,but I have a new gaming desktop PC with all the goodies and still to no end for over a week now .I sent a ticket and got response like it was a recording even when sending in screenshots of the errors,They need a new reworked or new client,no other way around this mess.As everyone else I had windows reinstalled after having the computer cleaned and the last stick of memory added.So maybe they'll fix this before they loose more people and money,who knows.Steam people are having the same problem.

Here's a copy of the email I got after sending screenshot and got oh i don't know the same response about 5-6 times from the same GM.....The thing is I was running it as admin,firewall off and no viruses what-so-ever..Mind you the error had nothing to do with anything she/he brought up and it helped nothing.Okay enuff off to play my other games that I have no problems playing.Have a good day and good luck :)

GM Creator
    (Black Desert Online)

Jan 26, 12:16 CET

Greetings Adventurer!

I am GM Creator, here to help players and ride dragons. Since the dragons have went home to Drieghan, I'm all yours!

I understand that you have client install issues, we apologize for the inconvenience that you're experiencing . Nobody likes to encounter these issues, so we're here to try and get you back into the game as quickly as possible. Our goal is common: to make sure that everyone may enjoy Black Desert Online.

According to the error message, it's may be an:
    - Antivirus problem - the file is locked
    - Lack of admin right - your user account has no admin right - you can't open the file due to that
    - You have a virus - install an antivirus (even a trial version) like ESET Smart Security, Norton, Kaspersky etc..

Please let me know how it goes!

Best Regards,

GM Creator
    Black Desert Online Customer Support

Our knowledge base is regularly updated and contains a lot of useful articles.
    They can help to answer many common questions and save you from having to wait on a response from a Game Master.
    Check out des teeth! ... I mean links!

#115 Mycca, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  16. olivia545

I am facing issue with Google Drive, whenever I tried to access Google Drive I am getting google drive server error and can't able to get that why such an error is occurring. Kindly suggest me a way to solve this issue.

17. Megta

Megta Archer EU

And what has GoogleDrive to do with BDO?

NannaOgg and Mycca like this.
  18. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Sorry but we are unable to assist you with troubleshooting for programs or services not directly related to the game here.
    You will need to contact or visit the forums for whatever program or website you are having issues with for support.

19. Mycca

How to fix this error with THIS sites launcher? No one seems to know how to fix error's with client and or launcher. This is starting to become insane saying this launcher isn't from this game/site. http://akamai-gamecdn.blackdeserton...tup/BlackDesertOnlineSetup_20180524_10010.exe

Connect Support is located on the main page.This is where I got the feed back.Just encase that was meant for oh i don't know....me?

Edit:I sent another ticket,lets see if it looks like another recording.lol XO

Attached Files:

#119 Mycca, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  20. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Can you try running the installer on your Administrator account, and use the Run as Admin option, please?