1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Desert Online Global Lab Test Servers

Discussion in 'Global Test Server' started by CM Richter, Jul 11, 2018.

1. CM Richter

Community Coordinator

Global Lab Test Servers now Open!

Black Desert Online developer, PearlAbyss, has heard the feedback from Black Desert Online’s global community and has responded by launching the Global Lab test server. The purpose and goal of this global test server is to test out new content and gather feedback of any issues before the content is updated to the live service. We aim to make improvements to the live service by ensuring the quality first from the test servers and then releasing the new content patches.

How to participate in the Global Lab test server:
    1. Open the ESC menu in Black Desert Online and click on the ‘Global Lab’ icon.

2. Click ‘Register as Tester’ in the Global Lab “Apply for Global Lab Tester” window.

3. Login to your Black Desert Global Lab account then click ‘Apply’
    You must first register an account from the Black Desert Global Lab website to apply.

4. Once you are done with the application process, close your current client and download the test server launcher in the Black Desert Global Lab website. Run the launcher to enter the Black Desert Global Lab server.

Requirements:
    • You must have at least one Lv.56 character in your account to be selected as a tester. Also, not all applicants will be accepted as candidates to take part in Global Lab server. Please check Black Desert Global Lab website for more info.

• Currently, EU players cannot participate in the Global Lab test server due to temporary difficulties such as GDPR for EU players. PearlAbyss is looking to try and support EU players in the future.
    All feedback should be sent to PearlAbyss directly by using the “Submit Feedback” feature from the Black Desert Global Lab website.

Thank you!
    - BDO Team

#1 CM Richter, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  2. OldSnake

Well Here is the rub with your "how to participate"

"How to participate in the Global Lab test server:
    1. Open the ESC menu in Black Desert Online and click on the ‘Global Lab’ icon.

2. Click ‘Register as Tester’ in the Global Lab “Apply for Global Lab Tester” window.

3. Login to your Black Desert Global Lab account then click ‘Apply’
    You must first register an account from the Black Desert Global Lab website to apply.

4. Once you are done with the application process, close your current client and download the test server launcher in the Black Desert Global Lab website. Run the launcher to enter the Black Desert Global Lab server."

AS a WINDOWS 7 user. Your "Global lab" icon UI does NOT EVEN LOAD.
    So I cannot even apply as a tester because the glorious UI ingame still does not load.

The 11th of July patch notes contained :
    • The issue intermittently occurring among Windows 7 users where certain UI windows (Black Spirit’s Adventure, Beauty Album, Saying of the Day from the Guild window, etc.) were not displaying properly is being addressed and tackled upon. We have made a few improvements but a complete fix has not set in stone. Please allow us a little bit more patience until we resolve the issue entirely.

I have basically missed out on all those 1x armour stones from Black spirit adventures due to this "issue" but now I am also going to miss out on applying to be a tester ? that is something I wont stand. Least you could do is ad an external application option for Windows 7 users.

Good day.

*Edit, pictures:

2018-07-12_6966374.JPG

Attached Files:

#2 OldSnake, Jul 12, 2018
  3. phantomkitkat

I'm also a windows 7 user and only got to play bsa using the laggy compatibility mode workaround and going back to normal settings after each roll. To my surprise though, the global ui menu actually loaded for me today without having to go through the trouble of doing the workaround. It's possible a game restart or trying again a couple times can work as of this patch, at least for some of the menus that use coherent ui. If not, at least the signup is a one-time thing, so doing the workaround just to get through that process the one time isn't terrible.

4. OldSnake

I appreciate the help. I have managed to get the Ui working by spamming game restart like a mad man.
    But Now it wont let me access registration page,
    I figure this is due to me being in the EU while playing on NA server ? (*I am playing NA server and have been since BDO launch*)

EDIT:
    So I have managed to sign up now.

I did the following to get the UI to work on Win7, very simple :
    • Restart game (Alot), I restarted around 4 times before the UI window finally loaded (Wait ~5-10 seconds for it to load)
    For those from EU or outside NA regions but do play on the NA server. (I am assuming we still have the right to use the NA test server as we do play on the NA version of the game) :
    • Upon hitting the "register" button a external webpage will open. If you have not used a VPN to change your location to "United States" the webpage will block your access.
    • Use a VPN to Switch your location to the United States
    • You can now register
    • After you finish the online registration you will have to go to the "Global Lab" UI ingame once again and this time Login (instead of register) and then your basically done with the registration, should get an email confirming you have access. Then just install launcher/game.
    I am now attempting to install the Test server but I got some korean message and now I get infinite patching. I'll update once I figured it out.

Restarted launcher and the infinite patching disappeared, it took 2 to 5ish minutes for the progress bar to finally start moving. Image:
    image1.PNG

*If somebody could translate the text next to [3/3], because google translate says "Three foot medium" whatever that means.

#4 OldSnake, Jul 12, 2018
  5. Blackstag

can you fix your **** so when you type into the global lag member login pop up, it doesn't activate all your keybinds in game.

trying to type my name in, and my character window, map, friends list, worker lodging windows are flashing all over the place making this not only frustrating, but making me wonder if you all have any sense over there.

6. ForceFPS

Edit : To change language select the gear in the top right of the launcher and click english

#6 ForceFPS, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  7. woyce

This is what pops up when I run the global test client and then just exits when i click "Ok". Anyone know how to solve this issue? I restarted my pc without running the live server and I'm still experiencing the same issue :/

Attached Files:

#7 woyce, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  8. Sage37

Thats because you have normal bdo open, close that to work.

9. Sage37

We can't even confirm via ingame Global Test Server. First I Log in to Normal black desert online, I log into a lvl 56 character, i click on Global Test server. Then, I click the register as a tester, then proceed to type in the details from my global test server account, Then I click log in, It then brings me back to the First tab where it says Register as a tester, I click this and click confirm, then I See a window that says "If you enter a Family Name, you will be able to see all the characters in that Family", Confirm, Then It replays that tab Infinity. For more information See The Post on the Forums I just made about this issue ->https://community.blackdesertonline...u-cant-login-via-ingame-normal-client.255548/

Apparat, Able and Boltohn like this.
  10. Able

I, and several other players, have the same issue as Sage37.

Apparat and Boltohn like this.
  11. Apparat

Yeah, I get this too.

12. freymarch

anyway to actually fix this?

Apparat likes this.
  13. Evil Wood

What if i log with a vpn from eu?

14. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 61 EU

Evil Wood likes this.
  15. TruDeath

Wondering how to get the Valencia foot prints leave a mark in history in game, i have completed Val questline like 15 times, wondering if it was something with the test servers