1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Desert Online Is Launching Guardian on January 22nd

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Servantes, Dec 18, 2019.

1. CM Servantes

Community Manager

[​IMG]

• Guardian pre-registration will start on December 24

The Guardian is a female combatant from the mountains who follows the will of the ancient dragon Omua. This hardened warrior must wade through the turmoil of her fragmented memories and willingly made a pact with the Black Spirit in search of Ynix, the holy flame that could kill even the gods...

The Guardian wields a battleaxe and shield and uses heavy melee attacks to suppress her enemies. She charges enemies and grabs them by the neck to smash them with her shield as her axe mercilessly hacks away at her foes. She is the bastion of the battlefield and strikes with perfectly calculated blows to fend off all who dare oppose her. The Guardian uses a variety of skills to control the ebb and flow of the battlefield with wide and powerful strikes of her axe and shield. Some of her most noteworthy skills are:

[​IMG]
    [Boulder Crush]: The Guardian smashes down her battleaxe three times with powerful, rock splitting force dealing massive damage.

[​IMG]
    [Mountain Slam]: The Guardian smashes the ground, causing tremors that deal damage to foes around her.

[​IMG]
    [Black Blood Circle]: The Guardian draws the forces of the earth into her axe to create a circle around her, enemies can enter this circle at their own peril…

[​IMG]
    [Mutilation]: The Guardian charges energy and sweep the foes in front of her of their feet with her battleaxe.

[​IMG]
    [Black Blood Slaughter]: The Guardian releases the charged energy from [Mutilation] with a powerful blast that deals a high amount of damage.

Arranae, MalTails, Hissis and 22 others like this.
  2. AngryMothNoises

Oh boy, waiting over a month. I think this just killed my hype. By the time she is out, KR will have her awakening.

Hearing the jouhikko is lit though.

#2 AngryMothNoises, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    FreyjaFX, RoxiAmbrosia, Deoku and 4 others like this.
  3. Carahil

Carahil Warrior 63 EU

4. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Is there any explanation from Pearl Abyss as to why the global build has to wait an entire month, whereas Korea got it a week after pre-registration?

5. Factorial

Is this part of the global build schism? I like jokes as much as the next guy, but no.

6. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

That quite a long heads up.

First time since the games launch we get confirmation that isnt as short as just 1 week.

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  7. kakodaimonos

Well for this you need to be happy with the UI.
    But since people are unhappy with it... EAT THAT!

Patrik2991 likes this.
  8. PancakeRift

Hey PA, remember when you promised global content releases for all future content when you released archer? Oh, whats that you forgot?

Figures as much, why adhere to your promises when people give you pearls hand over fist for unearned PEN items ayy? God forbid you treat your largest monetary market for the PC platform with any respect.

Give us a legitimate reason on why a full month is needed for this other than you rushed yourselves because you are watching the active user base decline month over month. Coz this aint the right move... This aint it chief.

ForceFPS, XLucaX, MMoNoob and 10 others like this.
  9. Flex556

I told everyone this yesterday.
    :|

also. the trailer was weak. Im really looking forward to playing the class but you guys are dropping the ball with it.

Fateneko and Naho like this.
  10. Factorial

I am actually looking forward to them breaking the UI again. Good times!!!!!1!!!1!

11. theDevil

Global build.. my Ogre Ring :/

And I bet we'll never get to know the reason why we're Mansha'ed again. RiP good Archer & Shai releases. You failed us on this.

Patrik2991 and Flex556 like this.
  12. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

So unlike Shai bait, class gonna be FOTM and PA give people time to get money to buy coupons ?

Rinnagans likes this.
  13. Flex556

i bet this class will not be fotm. it seemed to play slowish and that will be off putting to people I think.

14. Akavir

I'm really sorry, but is this an out of season April fools joke? Are you really playing with the patience of your customers? Atleast I can say, that you are a company, that doesn't keep their promises, which is dissappointing enough as is. Please reconsinder your Image as a company. Thank you.

Patric, SrVill, Lukram and 1 other person like this.
  15. Straum

Global build btw

MMoNoob likes this.
  16. Flex556

the only shining light I can think of with a delayed release would be that awakening might be available by then as well but I doubt it.

17. Rickter

Rickter Ricktr Warrior 64 NA

Kinda glad KR is getting before EUNA, maybe we wont get DDoS'd this time.

18. Ben Phoenix

Boobs confirmed I believe. I hope people will stop now with the censorship bulls***.

19. Agent Orange

my big booby booty babe is coming :D

Dalenos likes this.
  20. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

nice way to say a big F U to their non korean playerbase, good job PA

[​IMG]

Cascaden, MMoNoob, AZzalor and 5 others like this.